Dell Streak 2.1 update (21 devices) - Download here!

Guest rza.android

Guest popetodd
Could this be for the unlocked Streak?

http://update.zingstaging.com/LatestBuild/...stBuild_31.html

(O2 one is "LatestBuild_21.html")

Quite possibly if it is in the 6000 range.

Also, if you replace the 21 or 31 with 00 that one may be available as well.

Only way to be sure is to give it a go eh? :D

EDIT: Nope, it is still the 4917 series release for 31.

It's worse for the 00 crowd, it is still showing 3562!

Edited by popetodd

Guest alfri68

X parruccone

Scusa m,a io ti ho fatto qualcosa?non capisco sta cosa del vantarmi.ti ho chiesto semplicemente se iltuo era uno streak francese,non mi sembra che ti abbia chiesto di spiegarmi chissa cosa.il tuo astio non lo capisco.mi hai addirittura bloccato.mai successa una cosa del genere.come se io ti abbia fatto qualchecosa.

Guest popetodd
downloading now to try but i think we are looking for the one ending in 00

One more time then I give up:

If it says it is for xxxxxxxx_21 then that is what it will work on. It won't work on any others.

If it says it is for xxxxxxxx_31 then that is what it will work on. It won't work on any others.

If it says it is for xxxxxxxx_00 then that is what it will work on. It won't work on any others.

This is all in the thread histories from the last updates we worked out.

You may of course waste your time if you wish but you will just get frustrated and post more questions that have been answered in 4 different ways right here on this thread itself.

Sorry, I got out of surgery yesterday and am on pain meds right now so reading the same questions that have already been answered every 4th post is getting to me.

Guest worley

Wooohooo!!!

After bricking the phone by placing the file on the SD card and going through the boot menu to upgrade, I got the original dell stock package, worked through the boot menu upgrade from the SD card, then booted up and ran the upgrade from the browser and it works!

Got the animated/live wallpapers working and it is a lot faster, no longer jutters when flicking between home screens etc.

Love it!

:D

Guest RichB93

Hey guys, got here via Engadget :D

Anyhow I'm currently downloading the update but I do not have the original image of 1.6 (O2 branded build 3883) if it goes wrong. Where can I download it?

Many thanks,

Rich

P.S: Also I'm a complete nub at Android (only got my phone last week!) so a nice walkthrough would be very much appreciated if anyone wants to share the 2.1 love :D )

Edited by RichB93

Guest JoshGantt

Ah! I got to 85% and the download stalled, and now it seems the link to the update is dead! Do you think they realized their mistake, or am I just doing something wrong?

I have a Modaco Custom ROM and clockwork Recovery. The baseband says xxx21. I downloaded it from mediafire file.

When I try to update via entering the file in the file manager it says something with signature unsigned or similar. The same happens when I rename the file with Update.zip in the recovery.

When I rename the file Update.pkg the recovery doesn't find it at all (when entering sdcard:update.zip).

What do I have to do with the file to get it to work or to get the recovery to find it as "Update.pkg" not "Update.zip"?

Guest popetodd
I have a Modaco Custom ROM and clockwork Recovery. The baseband says xxx21. I downloaded it from mediafire file.

When I try to update via entering the file in the file manager it says something with signature unsigned or similar. The same happens when I rename the file with Update.zip in the recovery.

When I rename the file Update.pkg the recovery doesn't find it at all (when entering sdcard:update.zip).

What do I have to do with the file to get it to work or to get the recovery to find it as "Update.pkg" not "Update.zip"?

I had the same setup, I had to reflash the stock recovery image then install the stock update. After that I went to the browser, downloaded the new update again and ran it from the browser. After that Bob's your uncle mate!

Guest marra2

Ok I've put my streak back to stock and can't download the update from my phones browser as A/ the download link is down and B/ the mediafire link won't let my phone download it as it says content not supported on this device !? any ideas ?

I,m uploading the package to rapidshare to try and will post the link if anyone wants it.

I had the same setup, I had to reflash the stock recovery image then install the stock update. After that I went to the browser, downloaded the new update again and ran it from the browser. After that Bob's your uncle mate!

The update can't be downloaded to the device, as the link is down.

Does that mean I can't upgrade now with Modacon Custom ROM and an unlocked Dell?

Guest worley

All I can say is oh wow!

2.1 rocks, everything is so much smoother, flicking between home pages is completely slick and fast, no juttering.

The live wallpapers rock, I love the starts one ;)

The video recorder does actually record at 720p and the quality seems much higher, I think the fps is a bit higher than the 8fps people were talking about, maybe 15? I'll upload a test video to youtube shortly.

The unlock screen is great with the swipe up to unlock, the new phone app is a huge improvement, and finally a mute button on the unlock screen, just swipe downwards.

Multi-touch! woooo, google maps with multi-touch, yay! :D

The new keyboard is much easier to use, but I still prefer Swype (which I managed to reinstall as I still have a beta account).

Oh and each time you open/close an app it fades between them, smoothly too!

While everything (but the SD card) was wiped, I still have my contacts, email, calendar from google and all my apps were still shown in the downloads section, so just got them again (all paid apps downloaded for free).

Few very minor niggles with some widgets such as the power widget not working and the retro clock widget I downloaded the time wouldn't update. However, power down and back up and everything works!

Fantastic job Dell (Google) :D

Edited by worley

Guest RichB93

Right. Downloaded the PKG and is on the root of the SD card as Update.pkg. Before I go through with this can anyone else here confirm they updated via this method and are on the O2 network AND it worked. I'm itching to use this but have had no replies on my last message :D

Thanks!

Guest Dunhamzzz
Right. Downloaded the PKG and is on the root of the SD card as Update.pkg. Before I go through with this can anyone else here confirm they updated via this method and are on the O2 network AND it worked. I'm itching to use this but have had no replies on my last message :D

Thanks!

Yup it works on the ones from O2, did it myself earlier.

Guest marra2

Thanks!

if youre rooted and have clockwork recovery it won't work, we need someone to make a rom or the link to be working again to download from the browser !

rapidshare link

http://rapidshare.com/files/412761370/update-6941-21.pkg

Edited by marra2

Guest RichB93

Many thanks, will try now and post back. And no I'm running completely stock software on my Streak atm as I have no idea when it comes to rooting etc. :D