• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Omnia i900 won't update

2 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi Guys,

As a new member i will first introduce myself, My name is Michael and i'm 23 yrs old. Born and raised in the Netherlands.

About a year ago i bought a i900 omnia, nice phone didn't have any problems what so ever. But after 5 months the phone would get some weird errors.

Like: Re enter id code or verification number, it would end calls sometimes around 6 sec, Sounds just stopped working (had to switch the phone off and on again to get it back), Lost my external memory (had to switch it off and on again) and so on.

So i thought, lets give it a try and update my phone to a new ROM. So i went to the samsung site and the site asked what my omnia version was. So i entered my version and the site said: The version you have entered is uncorrect. Please try again.

I though, well i don't want to wreck my phone so just ignore the errors and failures.

But, yesterday i thought, well.. try it again, maybe the luck is with me this time. Well.. no..

I tried and tried but nothing works. So i ended up here. Reading and searching, but no idea what to do. I tried different countries so it wouldn't ask my for my version but then the installation checks your phone and it will say, wrong version. please try again. I didn't want to try a unofficial ROM because i've never updated a phone before. It's my only phone so i can't wreck it.

Can anyone help me with this problem? I just want to update my rom version and hopefully get some more batterylife and less mem. usage.

I prefer a official rom in dutch but if there is a better solution, let me know.

My phone version:

PDA: i900XKHK3 / ASHK2

Phone: i900XXHJ2

WM 6.1

if there are any grammar mistakes, excuse me for that, i did my best :D

Edited by Michael vd Hoek

Posted

does nobody knows what to do ?