DSDPulMinFroYo Alpha 1 - FroYo on the Pulse Mini

Guest damnsmalldan

Guest damnsmalldan

Hello.

I have ported a FroYo ROM, and tried to make it work with the Pulse Mini.

I can't guarantee if this works, as I have not even tested it yet.

If it works I will put a lot of effort in to it.

Installation:

1) Make sure the battery is at 100%

2) Install a custom recovery on the Mini by clicking here.

3) Start recovery by pressing the green call button and volume up.

4) Choose Partitioning and select 0 MB swap. Use 256/512MB Ext2.

5) Wipe the data and dalvik cache. Power off.

6) Download DSDPulMinFroYo.zip from here

or here.

7) Copy the zip to the root of the SD (Don't extract).

8) Start recovery mode by pressing the call button and volume up. Still holding, press the on button.

9) Choose install from SD. Select the zip and press the middle dpad button to install.

10) When finished, click reboot. (This may take some time).

Good luck.

Please report back, as I need to know if this works, or not.

Please attach pictures, screenshots etc.

Thanks!

DSDPulMinFroYo-- Alpha 1

Root

A2SD

Wifi Tether

Etc.

Edited by damnsmalldan

Guest mczack
Hello.

Installation:

or here.

8) Start recovery mode by pressing the call button and volume up. Still holding, press the on button.

9) Choose install from SD. Select the zip and press the middle dpad button to install.

Good luck.

Thanks!

DSDPulMinFroYo-- Alpha 1

Root

A2SD

Wifi Tether

Etc.

tried to install but aborts and says faliure to line 2

Guest Gjole86

i dont see /system/cust folder. its to config device depending on connected network, right?

includes JIT too, no idea if it works on pulse mini and last question is this ported from desire?

EDIT: i edited some lines in update script and flashed ok. but it stucked into bootloop on startup t-mob logo. didnt get to android logo, nor bootanimation.

Edited by Gjole86

Guest Simon O
Can't seem to get it working, but good effort to damsmalldan :D,

I wouldn't give up yet and i expect it's something to do with the boot.img.

This rom has been compiled for the HTC Desire so it's extremely unlikely this will ever work on the Pulse Mini.

Guest damnsmalldan

Yes, the ROM I tried to port is from a completely different device.

I will play around with the boot.img and other things.

However, my primary thing to do is make an Eclair ROM for the Mini, which should be completed in a couple of days.

Guest kallt_kaffe

Some advice... While going from Android 2.1 to Android 2.2 is a smaller step than moving from Android 1.6 to 2.1 it usually requires modifying and recompiling the hardware specific libs. And well, for most devices these are closed source so if you intend to port Froyo to such a device a lot of reverse engineering is needed.

This is why hacked windows mobile phones running Android (in various states) runs Froyo long before many real Android devices. They had to write their own hardware specific libs (audio, camera, gps etc...) anyway so they have the source and can easily make them run on Froyo.

And porting a HTC Sense rom from a high res device to a QVGA device is also not an easy task. The Sense launcher does not scale like most other Android apps do.

So what could be done instead is to try to port the HTC Wildfire ROM to other QVGA devices. It's Android 2.1 and it's QVGA so it may be the most interesting alternative. You'd need to take the Huawei libaudio.so, libcamera.so, libgps.so, librpc.so and perhaps some more stuff like sensors libs and it would propably need some tweaking and hacking but it could work.

Guest Predrag Simonovski

I tried this ROM on T-Mobile MKD device with stock ROM and it didn't work.It flashed ok and after first reboot T-mobile logo showed and it stucks here.Tried rebooting again and again and did not worked :huh:

Guest Gjole86
I tried this ROM on T-Mobile MKD device with stock ROM and it didn't work.It flashed ok and after first reboot T-mobile logo showed and it stucks here.Tried rebooting again and again and did not worked :huh:

better use MG r3 rom for now. huawei U8150 is coming out soon (end of September) with 2.2 on it. now my guess is: we will port that 2.2 rom to pulse mini maybe in no time maybe 2 weeks, and maybe huawei will release 2.2 rom for U8110 near end of November.

Guest kallt_kaffe
better use MG r3 rom for now. huawei U8150 is coming out soon (end of September) with 2.2 on it. now my guess is: we will port that 2.2 rom to pulse mini maybe in no time maybe 2 weeks, and maybe huawei will release 2.2 rom for U8110 near end of November.

As I said before, to step up to 2.2 you'll at least need a libaudio.so that is compatible with your hardware and Android 2.2 (to make phone calls). Optionally you would also like to have a libcamera.so and librpc.so/libgps.so (for the GPS). My own experience is that the GPS libs may work without modification but libaudio and libcamera may need some small changes and then be compiled against the Android 2.2 source.

If the new device uses the same (or very similar) hardware for audio and camera, then there is a chance that the libs will work for the pulse mini (and the U8100 as it seems to have compatible audio libs) and yes, then the ROM could be ported (or you could just "borrow" the hardware specific parts and compile your own Froyo from the AOSP source)

Guest al-xcartier
This rom has been compiled for the HTC Desire so it's extremely unlikely this will ever work on the Pulse Mini.

@ flibblesan:

Is there any date previewed for a new Pulse ROM with FroYo issued by you?

• 1 month later...
Guest waijeff
Hello.

Installation:

or here.

Good luck.

Thanks!

DSDPulMinFroYo-- Alpha 1

Root

A2SD

Wifi Tether

Etc.

Hi Sir,

I have a question for ur custom 2.2 rom with my U8110 HK version.

I wonder to know how can u find the right Wifi driver with 2.2 rom for the U8110?

Where is the location for change the Wifi driver with old 2.1 ROM???

Thanks, and looking forward ur news asap.

Thanks again!

Guest kallt_kaffe
it isnt working at all. dont seek 2.2 for U8110. yet

But it may not be long now. I'm compiling a 2.6.32 kernel right now, once I confirm it works I will try to fix the touchscreen driver. :)

(It's on the Huawei site now and it seems to be the real thing)

Guest Gjole86

wow, checked huawei site last night, this wasnt there...

what a nice piece of software. combined kernel for u8100/10/20 and kernel for u8150.

im downloading this U8150 V100R001C203B823SP02(Belarus Velcom)

at least europe region rom. :)

Guest McSpoon
But it may not be long now. I'm compiling a 2.6.32 kernel right now

Cool. Interesting. Does it compile? Do you have a .config for it?

Did anybody happen to pull a copy of /proc/config.gz when they tried the U8150 boot image on the Pulse Mini?

Guest kallt_kaffe
Cool. Interesting. Does it compile? Do you have a .config for it?

Did anybody happen to pull a copy of /proc/config.gz when they tried the U8150 boot image on the Pulse Mini?

Yes it compiles, yes it boots, yes I'm currently tweaking the touchscreen calibration.

As for pulling the config it isn't necessary. Just build a config from the one starting on hw_msm_something. It procuces a .config that is identical to the one you pull from the phone.

I have a build almost ready based on the Australian channel sale ROM. Seems quite clean and seems to have all languages.

Guest Gjole86
Yes it compiles, yes it boots, yes I'm currently tweaking the touchscreen calibration.

As for pulling the config it isn't necessary. Just build a config from the one starting on hw_msm_something. It procuces a .config that is identical to the one you pull from the phone.

I have a build almost ready based on the Australian channel sale ROM. Seems quite clean and seems to have all languages.

ok then. public alpla test? wana flash this asap :)

Guest kallt_kaffe
ok then. public alpla test? wana flash this asap :)

Still tweaking the touchscreen calibration... Takes some time as I have to recompile the kernel everything I change a value but I'm on the right track.

Do you remember if my old attempts had network issues on pulse minis? I suppose we may see the same network (and gps) issues as with The Celestial Teapot. With a little luck the old 2.1 libs can be used to fix it.

Guest waijeff
Still tweaking the touchscreen calibration... Takes some time as I have to recompile the kernel everything I change a value but I'm on the right track.

Do you remember if my old attempts had network issues on pulse minis? I suppose we may see the same network (and gps) issues as with The Celestial Teapot. With a little luck the old 2.1 libs can be used to fix it.

Hi! Can it work with wifi In U8110??

Guest Gjole86

if u mean this: when i flashed stock u8150 rom on u8110 i had no network, yes i assume its same problem. i got no wifi too (it was up to /cust folder) and gps worked (i mean it was turning on, but didnt test if it actualy can get a fix on my location)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AndroidKiller

Just installed, and ulaoding what I downlded as its goes really slow, so will put a new link out. Seems to be ideos software and installed fine but its booting up.

Will post results soon.

EDIT:

Not good exatcly like kulaffes, cant call and some problems as before! This doesnt seem to be for the C8500 its for the U8150. Keep gettting the process.acore error when ever I open any applcation. Including dialer.

Seems to be customized for the C8500, as its Eagle?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1Y5L373W

This si the link to the 2.2, if anyone wants to try soemthing.

Edited by AndroidKiller