Screen "shakes" and is unresponsive

Guest Captain Jasper

Guest Captain Jasper

Hi, I have been using MCR 3.0 for a while now but I have started getting what I can only describe as a shaking screen. It kind of goes backwards and forwards from one screen to another very rapidly or if I have the keyboard up random letters start getting entered. I have also found that touching one part of the screen seems to select a completely different part.

Before I start reflashing etc I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I have found one other post which seemed to indicate hardware.

Any thoughts?

Guest Dr. dre
Hi, I have been using MCR 3.0 for a while now but I have started getting what I can only describe as a shaking screen. It kind of goes backwards and forwards from one screen to another very rapidly or if I have the keyboard up random letters start getting entered. I have also found that touching one part of the screen seems to select a completely different part.

Before I start reflashing etc I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I have found one other post which seemed to indicate hardware.

Any thoughts?

It isn't a Software problem, But still you can try flashing some other ROM, But it's definitely a Hardware problem

Guest haelstone
It isn't a Software problem, But still you can try flashing some other ROM, But it's definitely a Hardware problem

Thats right its a hardware problem, you need to change your digitizer and stop keeping your phone

in your pocket most of the time. :huh:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, i have the same problem with my hero. I send it to HTC to repair it, but they couldnt reproduce the problem. After i got the phone back the problem was gone for about 2 weeks. Now its back. So im thinking that haelstone may be right.

I will try to not statically charge the phone for a while and see if it helps.