Music playback?

Guest dragon2611

Guest dragon2611

Hi All,

Does anyone else have issues with Mp3 playback on the pulse mini?

Mine seems to have very poor quality (like it's being played out of a tin can) and a lot of hiss unless I remove and re-insert the headphone plug after starting playback of a track, I think it may be a case of if it configuring it self for a handsfree kit rather than headphones.

Once I do that the sound quality is much better Although the maximum volume is rather low.

I'm wondering if it's buggy firmware or something to do with the headphones i use to listen to music (sony MDR-NC11A)

The headphones are noise cancelling but I often don't turn the noise cancelling circuit on as 2G interferences with it (That lovely sound you get when someone leaves a phone to near a speaker)

Guest dragon2611

If I Turn the FM radio on when an MP3 is playing the volume of the MP3 increases Dramatically :P

Basically what I thought I'd do is see if the Radio has the same problem with the low volume (It does), however I assumed the phone would just mute the MP3 and switch to the radio if the radio app is started, it doesn't what actually happens is the MP3 volume increases significantly, and although the radio is actually ON it gets drowned out by the Mp3 that's playing.

In Summery.

1) plug in headphones and start MP3 playing = Lots of hiss, and Terrible Playback quality

2) disconnect headphones and reconnect them quickly = Solves problem 1 but the volume is still a lot less than i'd expect

3) Turn the FM Radio on when an MP3 is playing = Much increased volume (About the volume i'd expect from an MP3 player actually)

Firmware is as follows

Pulse Mini MG Mod

Version 2.1 Update1

Baseband 2210

Kernel 2.6.29

MG rom r3

Guest Gjole86

hooooooooooly craaaaaaappppp

had no idea that pulse mini can have that powerfull sound output. no distorsion no buzz... just tune it to 108.00 FM (no station freq). no EQ but sound is ...... amazing. cant thank you nuff for this...

Edited by Gjole86

Guest dragon2611
hooooooooooly craaaaaaappppp

had no idea that pulse mini can have that powerfull sound output. no distorsion no buzz... just tune it to 108.00 FM (no station freq). no EQ but sound is ...... amazing. cant thank you nuff for this...

Yeh it's really werid... although even on 108.00 you get the static in the background on a quiet track.

I wonder if someone can come up with a app/hack that will cause the volume increase but without the radio in the background.

• 4 weeks later...
Yeah it's really weird... although even on 108.00 you get the static in the background on a quiet track.

I wonder if someone can come up with a app/hack that will cause the volume increase but without the radio in the background.

Dude!! You know how long I've been searching for a fix for this annoying low volume crap?? Thanks!

I haven't even turned on the FM Radio since I got it because well, it sucks. I found a sweet spot at 104.5 where the static is lower than anywhere else.

Maybe it's different where you are. It might be worth a few minutes to inch up the dial see if you find one too. With this and AstroPlayers EQ, my Mini

sounds awesome now!

This made my day :)

Cheers..