22/Oct Fr24 - MoDaCo Custom ROM Desire Port for Nexus One with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest rugmankc
Well, been running it for a few hours, here's some thoughts:

1. In the kitchen, there should be a way to make sure that we have either Sense/Rosie or the default Launcher bundled. Somehow my first bake I didn't put either and it was really frustrating. Maybe a dummy-proofing setting that checks one or the other?

2. I'm getting some major lag after a few reboots and installing all my crap back - like, I can't even unlock the phone type lag. I had the same issue with eViL's v1.15, so it could be something that I'm restoring, but it's there, nonetheless.

3. I didn't use the new radio (Still on v4.06) is that something that could be causing my issues?

4. Overall, really nice. I finally have a rom that gives me HTC's camera and Sense UI nav bar, but with the default 3D Gallery and Launcher Pro. :lol:

rcadden,

Did you choose only Stock launcher to use Launcher Pro? I have to go back and see if you can do that and get some of Rosie. But like LP too much not to have.

Ken

Guest rugmankc

Also,

If I have Rom Mgr, TB, Spare Parts, TB Alert already in my Titanium backup, do I need to select these and if I do what would happen.

Getting ready to dl now, any help appreciated.

Enjoyed r21, looking forward to r24.

I am not selecting Rosie since I want Launcher Pro, is that the right thing to do. Can I do both.

What is Smooth Theme, and can I still flash another battery option mentioned a page or two back if I select this?

Is this theme ready and which ones.

Ken

Edited by rugmankc

Guest rseahole

I baked with the HTC Lock screen disabled, the stock android launcher 2 application but included the smooth theme.

When the phone rings it displays first the stock android lock screen which is then quickly replaced by the HTC Lockscreen.

I've tried finding the application to clear defaults without luck so I flashed another theme over the stock but nothing seems to alleviate this.

Am I doing something wrong or is it being caused by smooth there which cannot be removed?

formatted my sd card 2x and am re-installing stuff one-by-one to try to figure out the cause of my previously-mentioned issue. Thus far, seems to be running OK (knock on wood).

Edit: I've also noticed that, this time around, whenever i reboot, the phone boots up with Airplane mode on (I've never manually turned Airplane mode on). Any idea what's up with this? I'm using the v4.08 radio.

Edited by rcadden

Guest TariqGibran
I bet it didn't modify the sound at all.

Actually, the DSP Manager that is baked into eVils Desire port does indeed work. I have used it many times and the equalizer certainly does work properly. Perhaps it is only when you try to install it yourself that it does not work.

Guest rugmankc

Well, I couldn't flash successfully. It kept foreclosing android proces and apps and saying getting low on memory. I don't have that many market apps, maybe 25. I also had the cmparts.xml on sd card that I dl for my Elegant Steel theme. I had renamed stock one to cmpart.xmlold. That may be why when I resotred apps and Launcher Pro the ES theme came back on screen.

Am I going to have to partition sd card and use a2sd or can I install a few at a time and let android move them to sd. Not experienced at a2sd, help would be appreciated.

Also, I did choose to install things I had installed like TB and Rom Mgr etc.

Edited by rugmankc

OK...I admit I'm not the most knowledgeable person in regards to a2sd..

I did not include the a2sd script in my bake, figured I'd see how I was doing without it first. I need it. So I flash the final release of DarkTremor apps2sd. I've ran it before no problems. So I boot into recovery, and flash the new version, and reboot.

Been stuck on the X screen for a good 7-8 minutes at least. I'm pretty sure if it were going to boot, it would've by now. Thankfully I nandroided right before so I should be ok. Any ideas how to get a2sd working? Am I going to have to re-bake? If I do re-bake another rom, can I just flash it over w/o wiping?

Thanks

Beside Wifi-Hotspot problem, I have to hit FriendStream Widget update twice to actually get update.

The first seem to update only twitter or so, the second will trigger "sync" icon in notification bar as well as facebook update.

Prefect FM Radio, but r1-wvga-cime-signed.zip does not work. Wifi-hotspot has problem also, manual channel 3, no security, can activate wifi but I failed to connect on my notebook and ipad. :lol:

It seemed DHCP is not work since not ip assigned, but even after setting ip to static, 192.168.1.10, still not internet connection.

Actually, Chinese Hand Writing disappeared and replaced by stroke. Would you reverse to the orig HTC_CIME hand writing mode?

Edited by tongcc8

Guest Ashiqur Rahman
Beside Wifi-Hotspot problem, I have to hit FriendStream Widget update twice to actually get update.

The first seem to update only twitter or so, the second will trigger "sync" icon in notification bar as well as facebook update.

Regarding the WiFi-Hotspot problem, can anyone (paul) have any idea...? when or how to fix...? For mine, WiFi is also not working, it turns ON but can not search any network.

Guest prgopala
I bet it didn't modify the sound at all.

Of course it does... Every option on DSP manager works and enhances the sound.. I had it running on Evil's rom... The only problem was that if you had EQ enabled on DSP then at the end of any song & beginning of the next the sound somehow would blare a lot...If i would turn of EQ it would work fine.. but with EQ on i got the same problem everytime.. also the ringer also blared if i kept it enabled and the phone rang.. Disable it and phone would ring normally...

I found that only the first gmail account is automatically synchronizes. The other google accounts dont update automatically. Not even when you enable syncing in accounts & settings

Guest Stea1thmode
I found that only the first gmail account is automatically synchronizes. The other google accounts dont update automatically. Not even when you enable syncing in accounts & settings

Go into the gmail app and select the account that is not synchronising. Select sync/refresh, then go into accounts and sync and select the options from there. :lol:

Guest TariqGibran
Of course it does... Every option on DSP manager works and enhances the sound.. I had it running on Evil's rom... The only problem was that if you had EQ enabled on DSP then at the end of any song & beginning of the next the sound somehow would blare a lot...If i would turn of EQ it would work fine.. but with EQ on i got the same problem everytime.. also the ringer also blared if i kept it enabled and the phone rang.. Disable it and phone would ring normally...

I only noticed this issue when dynamic range compression is enabled with regard to music. I ended up just leaving that option off and only using the equalizer.

Once you have used a properly working eq on the N1, it's hard to use a rom without it as it makes such a huge difference when listing to music. I really hope it makes it into this great rom.

Guest TariqGibran
I had to go back to r21 for the time being. I rely on my phone to much to have such massive lock-ups. think I'll just stick with this until I get a new phone.

Unfortunately, I experienced a lock up as well that required a battery pull.

Uh...is it possible to flash a different kernel on this guy? I was rocking super steady at 1190 on the other one, but it doesn't seem like I can just push it over. The way the rom's all scattered about to use space and all....

Edit...nevermind, got it. Now we'll see how hot I can run it :lol:

Edited by pendo

which kernel did you use?

Wildmonks 2.6.35.4_SVS-950mV_CFS_AXI_720p_1228MHz_082710-TEST. So far so good...but I think I'm right on the edge. Had just a couple hiccups when trying quadrant, but I'm not complaining. Just going by feel, evil's might be just a tad faster, and I do mean tad. Really a toss up as far as I'm concerned.

Other than the capacitive lights not working on my ATT version, this thing has been rock solid for me. No lockups or any issues at all.

Mine work fine, must be random like P said