[FIXED!!!] Desire reboot every 2 min

Guest wanet180

Guest wanet180

hi all,

I'm using r8 rom and found that when I'm activating my GPS navigation program (waze) the device reboot every two minutes or so.

Does anyone know why?

Thanks.

Edited by wanet180

hi all,

I'm using r8 rom and found that when I'm activating my GPS navigation program (waze) the device reboot every two minutes or so.

Does anyone know why?

Thanks.

same here but with official 2.2 rom, seems that we need to visit a service center.Does yours get really warm too?

Guest wanet180
same here but with official 2.2 rom, seems that we need to visit a service center.Does yours get really warm too?

Yep my device is getting really warm two but it was getting really warm with official 2.1 and did not reboot.

With the official 2.1 it work with no problem using same GPS navigation software

Edited by wanet180

Guest reudyfam

Mine does it as well, unrooted last night to check if it was root related, but it's been doing it again today as well. It's a well known issue with the Desire if this thread is anything to go by.

Guest wanet180
Mine does it as well, unrooted last night to check if it was root related, but it's been doing it again today as well. It's a well known issue with the Desire if this thread is anything to go by.

I've managed to narrow it down to a mobile network (umts/3g) raleted problem.

I've just finished a 60km drive with my 3g connection off using Waze navigation software and the devide did not reboot and not heated.

I guss we should try using the mobile network with no GPS to see if the device continue to reboot.

Edited by wanet180

Guest reudyfam
I've managed to narrow it down to a mobile network (umts/3g) raleted problem.

I've just finished a 60km drive with my 3g connection off using Waze navigation software and the devide did not reboot and not heated.

I guss we should try using the mobile network with no GPS to see if the device continue to reboot.

Mine has gone back to HTC for repair this morning, unrooted and reverted to stock last night. Paid too much for it not to work properly!

Guest wanet180
Mine has gone back to HTC for repair this morning, unrooted and reverted to stock last night. Paid too much for it not to work properly!

It's definitely a mobile network issue (3G/UMTS), I don't think that sending it back to HTC will solve the problem as this did not happened when using the 2.1 stoke rom.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wanet180
It's definitely a mobile network issue (3G/UMTS), I don't think that sending it back to HTC will solve the problem as this did not happened when using the 2.1 stoke rom.

As I mentioned in my posts the problem is Radio related, I've flashed my Radio to the latest Radio available (32.48.00.32U_5.11.05.14) and the problem was solved!

Also the device is not over heating when I use the GPS.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest djmrmagic
As I mentioned in my posts the problem is Radio related, I've flashed my Radio to the latest Radio available (32.48.00.32U_5.11.05.14) and the problem was solved!

Also the device is not over heating when I use the GPS.

Where can i get this latest radio from? I am running Pauls R9 with 32.47.00.32U_5.10.05.23

Ta