vs Milestone 2

Guest Abra Cadabra

Guest Abra Cadabra

This looks great though I'm curious as to how this compares to the Milestone 2 (Droid 2).

Will need to decide between this and the Motorola for my next phone :lol: Any help in making the decision appreciated.

Edited by Abra Cadabra

This looks great though I'm curious as to how this compares to the Milestone 2 (Droid 2).

Will need to decide between this and the Motorola for my next phone :lol: Any help in making the decision appreciated.

Well i had few HTC phones and i know i'm getting Desire Z :) Quality of their phones is great and with all the custom ROMs around it's going to be just that much better than Motorola :(

The Desire HD is also great but i want a hardware keyboard that is the main reaason i'm going for the ZZZZZ.

Well i had few HTC phones and i know i'm getting Desire Z :lol: Quality of their phones is great and with all the custom ROMs around it's going to be just that much better than Motorola :)

The Desire HD is also great but i want a hardware keyboard that is the main reaason i'm going for the ZZZZZ.

Likewise - keyboard is what I want & may finally get me to switch from my Hero. However, I'm wondering why this doesn't have the snapdragon and only has an 800Mhz CPU, would have hoped for it have to matched the spec of the current Desire at least.

• 1 month later...
Guest El Nino9
It's supposed to be a more advanced processor than the current desire and may in fact beat it in benchmarks.

Also there was a release of graphics benchmarks which shows it keeping up with the best. See:

http://gadgetwidgets.com/t-mobile-g2-bench...alaxy-s-100169/

clock speed is nothing. its like comparing a P4 to a dual core. the htc vesion has been over clocked to 1.4ghz and is apparently stable.

as for people saying they want a htc because of the custom roms etc etc.. well at the moment there is no permanent root. htc have a new protection in their phone which locks the nand. so temp root is only available. i dont doubt the devs will be able to get around it eventually but its not going to be easy. similarly motorola have been trying to lock their devices down and make it difficult to obtain write access. the doid x had problems but the great developers managed to get around it.

i already have a desire hd and am due for an upgrade next month on my business phone, my G1 is going to get an update finally!! time for a desire z or moto milestone 2

which ever one obtains a custom recovery first is the one i will obtain. or i will just have to wait for the rumoured nexus two which will be fully unlocked as it is a dev phone..

Edited by El Nino9

Guest Abra Cadabra
clock speed is nothing. its like comparing a P4 to a dual core. the htc vesion has been over clocked to 1.4ghz and is apparently stable.

as for people saying they want a htc because of the custom roms etc etc.. well at the moment there is no permanent root. htc have a new protection in their phone which locks the nand. so temp root is only available. i dont doubt the devs will be able to get around it eventually but its not going to be easy. similarly motorola have been trying to lock their devices down and make it difficult to obtain write access. the doid x had problems but the great developers managed to get around it.

i already have a desire hd and am due for an upgrade next month on my business phone, my G1 is going to get an update finally!! time for a desire z or moto milestone 2

which ever one obtains a custom recovery first is the one i will obtain. or i will just have to wait for the rumoured nexus two which will be fully unlocked as it is a dev phone..

Being able to remove stuff is good enough for me and with Paul's temp root / remove app thing I'm all set. I ordered the Z this morning and shipped this afternoon from Clove (Got the DHL tracking number just now).

Guest El Nino9
Being able to remove stuff is good enough for me and with Paul's temp root / remove app thing I'm all set. I ordered the Z this morning and shipped this afternoon from Clove (Got the DHL tracking number just now).

awesome, you won't be disappointed! you can over clock to 1.4GHz if you really wanted to as well if you were interested lol

Guest slyydrr
Likewise - keyboard is what I want & may finally get me to switch from my Hero. However, I'm wondering why this doesn't have the snapdragon and only has an 800Mhz CPU, would have hoped for it have to matched the spec of the current Desire at least.

FYI, this is a snapdragon processor. They just changed the naming convention for the cores. The Desire Z has the MSM7230 core which per this page, is a seemingly more efficient version of the original Snapdragon CPU: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snapdragon_(processor)