Surprise everyone !!!

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Stephen Hyde

ok folks all im going to say is check out the image attached :lol:

and no its not a joke i do actually have this running on my streak. stock android 2.2 froyo - using dells eclair kernel source, as you can see its not usable (no wifi/bt/phone etc which we expected). working on getting at least 3g going now.

post-281546-1285361955_thumb.jpg

ok folks all im going to say is check out the image attached :lol:

and no its not a joke i do actually have this running on my streak. stock android 2.2 froyo - using dells eclair kernel source, as you can see its not usable (no wifi/bt/phone etc which we expected). working on getting at least 3g going now.

Congatz Stephen, looking forward to using the results of your work B)

Guest Dogmann55

Hi Stephen

Once again congratulations on your achievement this is truly awesome and looks really good for the future of our Streaks which IMO is still the best device out there can't wait to see how this progresses either by your self or Cyanogen or MCR Roms will be great.

Marc

Guest MrPokeylope

Congrats dj_steve. This has truly been a day of good news. I was informed i got my new job, dell released more source, you had insane progress yourself, more devs are evidently on board with this device... and the icing on the cake... alex winter just announced a third bill and ted movie.

Will you be putting a donation link once u release the rom? I would like to buy u a case of bud for the work :lol:

theres no need to threaten to poison him B)

he's from the north east UK..

newkiebrown or nowt man! B)

Guest untrueparadox

awesome! can you let us know as soon as you get a working nightly build? id be willing to beta test for you as long most hardware like phone, data, wifi, text, etc work.

Guest jmhalder
I also dont drink lol. And cyanogen just confirmed who the developer of cyanogenmod for streak is.....me

I'd donate a few bucks and I'm sure others would, as soon as you have a build (or even now), setup a paypal donate link in your signature. Don't be afraid to post incomplete builds, I'd rock a unstable nightly with no wifi/BT/camera as long as calls/data work, I'm happy.... this is the most amazing thread I've read in a LONG time!