Can i chane the SMS notification tone

Guest Rednose01

Guest Rednose01

As topic title. I can see where you can change the incoming calls ringtone for one of your own audio files, but sms just shows a list of default tones to pick from. Can not find an option for importing other sources and changing it to one of your own

Is this a really stupid nooob question? sorry if it is. Still finding my way around.

Thanks. Carl..

Guest RottenFoxBreath
As topic title. I can see where you can change the incoming calls ringtone for one of your own audio files, but sms just shows a list of default tones to pick from. Can not find an option for importing other sources and changing it to one of your own

Is this a really stupid nooob question? sorry if it is. Still finding my way around.

Thanks. Carl..

Right, on the SD card, create a folder called "Media" - without the quotes obviously..lol

Then inside that "Media" folder, create folders called, "Notifications", "Ringtones", "Alarms". - again, without quotes.

Now, if you want to change your message tone, chuck your .mp3's in the "Notifications" folder, then open your message client(the little green icon on the home screen), press the menu touch sensitive button(lower left under the screen), select "Settings" then scroll down to Ringtones, and just change it there.

This can be done for main notifications, for emails, Calendar, messages, and you can put mp3's in the Ringtones folder and set them too, in the main phone settings screen, and you can change the tones for just about everything.

Thanks. Carl..

You need to go to the messages then press left menu key under screen.

then settings, scroll down u will see notifications, and choose ringtone there.

Guest RottenFoxBreath
You need to go to the messages then press left menu key under screen.

then settings, scroll down u will see notifications, and choose ringtone there.

That way, he will only get the standard ones...NOT ones he wants to add himself, or customised tones..:lol:

Read my post, that's how it's done.!!

Guest he6rt6gr6m
Right, on the SD card, create a folder called "Media" - without the quotes obviously..lol

Then inside that "Media" folder, create folders called, "Notifications", "Ringtones", "Alarms". - again, without quotes.

Now, if you want to change your message tone, chuck your .mp3's in the "Notifications" folder, then open your message client(the little green icon on the home screen), press the menu touch sensitive button(lower left under the screen), select "Settings" then scroll down to Ringtones, and just change it there.

This can be done for main notifications, for emails, Calendar, messages, and you can put mp3's in the Ringtones folder and set them too, in the main phone settings screen, and you can change the tones for just about everything.

B) Awesome. :lol:

Guest Rednose01

Thanks, i wonder why they made this process so awkward.

i will try once i recover from my hangover.

Carl..

• 3 weeks later...
Guest delboymel
Thanks, i wonder why they made this process so awkward.

i will try once i recover from my hangover.

Carl..

sorry - wrong thread!! Doh!

Edited by delboymel

• 3 months later...
Guest felixbbb031

You are the King! Thanks man and gr.from Croatia :lol:

• 2 months later...
@RottenFoxBreath: Thanks i was looking for this as well.

YOU ROCK!!!

Couldn't agreed more.

Thank you very much for this!

I have another Question about Optimus 2X if i can ask it in here :)

How i can change time for keylock? Or can i change it at all? :)

I don't like that phone get locked so fast.

Guest JackG
Couldn't agreed more.

Thank you very much for this!

I have another Question about Optimus 2X if i can ask it in here :)

How i can change time for keylock? Or can i change it at all? :)

I don't like that phone get locked so fast.

Go to 2x.modaco.com and ask there :)

Guest liamwilli2

Thanks, my mum was getting pi**ed off because she couldn't change her messaging tone, and all the stock ones are to quiet!