06/Dec v27 (2.1/2.2): HTC_IME mod by jonasl repacked for the Blade

Guest PaulOBrien

@Weba

Nope, you're not the only one. =)

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1464194

I really really need a solution to this as well. The keyboard is great, and I really want to use it, but if I can't use my custom dictionary and it constantly resets, then it's of little use.

There doesn't seem to have been much mention of this issue. Either it doesn't happen with others' keyboards, or it does and they don't care :rolleyes: ?

Either way, does any one have a clue about what the cause could be?

Guest Freekers

Could someone please please please tell me how to turn of the icon next to the spacebar/shift which brings you in the settings menu ? It's driving me NUTS ! I often mistype and I always end up in the settings menu.

Thanks a million !

Guest mattlcfc
hhhhhhhhhhelp still cant get it to run on 2.2 !!!!!!!! anyone had it working yet???? :huh: :huh: :rolleyes:

Sorted. Now. Gents was installed. But had to open compose message hold text box then change input method thanx Matt

Guest p shields

I'm pretty sure I am the only guy on this forum who hasn't a clue how to go about installing this keyboard. I've been using the stock keyboard and it's rubbish to say the least. From what I hear this HTC keyboard is the ticket. Would anyone on here be willing to explain step by step how to go about installing it? Currently running Paul's custom ROM 2.1. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Guest mattlcfc
I'm pretty sure I am the only guy on this forum who hasn't a clue how to go about installing this keyboard. I've been using the stock keyboard and it's rubbish to say the least. From what I hear this HTC keyboard is the ticket. Would anyone on here be willing to explain step by step how to go about installing it? Currently running Paul's custom ROM 2.1. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

download the zip to your desktop,unzip and place the 2 files on the sd card on your phone ,unplug phone, use a file manager to navigate to the said files and install both one after the other, exit then go menu,settings lang and keyboard select htc-ime mod , exit then go to compose new message , press and hold text box(if not working and select input method and htc , should be working .

matt

Edited by mattlcfc

Thanks to all involved. This is just what I've been after since my SwiftKey trial ended. Having 'keyboard' in the thread title would've put me on to it sooner though! :rolleyes: IME was a new term to me.

Hi, first, download the zip file in the first post of the thread. Then extract the files, and copy them on to your phone. On your phone, use a file browser to open the files which will install them. Finally, long press in a text box, and select HTC_IME as the entry method. Simples :rolleyes:.

Edited by goatee

Hi, first, download the zip file in the first post of the thread. Then extract the files, and copy them on to your phone. On your phone, use a file browser to open the files which will install them. Finally, long press in a text box, and select HTC_IME as the entry method. Simples :rolleyes:.

Once installed, I had to go in to Settings > Keyboards and tick the box next to HTC before it would show up as an alternative Input Method

Is there anyway to disable the kill keyboard-function? Cause I'm starting to think it's that who cause the problems with the user dictionary and settings to reset.

Nobody has come up with a solution for the user dictionary disappearing yet?

Guest Bob@Desire

I have installed both apk's but when I choose the HTC_mod at Input method the keyboard didn't appear?

What did I wrong?

Edited by Bob@Desire

This is working great for me, thanks for this, though I have one problem. When I add words to the dictionary, other times when I'm typing a text, it doesn't recognise them and I have to add them again, and again. It seems like they're not being remembered properly. Anyone else get this?

This is working great for me, thanks for this, though I have one problem. When I add words to the dictionary, other times when I'm typing a text, it doesn't recognise them and I have to add them again, and again. It seems like they're not being remembered properly. Anyone else get this?

Seems to be quite many who has that problem in this thread, but I haven't heard about a solution yet. Btw, do you use english as default language in your phone? Maybe it's only other languages that are affected(think you're the first from england I've seen with the same problem).

Does anybody know how to fix this? It's getting really annoying and I'm starting to consider to switch back to my previous keyboard, even though I love this one.

Edited by Poodha

Seems to be quite many who has that problem in this thread, but I haven't heard about a solution yet. Btw, do you use english as default language in your phone? Maybe it's only other languages that are affected(think you're the first from england I've seen with the same problem).

I don't think that's the explanation. On my phone, even in English, all user-added words are lost whenever the HTC_IME process gets closed down, including via the "kill" command from its own menu, and also when the phone is shut down normally. After that, viewing the menu HTC_IME mod -> User Dictionary (which is not the same as the User Dictionary for the stock Android keyboard) reveals that the list has been reset to the 11 words included by default at the time of installation.

I wonder if the modded version of HTC_IME includes a custom User Dictionary of 11 words, a copy of which overwrites the user list every time the keyboard process is started up. Either that, or user additions are never "saved" properly in the first place, just held in RAM.

I don't think that's the explanation. On my phone, even in English, all user-added words are lost whenever the HTC_IME process gets closed down, including via the "kill" command from its own menu, and also when the phone is shut down normally. After that, viewing the menu HTC_IME mod -> User Dictionary (which is not the same as the User Dictionary for the stock Android keyboard) reveals that the list has been reset to the 11 words included by default at the time of installation.

I wonder if the modded version of HTC_IME includes a custom User Dictionary of 11 words, a copy of which overwrites the user list every time the keyboard process is started up. Either that, or user additions are never "saved" properly in the first place, just held in RAM.

Good to know. The only reason why I thought that it might have something to do with that is that it seems that most people who have complained aren't englishspeakers, and it seemed odd to me that such a big bug would have gone unnoticed and unfixed if the majority of the users were affected. Question now then is if there are any users who can get the custom dictionary to work without it resetting after a time.

On top of resetting the custom dictionary it also resets some regular spelling. Like it insists on writing "jag"("I" in english), mig("me" in english) in versals. In other words, it corrects to "JAG" and "MIG" after every reset. Also the word "att"("to" in english) it insists on spelling "ätt"(a fairly uncommon word in swedish).

I don't even have to turn off the phone or kill the keyboard, the custom dictionary resets automatically after a couple of hours for me, to the 11 preset words and the other odd settings I mentioned.

Is there ANYONE who can get the custom dictionary to work?

Good to know. The only reason why I thought that it might have something to do with that is that it seems that most people who have complained aren't englishspeakers, and it seemed odd to me that such a big bug would have gone unnoticed and unfixed if the majority of the users were affected. Question now then is if there are any users who can get the custom dictionary to work without it resetting after a time.

On top of resetting the custom dictionary it also resets some regular spelling. Like it insists on writing "jag"("I" in english), mig("me" in english) in versals. In other words, it corrects to "JAG" and "MIG" after every reset. Also the word "att"("to" in english) it insists on spelling "ätt"(a fairly uncommon word in swedish).

I don't even have to turn off the phone or kill the keyboard, the custom dictionary resets automatically after a couple of hours for me, to the 11 preset words and the other odd settings I mentioned.

Is there ANYONE who can get the custom dictionary to work?

Did you get any joy with this problem? I too have it and can't seem to find a workaround anywhere.