How to tune a FM radio station

Guest moneytoo

Guest XsCode

I *might* be able to do something with this depending on how much time I get in the future.. (it would need an interface re-design)

Another feature would be nice: automatic setting of the stations...

Guest redbishop
looking through the bcom_fm.h I see this... don't know if anyone can do anything with it?

enum

{

BCOMFM_BAND_EUUS,

BCOMFM_BAND_JP

};

BCOMFM_BAND_EUUS Means Broadcast Communication Freq Modulation Band in Europe and United States

BCOMFM_BAND_JP Means Broadcast Communication Freq Modulation Band in Japan

this system are used in telecommunications codec systems.

:)

Guest XsCode

I figured as much, I also noticed that further down the file that the driver is hardcoded to BCOMFM_BAND_EUUS. Maybe someone who has the android toolchain could recompile the bcomfm driver with BCOMFM_BAND_JP in it's place for those that need it.

tnx

BCOMFM_BAND_EUUS Means Broadcast Communication Freq Modulation Band in Europe and United States

BCOMFM_BAND_JP Means Broadcast Communication Freq Modulation Band in Japan

this system are used in telecommunications codec systems.

:)

Guest wyxwyx
I *might* be able to do something with this depending on how much time I get in the future.. (it would need an interface re-design)

Super. I'm waiting....

Guest puchg350

Thanks again XsCode, but I have no knowledge of doing this work. If somebody does this, I would appreciate it very much. Not in hurry, but I will be waiting.

I figured as much, I also noticed that further down the file that the driver is hardcoded to BCOMFM_BAND_EUUS. Maybe someone who has the android toolchain could recompile the bcomfm driver with BCOMFM_BAND_JP in it's place for those that need it.

tnx

Guest rocklobsta

To anyone running 1.6, you can use the FM tuner through EMlist. Dial *#*#307#*#*, then go to your application list>EMlist>FMRADIO.

Not the most elegant solution, but it works well once you get it tuned. Just be sure to use the speaker (hit voice routing) because it lacks working volume control. I've been using this for about a month now without any issues.

Guest jsm7483
Maybe this app could work to tune in the streaks radio, the nexus one and the streak have the same hardware.

http://mobiputing.com/2010/10/custom-rom-f...s-the-fm-radio/

That's part of Cyanogen Mod firmware. It says so in the article. Stephen Hyde is working on porting Cyanogen Mod to the Streak. Android 2.2 (Froyo) was the first part of that equation. So he's got that running. Wait and see if he get's that Cyanogen Mod ported to the Streak. If not I'm sure that if this app takes off he will work with the dev to package it into his firmware.

Guest Eric.Druse
Works fine in the new 2.2 upgrade but you still need to Root your Streak

You are running android 2.2 on streak? How do you root it? I failed to root streak on 2.2 with universal root app.

Guest parks387
You are running android 2.2 on streak? How do you root it? I failed to root streak on 2.2 with universal root app.

You have to run androot 2 or 3 times to get it to actually root (typically 2)

Guest haynesteve

installed the new ROM update from DJ_Steve - version 1.0. Now the radio doesn't work ! Is this a problem with the firmware ?

My bad - seems androot having problems rooting the phone - had to do it several times, but now radio working again . Phew !

Edited by haynesteve

There are no guys, just me....

I have a full time job, writing little apps is just a hobby....I have made some strides in controlling the radio via HCI rather than fm_hcitool but I have no idea of when this will be releasable..

Autotune? Come on guys...

Guest puchg350

If you can add a function switch the frequency range to Jp mode, please add it in your next project. I will be happy to have it whenever it is ready. Thanks in advance. :)

There are no guys, just me....

I have a full time job, writing little apps is just a hobby....I have made some strides in controlling the radio via HCI rather than fm_hcitool but I have no idea of when this will be releasable..

• 3 weeks later...
Guest RenkliArif
Ok. fm_hcitool_speaker has speaker enabled by default and works fine. However I have just found there's major drawback - once you use this (_speaker) version, you can't switch back to the headphones, you have to restart your Streak. Maybe I will play with it more later.

Stupid question: How do we use this?