app2sd was here... :D

Guest RAT-BoyZ

Guest brqueiros

One more, sorry, on a 8GB microSD what shold be the partitions and size? Is the Swap needed? Sorry for asking but i have read a lot of information and i'm confused. Thanks for the help

Guest RAT-BoyZ
One more, sorry, on a 8GB microSD what shold be the partitions and size? Is the Swap needed? Sorry for asking but i have read a lot of information and i'm confused. Thanks for the help

may be partition 1 for FAT32

partition 2 for EXT2 = Maximum 1 GB better

perttion 3 for Swap = only 32 MB.

Edited by RAT-BoyZ

Guest brqueiros
yes, you must format to FAT32.

I have format to FAT32 and my phone is saying "Blank SD Card. SD card blank or has unsupported filesystem". I use minitool partition wizard to make the partitions

What is wrong. Please, help

Edited by brqueiros

• 2 weeks later...

Guys i am having an issue,

I have a 2 GB card

I set up one partition as FAT32 (1374 MB)

The other partition as EXT 2 (500 MB)

The phone pops up a message saying:

"SD card blank or has unsupported filesystem"

Any help would be appreciated :P

Edited by Atheos

Guest RAT-BoyZ

all,

when your SD Card is un-detect in your phone, because Your Partition is failed.

Please re-format again or you must read a tutorial "How to make parititon on your Disk"

thank's

all,

when your SD Card is un-detect in your phone, because Your Partition is failed.

Please re-format again or you must read a tutorial "How to make partition on your Disk"

thank's

Thanks for your reply RAT.

I have read the tutorials a few times.

I am trying to do it by using the card in mass storage mode so maybe i need to get an SD reader.

It was late last night when i was running into problems (got the phone rooted last night though :P ).

I will give it another go today and if i run into problems i will post back.

Edited by Atheos

Guest RottenFoxBreath
Thanks for your reply RAT.

I have read the tutorials a few times.

I am trying to do it by using the card in mass storage mode so maybe i need to get an SD reader.

It was late last night when i was running into problems (got the phone rooted last night though :P ).

I will give it another go today and if i run into problems i will post back.

DO NOT do it in mass storage mode..

Simply connect the phone to the pc, with usb lead, "mount" the sd card in the notifications menu.....

open your programme of choice(I use minitool partition wizard), delete the partition that you see, on the phones SD card(back up your stuff first though!!!!) and apply it, then create 1 new primary FAT32 partition and 1 new Primary Ext2 partition, then apply it in the Minitool partiition wizard, then "unmount" the card on the phone, from the notifications menu

DO NOT do it in mass storage mode..

Simply connect the phone to the pc, with usb lead, "mount" the sd card in the notifications menu.....

open your programme of choice(I use minitool partition wizard), delete the partition that you see, on the phones SD card(back up your stuff first though!!!!) and apply it, then create 1 new primary FAT32 partition and 1 new Primary Ext2 partition, then apply it in the Minitool partiition wizard, then "unmount" the card on the phone, from the notifications menu

Many thanks for replying RFB.

I have turned off mass storage mode.

I have tried Ubuntu (not working as from a guide it says "because Ubuntu isn't capable of mounting your microSD card from your phone") , minitool partition wizard and Paragon partition manager.

I noticed you did it the Ubuntu way as well. Did you use a USB SD card reader?

It is still coming up with the same problem (notification area saying blank SD card).

I have tried setting both partitions to primary, both to logical and a mixture of the two.

I will keep on trying though :P

I have just ordered a Micro SD USB card reader

Edited by Atheos

Guest RottenFoxBreath
Many thanks for replying RFB.

I have turned off mass storage mode.

I have tried Ubuntu (not working as from a guide it says "because Ubuntu isn't capable of mounting your microSD card from your phone") , minitool partition wizard and Paragon partition manager.

I noticed you did it the Ubuntu way as well. Did you use a USB SD card reader?

It is still coming up with the same problem (notification area saying blank SD card).

I have tried setting both partitions to primary, both to logical and a mixture of the two.

I will keep on trying though :P

I have just ordered a Micro SD USB card reader

Use minitool partition wizard, from here: http://download.cnet.com/Partition-Wizard-...4-10962200.html

That can mount from the LG, and other phones when you connect via usb, and select "mount" for the SD card.(cnnnect phone, and select "mount" in the notification menus"

Then you will see the phones SD card as a hard drive.

click on the drive name, and then it will jump to a picture of your card, and whats on it(well the size of the partition).

select "delete partition", then apply. - this will clear your card.

Then click on the drive/card, again in the programme, and create a partition.

A menu will pop up allowing you to move a sliding bar to pick sizes, and alter options...you want FAT32, primary, and whatever size you want, so for an 8gig card, say 6.95gig for the FAT32, and the remaining space for Ext2.

Create, first the FAT32 one, and secondly create another one from the remaining space for the Ext2 mode, then apply, and the programme will format the card, and create the two you need.

* BOTH have to be marked as "Primary" *

Then simply unmount the card on the phone..

If you create partitions, and you see "unused space" or extra partitions, like boot sectors on the newly created ones, you've done it wrong.

It can read from mounted cards, from several phones I have tried, and it DOES work.

Edited by RottenFoxBreath

Use minitool partition wizard, from here: http://download.cnet.com/Partition-Wizard-...4-10962200.html

That can mount from the LG, and other phones when you connect via usb, and select "mount" for the SD card.(cnnnect phone, and select "mount" in the notification menus"

Then you will see the phones SD card as a hard drive.

click on the drive name, and then it will jump to a picture of your card, and whats on it(well the size of the partition).

select "delete partition", then apply. - this will clear your card.

Then click on the drive/card, again in the programme, and create a partition.

A menu will pop up allowing you to move a sliding bar to pick sizes, and alter options...you want FAT32, primary, and whatever size you want, so for an 8gig card, say 6.95gig for the FAT32, and the remaining space for Ext2.

Create, first the FAT32 one, and secondly create another one from the remaining space for the Ext2 mode, then apply, and the programme will format the card, and create the two you need.

* BOTH have to be marked as "Primary" *

Then simply unmount the card on the phone..

If you create partitions, and you see "unused space" or extra partitions, like boot sectors on the newly created ones, you've done it wrong.

It can read from mounted cards, from several phones I have tried, and it DOES work.

RFB,

Thank you for your patience at trying to help me. Respect man!

I have followed the steps to the letter and no joy. I am truly stumped as to the reason.

The USB card reader will be here tomorrow or monday, so will try again then.

Guest RottenFoxBreath
RFB,

Thank you for your patience at trying to help me. Respect man!

I have followed the steps to the letter and no joy. I am truly stumped as to the reason.

The USB card reader will be here tomorrow or monday, so will try again then.

If your pc can see the SD card when you "mount" it, when you connect via usb, then you can use minitool, as the phone will show up as a "drive"..

Does the phone still say blank sd card when you reboot it?

I know that if you create 2 partitions with either boot sector, or the Ext2 first, it(the phone) won't see the card, and will think its blank, but if it can see it mounted, so you can move stuff back and forth, then it can be partitioned.

I had bother getting GFarted to work, and Ubuntu took too long, but minitool did it really quickly, and was the least effort.

Edited by RottenFoxBreath

Guest saeba_ryo

Do you reboot the phone after you create the partitions? My phone did not recognize the card when I remount it, but then I rebooted it and it found it normally.

Do you reboot the phone after you create the partitions? My phone did not recognize the card when I remount it, but then I rebooted it and it found it normally.

Noob Alert!

I did not reboot the phone :D .

It installed.

I downloaded Angry Birds.

The free space was 128 Meg before install

After the install (game is 12meg) it is now 126.

Installed 4 more apps / games and still at 126meg :D

RFB and saeba_ryo i salute you!

Now if i can figure out how to install Busy Box. Titanium downloads it and then an error message in the notification area.

Anyway that's an issue for a separate post

Edit: Got it sorted :P

Edited by Atheos

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Ragav777

Hi, I am ragav. New to this forum, yet not to forum :-)

I saw all your replies, but i am having problem, as

I rooted my GT540,

Connected through ADB

connected to SU

then i typed sh/sdcard/app2sd/app2sd.sh

results was not found.

at this time , I had been saved app2sd folder to sdcard root folder.

2. USB debugging mode was enabled

3. with mounting USB with system and without mounting the USB

4. created two partitions using simple partion tool, but when i create second partition warning was The second partition can not be used in windows

Is there any wrong, need to change anything.

Edited by Ragav777

Question, with all the problems below the original post I ask myself, is the first post updated so these problems will not happen with new readers.

Edited by Eljo_M

Guest Ragav777

Finally found a simple way to do this , and got success..

This credits goes to person, really found this..

1. Connect ur phone via debbuging, connect ur SDcard Backup all data from ur SDcard to PC.

2. Download this 'Home' edition.

3. Install programm and search for ur SDcard.

4. Rightclick on ur partition, click remove. Be careful: check twice if its ur SDcard from Phone

5. Rightclick on ur new partition, select 'create" and create a new partition with these settings:

FAT32, primiary and ca 70% of space from ur card.

Now u got 70% (1,70 GB from 2 GB SD storage) and a 30% none format partition.

Repeat step 5 with those 30% but choose Ext2.

6. Click on "Apply" on the corner to the topper left.

7. Reboot ur Phone and check if ur Phone starts with SD card.

8. Check for installed BusyBox partition. If there is none: install BusyBox from market

9. Download the App2sd.zip, extract on ur SD file

example path: X:\App2SD\app2sd.sh

10. Download from market 'ScriptMe' and install on ur Phone.

11. Open ScriptMe, choose 'app2sd.sh', check "with root privilege" and "Execute script"

12. wait a long time for reboot. WARNING: dont forcequit ScriptMe while extract the script. if u do it, ur SDcard will s*** bricks. Choose "Wait for programm" if there is any PopUp.

13. Done.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah I would say hold on a little while longer as I imagine the Greek version must be released soon.

As of now I think 3g is the only issue I have left.

2.1 is really growing on me - the addition of apps2sd has made a huge difference.

Is this 3G problem solved and if so how?

• 1 month later...
Guest Irmantao
MY phone no longer sees the SD card

erm.....HELP!!!!

The same problem for me, I have android 2.1 (Updated from lg site). I'm sure my sd card formatted correctly. Any suggestions please?

• 7 months later...
Guest yatindestel

between gscript method and one click install of app 2 sd, something worked for me and now titanium shows 1 gig of internal memory and i have no idea how!!! but i am happy :) :)