Suitable Silicone Case & Screen Protector for San Francisco by Orange

Guest H2ohaZZ

Guest H2ohaZZ

Hi,

Has anybody come across a silicone case & screen protector solution for the San francisco by Orange, or know of a supplier that does custom cases etc.

Thanks

Guest decpvr

I can't comment on a silicone case, but I saw in another thread a few people mentioning Samsung i900 screen protectors fitting perfectly so I've ordered one myself.

I'd be interested if anyone finds a silicone case that is suitable - I just find them the most convenient thing for protecting a phone while still being useable - slipcases etc just get on my nerves.

Guest H2ohaZZ
I can't comment on a silicone case, but I saw in another thread a few people mentioning Samsung i900 screen protectors fitting perfectly so I've ordered one myself.

I'd be interested if anyone finds a silicone case that is suitable - I just find them the most convenient thing for protecting a phone while still being useable - slipcases etc just get on my nerves.

Definately agree, would be nice to find a silicone case that works with th SF.

I noticed the post about the i900 protector, may try this until someone makes one for the SF. Going off how it is selling you would of though someone would want to produce a Silicone Case & Protector for it.

Guest thomas01155

I got a htc desire screen protector and cut it up about (2-3mm off each side and a bit off the top and bottom). No bubbles at all, though I had to use the old sellotape trick to clean it after failing :)

Guest thomas01155
can you explain a bit more about the sellotape trick?

If you get like a bit of dirt on it you can stick sellotape all over it, then as you peel it off you start putting the screen protector on the phone. It was just because I faffed around getting it the right size.

Edited by thomas01155

Guest matt_not_andrew

I got an E71 silicon case this afternoon and it fits like a glove with spaces for the microphone, camera, USB, headphone. The only thing missing was an opening for the speaker but that is easily rectified with a hobby knife. It was a toss up between the case for the E71 and C3 (both Nokia) as both fit.

It also covers the hard keys at the bottom of the screen which I like cause it makes the device look like it is all touch screen.

06102010843-Copy.jpg

06102010844-Copy.jpg

Guest mELIANTE
Do they ship to uk for free?

They ship worldwide for free.

Been using that site since over a year now, sometimes the shipping process takes time but they deliver :)

Guest fradleyp
I got an E71 silicon case this afternoon and it fits like a glove with spaces for the microphone, camera, USB, headphone. The only thing missing was an opening for the speaker but that is easily rectified with a hobby knife. It was a toss up between the case for the E71 and C3 (both Nokia) as both fit.

It also covers the hard keys at the bottom of the screen which I like cause it makes the device look like it is all touch screen.

06102010843-Copy.jpg

06102010844-Copy.jpg

where from pal

Guest will7201

Interesting. See down the bottom of the phone, is there some extra space there? Ya know when ya mam bought your school shoes with a bit extra in the toes, "to grow into"! Because it looks like you could pinch a bit :)

Will.

Guest ezablade

My screen protectors arrived this morning, perfect fit, designed for the Samsung i900, no need to cut, the earpiece is already in the same place. 6 for £1.99, free delivery.

Guest scoula
My screen protectors arrived this morning, perfect fit, designed for the Samsung i900, no need to cut, the earpiece is already in the same place. 6 for £1.99, free delivery.

Do they cover the light or proximity sensors?

Guest ezablade
Do they cover the light or proximity sensors?

Yes, they do, don't affect their performance though. Cover the sensors and the phone display shuts off when calling and buttons light up when covered/in the dark.

From eBay.

Guest toge64
Yes, they do, don't affect their performance though. Cover the sensors and the phone display shuts off when calling and buttons light up when covered/in the dark.

From eBay.

thanks, went ahead and ordered :)

Guest matt_not_andrew

The case fits like a glove - no room for the little toes to grow.

There is a cut out for the camera which doesn't get in the way.

I like the loof of the OtterBox series so might look to try hat next. This one is fine but a little thin. The OtterBox has better impact protection.

Guest spoonium
There is a cut out for the camera which doesn't get in the way.

Which doesn't get in the way or wich fits the camera of the SF?

I.e. do you need to remove the case to use the camera?

Guest The Red

Hi Ezablade, would you (or anyone else who's used them) be able to take a picture of just how the i900 screen protectors fit?

Guest fradleyp
Hi Ezablade, would you (or anyone else who's used them) be able to take a picture of just how the i900 screen protectors fit?

they are made for this phone they are that good