MyPhoneExplorer

Guest PaulOBrien

myphoneexplorer1.pngmyphoneexplorer2.png

Welcome to 'Paul's App of the Day', where I pick one of my favourite apps as featured app of the day! Today's app is...

MyPhoneExplorer

What they say

MyPhoneExplorer is a powerful phone management software for your Desktop PC. Some features:
- sync your phone with Outlook, Thunderbird, Windows Contacts,...
- manage your SMS, Calllists, Apps, Files...
Connection via WiFi or USB-Cable.
This is the client which is needed for phone.
Get MyPhoneExplorer at www.fjsoft.at

What we say

This application was recommended for App of the Day by MoDaCo member 'psych0t1c'. He writes...

MyPhoneExplorer, an Application that originally was a Sony Ericsson 3rd party suite. It has now been extended to work with Android phones, and to my knowledge it implements some features that were impossible ass of now.

Basically, you can now take all your syncing of contacts and appointments etc. away from the Google cloud and into your home machine.

It will sync phonebook, call lists, appointments, message foldes (SMS), device pictures with the touch of a button. Either to the integrated PIM which allows adding/editing the information, easy input of additional information to contacts (even photos), sending text from the PC keyboard etc. The nifty thing, it can sync to the integrated PIM or to Contacts to Windows Contacts, Thunderbird / Lightning, Google (duh!) and local or networked ical Files. All it takes is an additional Thunderbird plugin to work.

I had no problems. Sync choices are plenty (sync, force phone to pc, force pc to phone, interactive).

Additionally you can setup folder syncs, say you can backup your Titanium backup folder to a local PC folder.

Anyone should give it a try. This is a real killer app in my book.

Permissions

ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION / ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE / ACCESS_WIFI_STATE / BROADCAST_PACKAGE_REMOVED / CALL_PHONE / CHANGE_WIFI_STATE / GET_ACCOUNTS / GET_PACKAGE_SIZE / INTERNET / MODIFY_PHONE_STATE / PROCESS_OUTGOING_CALLS / READ_CALENDAR / READ_CONTACTS / READ_LOGS / READ_PHONE_STATE / READ_SMS / RECEIVE_SMS / SEND_SMS / VIBRATE / WAKE_LOCK / WRITE_CALENDAR / WRITE_CONTACTS / WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE / WRITE_SMS

Download

View at AppBrain

Direct Market Link (for on device)

View on Android Market

QRcode

To use, install 'Barcode Scanner' from the Android Market.

myphoneexplorer.qrcode.png

Price

FREE

Market star rating at time of writing

4.66 (192 ratings)

Version at time of writing

1.0.4 (client) / 1.8.0 (Desktop)

Similar / Alternative apps

n/a

Suggested improvements for the next version

n/a

Have your say

Fan of MyPhoneExplorer? Found something better? Just wanna share your experiences? Post below! :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest HitTheCow

may i ask which firmware you are using?

i've installed seb404 r5, downloaded myphoneexplorer 1.8.0 (win7 32bit) and the client via market (1.0.4 i think)

but i can't get any connection to my SF

MPE says: socketerror 10061 - connection is forcefully rejected

edit: tried it with usb debugging mode on. no socketerror anymore but "can't find connected usb device"

edit2: solved: loaded the usb-driver from the android sdk -> works! :)

Edited by HitTheCow

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BigBlue007

Something that hasn't been mentioned here so far: This is the only solution that I know of which is able to sync Android phones with Lotus Notes (contacts, calendar) directly and without using anything else in between (like Google Calendar/Contacts or Outlook).

• 1 month later...

This is a great little program, means I can avoid gmail for syncing with outlook. But one problem I have is that it will add events to the Android's standard calendar, but not to any other calendar program I install.

Does anybody have an idea which calendar app I can use? Thanks ;o)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Alexander_13
This is a great little program, means I can avoid gmail for syncing with outlook. But one problem I have is that it will add events to the Android's standard calendar, but not to any other calendar program I install.

Does anybody have an idea which calendar app I can use? Thanks ;o)

Can't agree more, and I have exactly the same question! Any calendars around which work with MyPhone Explorer? I have DejaOffice, but it does not sync. Thanks in advance.

• 5 months later...