Cooking with FroYo

Guest martinwilliams999

Guest martinwilliams999

Ever since my Desire received the 2.2 OTA upgrade it has been getting really hot - sometimes almost too hot to hold. Google Navigation won't run for more than about 10 minutes & WiFi less than a minute before the phone restarts. Sometimes when this happens it'll just keep restarting over & over until I have to remove the battery & leave the phone to cool.

I've seen a few posts about Desires getting warm, but none mentioning phones you could fry an egg on!

Are lots of people having this kind of trouble, or do I have a faulty phone? It's not locked to any network & was one of the very first Desires in the UK, so may well be a little fluttery.

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Cheers,

Martin

Edited by martinwilliams999

Guest dreamdealer
Ever since my Desire received the 2.2 OTA upgrade it has been getting really hot - sometimes almost too hot to hold. Google Navigation won't run for more than about 10 minutes & WiFi less than a minute before the phone restarts. Sometimes when this happens it'll just keep restarting over & over until I remove the battery & leave it to cool.

I've seen a few posts about Desires getting warm, but none mentioning phones you could fry an egg on!

Are lots of people having this kind of trouble, or do I have a faulty phone? It was one of the very first Desires in the UK, so may well be a little fluttery.

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Cheers,

Martin

yeah I did, with a pre release leaked version of 2.2, after time it gets worse and eventually used to reboot and repeat its reboot till I left it turned off for 10 mins or so, it happened with me mainly on mobile internet, strangely it didn't happen to me under wifi, either way I sent it back under warranty, in the end they sent me a new phone and its not happened since.. hope it doesn't come to this point for you because it took them 3 weeks before they decided to send me a new phone.

Guest martinwilliams999

Cheers for the quick reply.

My thoughts are leaning towards faulty phone anyway.

As soon as I posted I thought if there were lots of people with overheating Desires, there would be far more posts about them here.

Trip to Carphone Warehouse in the morning then :)