froyo 2.2

Guest smsmasters.co.uk

Guest Maringer

I've no experience of development but the comments about Google apps specifically failing to work makes me wonder if they have been deliberately borked. With the Great Firewall of China still firmly in place, is it also reasonable to think that the authorities there might force ZTE to cripple certain aspects of the ROM to ensure Chinese users definitely can't access some of the Google stuff which might make them become corrupted by our Western decadence? :P

Edit: Yep, what droidhed said ^^

Edited by Maringer

Guest Stephen Hyde

the google apps issue ill be examining later today (just got in from work so quickly having a play tryingto get phone working then going to bed

Guest prufrock
Need some sleep now.

But you guys might enjoy this :P

xyheb7.png

Except that's the SGS on 2.1 - Froyo's officially out for the SGS now, so expect to see it at the top of the list. :D :D

Guest tmobilepulse
I've no experience of development but the comments about Google apps specifically failing to work makes me wonder if they have been deliberately borked. With the Great Firewall of China still firmly in place, is it also reasonable to think that the authorities there might force ZTE to cripple certain aspects of the ROM to ensure Chinese users definitely can't access some of the Google stuff which might make them become corrupted by our Western decadence? :P

Edit: Yep, what droidhed said ^^

Cross the Great Wall, We can reach any corner of the world. :D

Guest Sebastian404

OK guys,

I've removed my copy of the ROM, since Im sick of getting messages about how the phone part does not work, and how its not as fast as someone else's build. I only publicly announced it because of the 'excitement' from this thread, but clearly that was a mistake.

I'm sure Paul or one of the other guys will be along soon with a release that works.

Should we be able to get a dump of a retail device (or Orange put out a 2.2) I might revisit this.

OK guys,

I've removed my copy of the ROM, since Im sick of getting messages about how the phone part does not work, and how its not as fast as someone else's build. I only publicly announced it because of the 'excitement' from this thread, but clearly that was a mistake.

I'm sure Paul or one of the other guys will be along soon with a release that works.

Should we be able to get a dump of a retail device (or Orange put out a 2.2) I might revisit this.

Doh, I was going to download this morning for a play, without complaining that bits don't work!

Guest hillmie87

oh awesome,I woke up this morning and I saw this thread. Been reading every single post. And that benchmark is sweet!

Too bad i wont be able to contribute to the development of the rom. :D

anyway, nice work indeed guys! :P

Guest Sebastian404
Paul is used getting bashed at. :P

I've been out this evening, for a very nice late night surf/swim, and come back to 2 (or 3) guys who'd between them left me over 50 messages about the fact 'my ROM' is not as fast as another ROM they don't have and how the Phone part does not work. One of them was demanding to know when I was going to fix it as it was 'damaging his eBay business' he' had already sold handsets with the promise of 2.2.

I've been out this evening, for a very nice late night surf/swim, and come back to 2 (or 3) guys who'd between them left me over 50 messages about the fact 'my ROM' is not as fast as another ROM they don't have and how the Phone part does not work. One of them was demanding to know when I was going to fix it as it was 'damaging his eBay business' he' had already sold handsets with the promise of 2.2.

Hilarious!

Now imagine how many I get. :P

P

Guest mr_bridger
lol i do seem to be doing quite well with froyo builds of late :P

Haha, DJ_Steve your here as well! as if an N900 and Streak werent enough.. lol. keep it up dude. and everyone else working on this for that matter!

what device you buying next? ill get saving the pennies!

Edited by mr_bridger

Ouch, the sf does seem to have attracted a new breed of n00bs! Just ignore/block them if you can.

Guest oh!dougal
... come back to 2 (or 3) guys who'd between them left me over 50 messages about the fact 'my ROM' is not as fast as another ROM they don't have and how the Phone part does not work. One of them was demanding to know when I was going to fix it as it was 'damaging his eBay business' he' had already sold handsets with the promise of 2.2.

:P

Really, I think a little bit of publicity for the individuals concerned might be the way to minimise this idiocy!

However, looking on the bright side, you now know why its a good idea NOT to put contact deta in any roms you release.

That said, might it be a good idea to put something in there to discourage commercial use?

Subject for another thread perhaps.

In general, I think it would be perfectly acceptable to have heavy-duty moderation to "keep spectators off the pitch during the game".

Guest Blasphemous
PM him back Sebastian and tell him to go **** himself! What a complete tool!

I know NOWT about development lads but I'd love to learn. Any pointers as to where I might start/get more info/books/videos etc?

Thank you ALL for your time and effort. If I can help in any way let me know (I doubt I can but the offer is there).

Now get a flamin move on will ya? :P :D

Edited by Blasphemous