Returning Faulty SF Phones - experiences

Guest bignred84

Guest bignred84

Looks like I'm sending my phone back to Orange (bought over the phone)

have had a annoying tune/mp3 when I start up for some time, have just rebooted back from Rom R3 back to original Orange settings/Rom (finally got there)

anyway, how many fellow SF users have had to send back faulty phones

what's been the script ??

how long do orange take ??

what other experiences have people had in returning phones bought over the phone (as this one was)

any other feedback would be appreciated

Sent mine back within 7 days of reciept. Phoned returns dept but they said will send jiffy bag to return and no repair or replace, need to order again.

So asked to be put through to cust service, key'd in mobi number. They wanted to put me back to returns for it but I said I wanted it replaced or repaired so he arranged it there and then. Said I could get a new replacement as it was only few days old. Got handset next day and they took the old one without its box.

Think its different procedure if you have had it for more than 7 days.

Guest LorianNod

You are sending it back because of an annoying tune?

Do you mean the SD card notification tune - you can turn that off!

Edited by LorianNod

Guest bignred84
You are sending it back because of an annoying tune?

Do you mean the SD card notification tune - you can turn that off!

I wish I could turn it off believe me, and no its not that noise

have posted about this problem on both this forum & another forum, by the sounds of it 99.9% of SF users "DON'T" have this issue

for the record, It is the Notification ringtone tune for under in the settings, I have fiddled with this so many times, no matter what I do this tune always comes on when I power up the phone

have tried loading an app that I was advised would stop this, it never did, even if I download mp3, these come on, who wants a 3+ minute mps when you power up

anyway, enough on my annoying phone, I called into an Orange shop this afternoon, explained the problem, the guy just said phone up and return it, even after I explained I've had it for about 2 weeks

Edited by bignred84

Guest androidswillkillusall

anybody know what their policies are if bought instore? apparently it says on the receipt theres no money back guarantee...i have problems with the battery life...

Guest bignred84
anybody know what their policies are if bought instore? apparently it says on the receipt theres no money back guarantee...i have problems with the battery life...

by the sounds of it this is a common complaint, a number of queries & various threads about this, not sure you'll get anywhere with that

If you can wrangle a replacement it is great, on the door swap and you can choose morning, afternoon or evening. However expect to be on the phone for over half an hour to try and get this. Otherwise they can send you a jiffy for a replacement, you can sort that out in about 5 minutes.

Guest bignred84
If you can wrangle a replacement it is great, on the door swap and you can choose morning, afternoon or evening. However expect to be on the phone for over half an hour to try and get this. Otherwise they can send you a jiffy for a replacement, you can sort that out in about 5 minutes.

looks like you could be right,

1) phoned up this morning, the number supplied on the receipt, Sorry we are closed, please call back Mon - Fri

2) called the standard Orange landline number after 20 minutes on the phone, of which I must of spoke to someone for about 3-4 minutes, I was eventually cut off

3) call the other standard Orange number (450) eventually (after being on hold for 5 - 10 minutes) got told I need to call original number, but that's closed was my response

ahh well suppose I'll call back first thing tomorrow, and give them both barrells

Guest steve1221

The Orange stores are run as a separate division to telesales and the guys at CS on the phone. They don't have access to any retail systems, so if you bought an SF instore you'll need to take it back to that store...

Guest bignred84
The Orange stores are run as a separate division to telesales and the guys at CS on the phone. They don't have access to any retail systems, so if you bought an SF instore you'll need to take it back to that store...

thanks, but I bought the phone online, funny thing is, the receipt states 7 day return, yet people have mentioned it should be 14, yesterday when I mentioned I'd had the phoned about 10 days, the guy in the shop said oh its all right its 20 days ????

what ever it is, think the sales of goods act might get an airing tomorrow

Guest robot1000

Managed to get a replacement

Called the number from SayNoTo0870 and after going through the Automated System told the guy the fault and a replacement has been arranged for Tuesday. I've been told it's a swap service with the courier

Guest steve1221
Managed to get a replacement

Called the number from SayNoTo0870 and after going through the Automated System told the guy the fault and a replacement has been arranged for Tuesday. I've been told it's a swap service with the courier

Did they say to keep the sim, phone back and battery ? Or are they changing the whole thing ?

Guest bignred84
when i replaced mine they gave a brand new handset without a sim card inside (nor was there a sim card sticker on the box) so i kept my sim card.

out of interest what was wrong with it.

Guest robot1000
Did they say to keep the sim, phone back and battery ? Or are they changing the whole thing ?

They said keep the simcard but failed to mention what to do with the rest. I presume they would want me to send the other contents back, as the new one will come boxed with everything.

im sending mine back due to dust under the screen, was told on tuesday that a jiffy bag is on the way still not arrived, i dealt with channel returns through email as theyre always closed whenever i was free so i'll be emailing them again.

Guest steve1221
They said keep the simcard but failed to mention what to do with the rest. I presume they would want me to send the other contents back, as the new one will come boxed with everything.

I'd check. They usually just send out a phone, no battery, no back cover. But things might have changed !

Guest bignred84
I'd check. They usually just send out a phone, no battery, no back cover. But things might have changed !

I phoned up this morning & was told to keep hold of the sim card and send the rest back

I'm getting a replacement phone tomorrow

Guest chicarito
out of interest what was wrong with it.

The fault was that the on/off switch required about 6 or 7 presses to work. The one they returned doesn't have that problem.

Guest Winston69
I phoned up this morning & was told to keep hold of the sim card and send the rest back

I'm getting a replacement phone tomorrow

Did you get a new replacement as i'm having to have one delivered on Monday as my power button has packed in

They told me to keep the battery, sim, sd card and back of the phone also which I felt is very strange

Guest bignred84
Did you get a new replacement as i'm having to have one delivered on Monday as my power button has packed in

They told me to keep the battery, sim, sd card and back of the phone also which I felt is very strange

I got a new phone, at least I hope it was a new phone

the guy asked and checked for everything back

only thing I kept was the sim card