19 Nov r14: VISIONary + one click root

Guest PaulOBrien

• 2 weeks later...
Guest HkDng

Am running version R14 on Desire HD with ginger 2.3.3 official, many many times ... my Desire HD stopped ....

Anyone have done with Desire HD ginger official rom?

Edited by HkDng

Guest Qiuness
Am running version R14 on Desire HD with ginger 2.3.3 official, many many times ... my Desire HD stopped ....

Anyone have done with Desire HD ginger official rom?

also tried this on 2.2.1 with no success.. just black screen.

Guest Daz555

Those with newer builds looking to root are going to have to downgrade by the looks of things. Solutions can be found over at XDA.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Droid E

Hello Paul and fellow members.

My first post. A big thanks to Paul for this incredible App. I am thrilled and looking forward to use it. But the problem is, I am a novice when it comes to smart phones and Android. I am using a Desire Z. I downloaded the r14 and copied it in the SD after mounting it. But I could not find it in my app list to start the installation process. I am sure I am doing something/everything wrong. Any help from Paul and other members would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Droid E

Guest andy_ir

Hello Paul & other member,

I am new in this forum, is Visionary work on HTC Salsa??

If can I want to tray because my HTC Salsa need to root.

thanks a lot

Edited by andy_ir

Guest Droid E

Hello Paul,

I see you are inactive for sometime now. So going to highlight my problem so you don't miss it in case you visit the thread again.

I have installed r14.

I have enabled the debugging.

I have even uninstalled the advanced task killer.

Selected temp root and saw a message saying 'attempting root' or something similar to that. Then the screen went black. It stays on forever and I had to press the home button to go out of it. Tried re-booting and repeating the same process like a million times and the same happened. (I was not sure about whats happening. So I was confused if the phone was rooted or not. So downloaded the root checker and it confirmed the phone is not rooted). I know that few other people have reported the same problem. Hope you can guide me and others through this.

(Read a few posts saying the r7 might work. If true, can I get a link to that download)

Thanks,

DROID E

Edited by Droid E

• 1 month later...

Same situation here with my HD, attempted to temproot a stock HD running 2.3.3 Android, going to apps and attempting to open Visionary achieves nothing, anyone help here ?

• 3 weeks later...

So I was confused if the phone was rooted or not. So downloaded the root checker and it confirmed the phone is not rooted). I know that few other people have reported the same problem. Hope you can guide me and others through this.

I suspect you have a newer software build which means Visionary will NOT work. Get over to XDA and check out the guides on how to downgrade your phone to an earlier build. Once downgraded you can root and get s-off & eng-off sorted as standard.

• 2 years later...
Guest vncnt550312

<p>

Changelog

r14

• Minor fixes, wider release version
  • Information post updated
r13 [limited test version]
  • Test release is now the default
r12 [test version]
  • Temproot is now the default
  • Added option to try to Permroot (test on Desire HD, Desire Z and G2)
  • After permroot, required kernel module is placed in /data/local for your convenience
  • Added option to unroot
  • Note: this does NOT rewrite your hboot - you will need to do this manually to get S-OFF.
r11
  • Added option to mount system r/w on boot (subject to the usual NAND / eMMC lock limitations)
  • Added option to enable / disable visionary.sh on boot
r10
  • Now permanent rather than temp on non NAND/EMMC locked devices
  • Default launch now loads preference screen, where 'run on boot' can be configured
  • Other minor fixes
r9
  • Much faster - thanks lilHermit for your help with the native code
r8
  • More optimisations - please re-read inital post for an update.
r7
  • Far more reliable root sequence
r6
  • Optimisations
r5 - MAJOR UPDATE!
  • Process is now faster and ultra reliable!
  • Run on boot can now be toggled from the main screen
  • Application will no longer let you root if you're already rooted
r4
  • Changes for Market compability (regular download not updated).
r3
  • Application now warns if USB debugging is not enabled
r2
  • Added run-on-boot version
  • Now using tmpfs for reliability (thanks disconn3ct)
  • Superuser.apk now lives on /data/app so settings persist (thanks disconn3ct)
r1
  • Initial Release

• 2 weeks later...