• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

ZTE Blade/San Francisco Unofficial Froyo Build

539 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

@ ashenfall-Check if you are signed into gtalk, i think its been mentiond that this has something to do with market.
Thanks, though GTalk just displays 'Signing in...' with the spinning circle icon, and won't do anything else. Oh well :P

EDIT: I also get an 'Authentication Error' for it, though GMail works fine with the same account.

Edited by Ashenfall

Posted · Report post

Thanks, though GTalk just displays 'Signing in...' with the spinning circle icon, and won't do anything else. Oh well :P

EDIT: I also get an 'Authentication Error' for it, though GMail works fine with the same account.

Out of interest what network are you on?

Posted · Report post

'Download unsuccessful' when I try to install things via the Market - shame :P

Wonder what the common pattern is - for example, my Google account is a @gmail.com, from before they switched to googlemail.com in the UK (now other people can switch to gmail.com though).

EDIT: also noticed it's missing 'Clock', which I've been using for alarms).

(and many thanks for your work on this, as well as other devs who have looked into getting it working).

market works here,been using it all day!only thing i did was sync contacts on set up before i used market.im on gmail.

Posted · Report post

Out of interest what network are you on?
Giffgaff (via O2)

Posted · Report post

Giffgaff (via O2)

i get the same on o2 and orange

Posted · Report post

steve for some reasom root explorer does not want to play ball with this rom and force closes better terminal works fine with root permishins.

Posted · Report post

HI great work on 2.2,

I have a question:

Does move to SD work?

Do we have a working A2SD solution?

thanks

Posted · Report post

HI great work on 2.2,

I have a question:

Does move to SD work?

Do we have a working A2SD solution?

thanks

Sorry to be a little off-topic but was there any response at work regarding the release of the code? Or chasing up of the .32 source also? These things would help this build far more than anything else.

Posted · Report post

Sorry to be a little off-topic but was there any response at work regarding the release of the code? Or chasing up of the .32 source also? These things would help this build far more than anything else.

No Official response, I plan to re-chase, the page change to "we know the source is wrong" is promising

Posted · Report post

Great work! Thanks a lot :P

Posted · Report post

apps2d is part of froyo itself, market is proving annoying to sort out - still suspect due to this rom base, going to see if i can build my own source next week mostlikely

Posted · Report post

Awesome, just rewiped and reflashed the ROM and everything seems to be working, including the Market.

Was just wondering though, when trying to change the LCD Density using the afore mentioned App, it says it cant continue do to my device not being rooted.

I think I have read earlier on in the post that there is something wrong with Root on this ROM, which is fair enough, its Alpha.

Just wondering, would anyone be able to guide me with regards to getting a functioning Root on this ROM as I intend to use this ROM fulltime.

Thanks. :P

I install the sebastian superuser add on thorugh clockworkmod and ran the LCD density. It worked well.I had same problem before this. Hope it will sort out your problem.

Posted · Report post

post-701727-1287846899_thumb.jpgpost-701727-1287846908_thumb.jpg

Still no problems with Market or GApps. WiFi disconnect still exists sadly and I have the same root problems as everyone else. No Clock/Alarm or Calculator, but you can grab replacements off the Market.

Posted · Report post

I install the sebastian superuser add on thorugh clockworkmod and ran the LCD density. It worked well.I had same problem before this. Hope it will sort out your problem.

the superuser add on seems to have gone :P

Posted · Report post

YEEEEEEES I AM CHUFFED!!!!!

got gmail working now and the market, i can download - jobs a good un

heres how i did it, not very scientific, flashed stock rom, did a back up,

then reboot your device into recovery (power on with down volume held in)

select partitions menu

wipe data

wipe cache

wipe system

flash the update.zip

reboot

wait a little bit for dexopt etc

and redownloaded the stes rom, flashed and voila, it works... magic lol

Posted · Report post

....redownloaded the stes rom, flashed and voila, it works... magic lol

What's the 'stes' rom?

Posted · Report post

think he just means mine lol

Posted · Report post

don't know if anyone noticed this thing but ( mind me as this is my first android phone), when you turn your phone upside down it goes into silent mode :P ...... whether its ringing or idle it will just go silent

Posted · Report post

apps2d is part of froyo itself, market is proving annoying to sort out - still suspect due to this rom base, going to see if i can build my own source next week mostlikely

quick system info shows 'Information not available' at a2sd bar......i had it working on paul's r4 ,

Posted · Report post

htc wildfire style - NICE, yea theirs an option in sound settings for it

Posted · Report post

quick system info shows 'Information not available' at a2sd bar......i had it working on paul's r4 ,

because its native apps2d go look in apps>manage and tap a non system app

Posted · Report post

because its native apps2d go look in apps>manage and tap a non system app

Posted · Report post

its not letting me move fring to sd......

It does not let you move all apps to sd, i think they have to be written to support it on froyo.

I have these moved to sd

Angry birds

Dropbox

Rom manager

Snesoid

Titanium backup

Edited by tiggerlator

Are the Neocore scores not a bit low for 2.2? Well not low, just not much higher?

I score between 37-40fps with sound on on Sebs r4 build of 2.1.

Maybe i'm just reading into it wrong. Does Neocore only test GPU power, so the score wouldn't change much anyway?

Edited by Nymins