Questions about S-OFF

Guest The Virus 2013

Guest The Virus 2013

Hello everybody !

I just have a few questions about the S-OFF mod :

1) I'm still in Hboot 0.80, will the S-OFF upgrade me to 0.93 ?

2) Is it causes trouble with the use of ClockWorkMod ? I've read that some people cannot access ClockWorkMod after applying S-OFF. Is it always the case ?

Thank you very much :P

Hello everybody !

2) Is it causes trouble with the use of ClockWorkMod ? I've read that some people cannot access ClockWorkMod after applying S-OFF. Is it always the case ?

was on 0.75 now i have 0.93.0001

clockworkmod: had one time to flash a clockworkmod image in fastboot mode (think this is mandatory), since then i flashed a few different roms, kernels and the alphrev sense mtd partition modification of data/system/cache size etc ... no problem here

1. yes it will be upgraded

2. any recovery can be installed quite easy from the fastboot menu, even if its not accessible at once, see instructions http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=794314

Hello everybody !

Guest spammyspam

I think the point is that fake flash no longer works (perhaps since the HBOOT has been upgraded). The solution is to flash a recovery properly (which as said above you can now do easily with the new AlphaRev HBOOT).

I think the point is that fake flash no longer works (perhaps since the HBOOT has been upgraded). The solution is to flash a recovery properly (which as said above you can now do easily with the new AlphaRev HBOOT).

Fake flash works just fine with AlphaRev. Just tried with AlphaRev 1.5 and an old version of clockworkmod, just to be sure it didn't use my new permanent recovery.