Windows Phone 7 Removable Storage?

Guest drcarlos

Guest drcarlos

Been reading over the past few days that the ability to use removable storage has been removed from Windows phone 7, is this true or have the two manufacturers (HTC and Samsung) whose devices I have read reviews on chosen not to implement it? This for me is a big deal breaker, I have had Windows phones almost exclusively since my SPV-C550 and being able to choose my own storage capacity and change my mind at a later date (just buy a bigger card when they become cheaper) is really useful. Cloud storage is verging on retarded as a lot of the time you want to watch or listen to something when you have no coverage (like on the tube).

If this is staying it looks like I will have to defect to Android when contract renewal come or just not bother with a new contract and get a month to month cheap deal.

Anyone know if it's staying or going?

Carl.

Guest awarner

The storage is not removeable as it is part of the whole file system there is now just one storage area, removing the card or a larger unit may cause a hard reset.

Personally I've never understood why people want so much space when syncing the device is a simple process, Zune works really well.

The only issue I have is you can not directly sync with Outlook unless you use Exchange.

Guest drcarlos

I guess I have been used to using as removable storage and just drag and drop of files. I prefer to organise myself rather than let the PC do it for me.

I am using my current Omnia2 as a music player for about 10 hours a week and have been through the 16GB of music I have on board in a matter of weeks. So it maybe time to let WMP sync it for me and vary my selections.

Also having a 16gb micro SD already in my possesion it would have been nice to use it on a new device and bump up the capacity.

Carl.