28/Oct r4b gforums Custom Rom FroYo for ZTE blade (Alpha!)

Guest gforums

Guest nicksoph
Thanks man cleared cache and it worked now to enjoy the goodies of this rom, did it using my dads sim with wifi off put my sim ins still works oh and the people who have done the utube fixes uninstall the app download again and reboot through clockwork or just turn phone on and off?

Straight reboot worked for me no need for clockwork.

Did you clear the caches and re-flash or just clear the cache's?

Guest nicksoph
When i turn wifi off and turn it on again i get the no wifi connected icon and i have to go and munally connect through settings whereas in the other rom it was not like this but after the manual turning on it works fine

I dont get the same here - after I turn it on I get the warning for 10 secs and then it connects and the warning disappears.

Guest shakerist
I dont get the same here - after I turn it on I get the warning for 10 secs and then it connects and the warning disappears.

no i did not reflash just cleared both the caches it and the wifi is just scanning not connecting to anything and under the ssid of my router it says disabled but when i click on it and press connect its fine.

Edited by shakerist

Guest nicksoph
no i did not reflash just cleared both the caches it and the wifi is just scanning not connecting to anything and under the ssid of my router it says disabled but when i click on it and press connect its fine.

Sorry cant help here - Ive seen some posts discussing security methods on wifi having an effect but didnt take too much notice and there may be some other settings that have an effect (3G on and unsecured networks) but I really am guessing now.

Edited by nicksoph

Guest thepeganator

Been using this since last night, seems to be working well!

Lost all my texts and apps, a little annoying as I hadn't had this happen every other time I updated to another rom.

Flash does not seem to work for me at all, not installed by default and can't get it from the market place, and will not install directly from my SD card.

Might be completely on the wrong track assuming it should work, but that was the main reason for Froyo for me! :)

Wifi looses connection when phone locks as other have said.

Marketplace sometimes fails downloading, also apps seem to be in weird orders and not related by my search, but that may be a new "feature" or something.

The going onto silent thing is annoying too!

But good work so far, didn't get to try Angry Birds on 2.1, but seems good on 2.2! Nice and snappy.

Edited by thepeganator

Guest shakerist

cant unistall youtube or titanium backup in applications the unistall button is not click able it darker and its not on uninstall software how do i unistall it?

Guest Andy Maclean
Been using this since last night, seems to be working well!

Lost all my texts and apps, a little annoying as I hadn't had this happen every other time I updated to another rom.

Flash does not seem to work for me at all, not installed by default and can't get it from the market place, and will not install directly from my SD card.

Might be completely on the wrong track assuming it should work, but that was the main reason for Froyo for me! :)

Wifi looses connection when phone locks as other have said.

Marketplace sometimes fails downloading, also apps seem to be in weird orders and not related by my search, but that may be a new "feature" or something.

The going onto silent thing is annoying too!

But good work so far, didn't get to try Angry Birds on 2.1, but seems good on 2.2! Nice and snappy.

Unfortunately the San Francisco doesn't meet the system requirements for Flash. It requires an ARMv7 based CPU and the San Francisco has a Qualcomm MSM7227 which is ARMv6 based.

If by 'going onto silent thing' you mean the phone goes into silent when you turn it over, this can be turned off in Settings -> Sound -> Turn to mute.

Cheers,

Andy

Guest squidlr

Great release, nice to have a good release of 2.2 so quickly!

I have a problem with rooting my phone and maintaining root access.

I have used the 'adb shell chmod 04755 /system/bin/su' method to restore root permissions.

The phone loses root access on each reboot.

After I chmod, root access returns.

I guess I don't reboot much so it's not such a big deal, but a permanent root of the phone on 2.2 would be nice.

Anyone else have this problem?

Guest shakerist
Only problems so far is that the touchscreen has stopped working, had to remove battery and wifi is not connecting as it should.

Maybe defective phone ?

Has anyone done anything to fix air control.

Help me with uninstalling youtube and titanium

Guest shakerist
Great release, nice to have a good release of 2.2 so quickly!

I have a problem with rooting my phone and maintaining root access.

I have used the 'adb shell chmod 04755 /system/bin/su' method to restore root permissions.

The phone loses root access on each reboot.

After I chmod, root access returns.

I guess I don't reboot much so it's not such a big deal, but a permanent root of the phone on 2.2 would be nice.

Anyone else have this problem?

use universal androot

Guest Azurren
How well do live wallpapers work with this ROM? I found with 2.1 they made the menu a little jerky. Are they smoother with Froyo?

All stock Live wallpapers (Yes, including the water one) run smoothly without any noticeable lag

First phone I've ever had that could do this! *Sob*

Guest squidlr
use universal androot

I have tried that, but it also seemed really unstable, the program said that the phone was rooted, and other times losing root access again.

Guest sikhcentral
I would just check you have deleted all the data and cache and try again - it seems that the Google related services do not work if you log in first using wifi.

I tried to sign in again this afternoon and it just went straight into the main screen without saying it is trying to sign in. So all is well got into market and downloaded winamp!!

Now I just need to work out this youtube fix

Guest squidlr
What's wrong with root?

1st boot: Root doesn't word -Reboot-

2nd, 3rd, 4th: Root works fine.

I haven't touched it and it works perfectly for me :)

Actually, I think it's a problem with the Root Explorer I installed, it breaks every reboot and needs the chmod reapplied.

I wrongly assumed the other root dependent apps were not working. Looks like chmod root method worked okay after all.

Maybe defective phone ?

Has anyone done anything to fix air control.

Help me with uninstalling youtube and titanium

No, never had that problem before and after reboot it worked just fine again.

Guest sikhcentral

I downloaded universal androot and when i clicked on go root it said the phone is already rooted. Is this the case??

I also downloaded ES file explorer,after I installed in went into settings to get root explorer and selected the second option which i forgot how to spell. The app just froze so i turned off the restarted the phone. On starting ES again it asked for SU permission which i granted but then ES force closes all the tome now? Could it be that i need to root in universal androot and ignore the your phone has already been rooted message?

Also when i delete the you tube app am i just literally deleting the apk?

Guest shakerist
I downloaded universal androot and when i clicked on go root it said the phone is already rooted. Is this the case??

I also downloaded ES file explorer,after I installed in went into settings to get root explorer and selected the second option which i forgot how to spell. The app just froze so i turned off the restarted the phone. On starting ES again it asked for SU permission which i granted but then ES force closes all the tome now? Could it be that i need to root in universal androot and ignore the your phone has already been rooted message?

Also when i delete the you tube app am i just literally deleting the apk?

You should just root again I think you unrooted it and you cant grant permissions because its not rooted. I am not sure this is the reason i am guessing using common sense but that may not be the case, try reflashing the update.zip, and once you got it runing again root again even if it says its rooted and then , I use file manager or the filer that comes with the ROM

Guest Azurren
Would this be usable enough for a relative newbie like myself?

Yes!

Honestly the San Frans Alpha is more stable than the Pulses Final, retail rom :)

The youtube fix is on this thread and a reboot fixes the initial root problem. Custom notifications won't play, GPS is hit and miss and some of your MP3 won't play

Other than that it's almost perfect <3

Sorted, except the fancy widget not working, no weather info! :)

Fancy Widget when first activated defaults to trying to find your locaiton automatically. Go into its config menu and set your location manually, it should work fine after that.