[2.1 Open Europe] Sync with Exchange calendar problem

Guest Corran

Hiya, upgraded to the open European 2.1 the other day; now my syncing of Calendar data from Exchange is totally whacked.

I can manually go to Settings - Accounts & sync settings - <my exchange account> - remove the tick, and then add the tick again - and this leaves the Calendar all filled with my precious meetings and stuff.

A-okay.

The problem is, that within whatever resync time I've set, all meetings EXCEPT the very next one will be deleted from the phone. *poff* Gone. Have to manually go and remove and then add the tick again.

W-t-f? In 1.6 the Calendar worked just fine. Same account, same login/password, same server, same firewall. Only difference is 1.6->2.1 on the phone. I use the same do-not-use-3G-only-WiFi-for-syncing-approach in 2.1 as I did in 1.6. Also it doesn't seem to differ if I have an active WiFi-connection or not. It'll just delete the data period. Except the next appointment. (Thank god for small favors, eh?)

Anyone else have this? This is _really_ a showstopper for me. Any tips on how the bleeping bleep I can get the meetings to stick in the Calendar?

[Edit: Tried removing the account from the phone and adding it again. Tried installing other Calendarwidgets/apps and killing the "default" one to no avail. This is driving me nuts. (Nuttier, my co-workers would probably claim.)]

[Edit 2: Been having a "conversation" (felt rather like a one way monologue really) with the Swedish LG support, their remedy of a factory reset was wholly useless. They've promised to return to me on the subject but they haven't for two straight days. Darn, can't believe I wish I still was on 1.6. The phone is utterly useless to me now. Thank god it was cheap. Back to my trusted e90 Communicator for now.]

Edited by Corran

• 3 weeks later...

Hm. I still have this problem, and still no word from the [swedish] LG-support. They said they'd call me back but that was three weeks ago. Not too impressed B)

Anyho, has anybody (using another ROM perhaps?) succesfully synced and _kept_ the calendar in their phones? I can't wait for LG to get back to me, I'm wondering if I should try some other ROM, so any tips on a ROM that seems to work for someone else is very welcome. I'll happily try any ROM, if I brick the phone I'll just get another (Blade) instead :)