Bug sent Messages to Everyone Automatically!?!

Guest Spinstorm

Guest Spinstorm

I was on the phone to O2 earlier on my 3 unlocked DHD and fed up of the constant menu options I hit hash and star and zero a few random times hoping to get put through

to a real person.

Instead what happened was the amount of credit kept popping up on the screen (I had an O2 payg SIM in the phone). This was causing me great annoyance so I hung up and put the phone to sleep.

45 minutes later a mate called me and asked me why I had text him EVERY message we ever sent each other!??!

Something caused the phone to text every person I had a text message history with our entire message history as separate texts.

I had to reboot my phone BUT the credit kept popping up and fearing it was about to do the same thing I reset it and did a factory restore.

I am at a loss... what happened? :)

Guest Spinstorm
Did you restore SMS from backup?

P

I used the HTC data transfer wizard to move my text message history from my blackberry 9700 to the Desire HD.

After I wiped the phone with the reset I didn't dare put any messages back as I didn't want to risk the same issue again!

Any ideas what caused it?

I also Downloaded and was running launcher pro at the time of the problem.

I used the HTC data transfer wizard to move my text message history from my blackberry 9700 to the Desire HD.

After I wiped the phone with the reset I didn't dare put any messages back as I didn't want to risk the same issue again!

Any ideas what caused it?

I also Downloaded and was running launcher pro at the time of the problem.

Was this issue only about messages you sent to your friends in the past? Or full threads of messages?

For me it looks like the transfer wizzard has put your messages into outbox again without the information that they were sucessfully sent already.

You can check this by doing the import again WITHOUT a SIM card. Using a SMS app (stock or Handcent) check for unsent messages.

If they are there report the bug to HTC with full description and try to get refund for lost prepaid balance in form of beers for your annoyed friends... :)