[tuto] change boot logo

Guest belgotux

Guest belgotux

Hello,

I see a lot of thing on change boot logo on the ZTE blade, I've took some notes to change it for me, and I'll share you them :rolleyes:

A topic about this already exists, but answers are confused for noob (not pejorative :huh: ) : http://android.modaco.com/content-page/319...my-own/page/60/

I've done this tuto for Linux, but the commands are not very différent with Windows's adb (Matty-p gives a solution for Windows here)

Requirements :

- Root's right on the smartphone (04-oct-r3-superboot-root-mcri)

- Installing and configuring the SDK to use adb

- Basic knowledge of linux's shell

- A linux distribution

Conditions of this tuto :

- I use Paul's r4 with some modifications (12-oct-r4-modaco-custom-rom-mcr-downloads-online-kitchen (no MoDaCo Addons))

- I do this on Ubuntu 10.04

Tuto :

1) Copy and check the apk file that containing the images (this is done from the tools directory of the SDK)

$ ./adb pull /system/framework/framework-res.apk /chemin_du_fichier_sur_le_pc

$ md5sum /chemin_du_fichier_sur_le_pc/framework-res.apk

$ ./adb shell (connexion au shell d'android)

$ su

# md5sum /system/framework/framework-res.apk
The md5 numbers generated must match 2) Make a copy of framework-res.apk on your PC before editing (re-framework-edit.apk for example) Apk file opens as a zip file, open it with your archive manager. The images to replace are in "assets/images". The images need to replace are named 01 to 24 (for example Paul's r4 : OUK_480x800_01.png). 3) Change the mount system to "writable" In the android's shell as root :
# mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
Check out two times the number of the example above! To do this, run the following command in the android's shell :
# mount
Check the line with "/system" 4) Copy the modified file "framework-res.apk"
$ ./adb push /chemin_du_fichier_sur_le_pc/framework-res-edit.apk /system/framework/
5) Replace the file and test In the android's shell as root :
# cd /system/framework
Verify that "framework-res-edit.apk" exists using the following command:
# ls framework-res-edit.apk
Replace the old file and reboot
# rm framework-res.apk && mv framework-res-edit.apk framework-res.apk && reboot

Anjoy :-)

It's my first tuto, and I've receive the phone only one week ago, but Linux is Linux ^^

Tell me any constructive comments :huh:

SYS,

Gaetan

Edited by belgotux

Guest oh!dougal

It's my first tuto, and I've receive the phone only one week ago, but Linux is Linux ^^

Tell me any constructive comments :rolleyes:

Gaetan, I suggest you use CODE rather than QUOTE tags for your commands !

Many advantages including using a mono-spaced font that shows spaces more clearly ...

Guest chall32

For additional boot logos / animations, you can also use the UOT Online Kitchen here --> http://circle.glx.nl/

If you choose to also modify your battery indicator (via the "SCB with %, Version [A-I]" option on first page) you can upload your own framework-res.apk and let the kitchen modify your boot animation for you!!

There are 18 boot animations to choose from :rolleyes:

- Chris

Guest belgotux
Gaetan, I suggest you use CODE rather than QUOTE tags for your commands !

Many advantages including using a mono-spaced font that shows spaces more clearly ...

I didn't know this, and the "insert special item" lets choise only CODEBOX

For additional boot logos / animations, you can also use the UOT Online Kitchen here --> http://circle.glx.nl/

If you choose to also modify your battery indicator (via the "SCB with %, Version [A-I]" option on first page) you can upload your own framework-res.apk and let the kitchen modify your boot animation for you!!

There are 18 boot animations to choose from :rolleyes:

- Chris

Some people prefer do this themselfs ^^ :huh:

Guest oh!dougal
I didn't know this, and the "insert special item" lets choise only CODEBOX

On the post entry/edit screen, just above the text entry field that I'm currently typing in, there are some buttons. The one at the right end of the line will wrap your selected text in CODE tags. Its just code to start and /code to end (both in square brackets) , but if I type them properly

this happens!

Edited by oh!dougal

i dont necessarily think this is noob friendly, ive been using adb this week and im familiar with linux but i'd like it if you explained what we're doing a bit more.

For example, if i want to put idroids ZTE splash screen on my phone how do i do it with adb?

Guest belgotux
i dont necessarily think this is noob friendly, ive been using adb this week and im familiar with linux but i'd like it if you explained what we're doing a bit more.

For example, if i want to put idroids ZTE splash screen on my phone how do i do it with adb?

This tuto tells you, step by step, the differents actions with adb... If you're familiar with linux, it shouldn't pose any problems for you

See this part to include your images on the framework-res.apk

2) Make a copy of framework-res.apk on your PC before editing (re-framework-edit.apk for example)

Apk file opens as a zip file, open it with your archive manager. The images to replace are in "assets/images". The images need to replace are named 01 to 24 (for example Paul's r4 : OUK_480x800_01.png).

Gaetan

Error trying to delete current images in my framework-res.apk and replace them with idroids

7-Zip 9.04 beta Copyright © 1999-2009 Igor Pavlov 2009-05-30

p7zip Version 9.04 (locale=en_GB.UTF-8,Utf16=on,HugeFiles=on,2 CPUs)

Error: /Blade/framework-res.apk is not supported archive

System error:

Operation not permitted

EDIT: Nevermind just did it followed your guide, youre a star mate!

Edited by tom619

Guest belgotux
EDIT: Nevermind just did it followed your guide, youre a star mate!

I don't understand you.

For your problem, have you pull the file into your computer ? What OS do you use ?

I don't use 7-zip for archives. For Linux, the default graphic archive program is enough. For Windows, I've tried with Winrar 3.71 on XP and It works fine.

Normally, open the framework-res.apk, navigate to "assets/images" and delete the 24 images, then drag'n'drop the idroids's images