[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest mattlcfc
OK, this is weird. Some are claiming a crash while some others are claiming they are flying faster than a goldfish with a jetpack! Its a bit difficult to follow. Try adding what version your using, and exactly what you do for the error to occur.

Anyways, i'm guessing this isn't for the daily user yet. But i really love the benchmark results! Great Job dude!

im running it day to day and wouldnt go back m8

as near as official that we might get

OK, this is weird. Some are claiming a crash while some others are claiming they are flying faster than a goldfish with a jetpack! Its a bit difficult to follow. Try adding what version your using, and exactly what you do for the error to occur.

Anyways, i'm guessing this isn't for the daily user yet. But i really love the benchmark results! Great Job dude!

defo is daily user, ive not had a single problem and been running it since R2

OK I'm a complete android nood - only got this yesterday after 18 months of hell using a Tocco Ultra.

Anyway I have successfully unlocked it - been using it all day today.

I have followed the instructions from http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...and-other-roms/ all seemed pretty straight forward to me.

Its now just looping a ZTE logo animation and doing nothing else - is it FUBAR?

Cheers

OK I'm a complete android nood - only got this yesterday after 18 months of hell using a Tocco Ultra.

I have followed the instructions from http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...and-other-roms/ all seemed pretty straight forward to me.

Cheers

PS I used flibblesan's latest image

Edited by Banner

Guest Teh H4rRy

Cheers

PS I used flibblesan's latest image

Did you clear cache and data/factory reset in clockwork mod before hand? Do that

Did you clear cache and data/factory reset in clockwork mod before hand? Do that

I was just re-reading the instructions and at the beginning of this thread.

I'll try doing that then running the thingy.

That worked a treat thanks.

I got carried away messing with it after, almost forgot to say thanks.

I cant believe how easy that was really.

Do I need to root it now?

Guest uotinam

Screen Not Responding after sleep

Saw a few others with I think with the same problem, after the phone has gone to sleep it appears when you wake it but screen not responding to unlock it. Been running R2A for past 5 days any only this evening has it happend twice (after reading about it?)

Have now uninstalled almost all apps I could find and reboot to see if it happens again.

Running flb-froyo-blade-r2a.zip

Would like to update to R3A , but not sure if its worth setting up the whole phone again at this stage and I dont trust backup / restore apps to only find somthing else could be at fault.

Keep up the good work thou...

~uotinam~

Guest Jason Patrick
Hello,

- There is no EXT2 based Apps2SD. There is, however, the Froyo Apps2FAT which is used by most newer applications. If the app has not moved to SD automatically then you can try and move using Settings > Applications > SD card

Current version

With Android dialer

Download full: flb-froyo-blade-r3a.zip (99.5 MB)

Download lite: flb-froyo-blade-r3a-lite.zip (80.9 MB)

With ZTE SmartDialer

Download full: flb-froyo-blade-r3a-zte.zip (99.7 MB)

Download lite: flb-froyo-blade-r3a-zte-lite.zip (81.4 MB)

Older version

Download: flb-froyo-blade-r2a.zip (93.2 MB)

Do the r3a roms call /system/bin/sysinit (if present) from the init.rc, to enable us to add custom init.d scripts?

If not can this be added in the next release. This will enable testing of other a2sd scripts (DT's for example or in my case a custom one). Also, does the kernel have swap enabled (I assume not at least until the ZTE kernel sources are made available)?

MTIAb

Guest mitrepooc
It is in the sticky topics!

Hmm i've tried them, only acess is via adb, i need something that will work to give access using windows explorer.

Flibbles xp drivers only seem to work for 2.1.

Anyone is there a usb driver that works in windows xp for FROYO 2.2 please

Ta

Guest TheTwiddler
Hmm i've tried them, only acess is via adb, i need something that will work to give access using windows explorer.

Flibbles xp drivers only seem to work for 2.1.

Anyone is there a usb driver that works in windows xp for FROYO 2.2 please

Ta

I've just converted from a variant of Pauls Modaco R4 ROM to the FLB R3 ROM and faced the same issue, namely non working Windows XP Drivers for Froyo 2.2.

I can categorically state that the drivers from this sticky post Official ZTE USB Drivers work.

The referenced post points here Official ZTE USB Drivers

It's in 7Zip format (NOT Winzip), which you can download for free here 7Zip Download

Use 7Zip to unpack the USB Drivers to a folder of your choice and double click the ZTE_Android_USB_Driver_1.2066.1.3.exe to install the drivers.

DON'T do this with the phone connected to your PC.

Edited by TheTwiddler

Guest dragon2611

Can someone running R3 tell me if they can change the wallpaper with the stock launcher?

I can do it on launcher pro but the one for the stock launcher isn't actually changing which means the lock screen doesn't change either.

Tried switching back to the standard launcher and then changing the wallpaper it doesn't change, it says it's setting the wallpaper but it doesn't actually do it.

Trying to figure out if it's a bug or if I restored something I shouldn't have from titanium backup and ended up breaking something

Edited by dragon2611

Guest nicksoph
Can someone running R3 tell me if they can change the wallpaper with the stock launcher?

I can do it on launcher pro but the one for the stock launcher isn't actually changing which means the lock screen doesn't change either.

Tried switching back to the standard launcher and then changing the wallpaper it doesn't change, it says it's setting the wallpaper but it doesn't actually do it.

Trying to figure out if it's a bug or if I restored something I shouldn't have from titanium backup and ended up breaking something

yes - using normal touch and hold home screen method

Guest bagatov
i have had no lock ups on this rom

i have tried them all and this is stable as so far

i reset the battery stats on a full charge and battery is a lot better

top notch work :P :D

Is this still the case, getting no lock ups? I have the R2 version and I seem to be getting lockups more and more frequently. At first when I flashed it everything worked fine for a couple of days, then now the lockups and freezing of touchscreen occurs more often.

I am thinking of upgrading to R3 but if lock-ups still occur I might as well downgrade to a stable 2.1-rom. Anyone using the lastest version and still getting these lockups?

Also, does anyone know if a complete wipe is necessary going from R2 to R3?

Thanks

Guest Paul Stemmer

Problems with R3a:

Titanium Backup fails to start (on a rooted phone), freeze with (...needs root). Privacy -> factory reset tip helps on on the first start.

What to do?

Guest Aranathos

I had no lockups on any of the 2.1 ROMs, however moving to this R3 caused the screen to randomly turn off even though it was still actually live (responded to touch etc). I also noticed the phone would never lock.

Reverted by the R2 for now.

Guest socialworker
Screen Not Responding after sleep

Saw a few others with I think with the same problem, after the phone has gone to sleep it appears when you wake it but screen not responding to unlock it. Been running R2A for past 5 days any only this evening has it happend twice (after reading about it?)

Is this still the case, getting no lock ups?

After testing nearly all available ROMs (2.1 and 2.2) extensively and following this forum since some weeks, I'm pretty sure that every Froyo-ROM based on the chinese dev-ROM suffers the random lockups after waking up from sleep.

That's the only reason why I'm back to 2.1 for daily use (VillainROM btw., fastest and least cluttered with useless apps).

Guest nicksoph
Problems with R3a:

Titanium Backup fails to start (on a rooted phone), freeze with (...needs root). Privacy -> factory reset tip helps on on the first start.

What to do?

Ive had problems with Root

for rooting search for Chmod and follow those instructions that relate to blade

and make sure you install busybox (click - Problems? on TB)

Guest ale_syrj

I also have the random freeze problem. The camera doesn't work, either. It just says "cannot connect to camera." Had to switch to Eclair until Froyo is stable, which is a shame.

Guest bagatov
I get a lockup once every 2 or 3 days and that has been pretty much regular with every rom Ive used

Did you get lockups even with the 2.1 roms or just 2.2? I never got a lockup until I installed this froyo build, and not in the beginning either, it started after a couple of days. Weird really, charged my phone over night and this morning there was no lockup, then went to work, didn't touch the phone for like 30 mins and had a lockup - yesterday it happened like 3-4 times and the day before maybe once - so very random and very hard to pinpoint the cause.

EDIT.

Just realized that maybe I didn't have lockups before I turned off the option of Turn to Mute - not sure if they are related... of course with Turn to Mute on perhaps the screen doing weird things like muting and unmuting all the time depending on how the phone was placed, it might have prevented the lockups? No idea, just pure speculation. Hopefully it is a bug that can be fixed in an upcoming build.

EDIT 2

Scratch that, turning on Turn to Mute didn't solve anything, still get lockups randomly. This is getting annoying, guess it's back to 2.1 since people say that all 2.2 versions seem to have this problem. Too bad, everything else worked perfectly.

Edited by bagatov

Guest leemann

Using this awesome ROM and very happy, but I went to r3 yesterday and since then have not been able to connect to my BT router at home using wifi. Very odd as I can connect just fine to wifi at work still.

Any ideas I could try ? Could this be a channel issue ? I tried rebooting a few times and also told the phone to forget the network. It then saw it again and I entered the wpa password and could not connect. It looks like it's trying for a while, but then says that network is not in range despite the fact I'm 2 metres away from it.

Thanks!

Guest bagatov
I have r3 since it was released and i got no screen freezes, camera or gps problems.

Its all working fine, i even get a slightly better battery with Froyo. :P

Sounds good, but did you have screen freezes in r2 or were you one of the lucky ones?