[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

thanks for the answer, so the only "problem" you have come across may be the battery life ? Nothing else ?

Only other bugs are things I think will also happen in 2.1 like some random app crashes but nothing that would have any real impact. Now the official 2.2 kernel is out it's really very stable.

Guest lljkpugna

Just had a strange problem where the phone froze during sending a text, and the vibration got stuck on full blast. Anyone experienced anything similar? TFT San Fran, installed this ROM from fresh.

Guest dadashi
Just had a strange problem where the phone froze during sending a text, and the vibration got stuck on full blast. Anyone experienced anything similar? TFT San Fran, installed this ROM from fresh.

I did several reboots and new starts before doing anything serious... seems to help...

Guest dadashi
general froyo question, how do I install Adobe flash? I downloaded it but it won't install. Same with firefox, won't install either..

On 2.1 I used FlashLite to view flash in browser, won't install on froyo though....I definitely need flash

OK I remembered adobe flash doesn't support ARM6 CPU in SF...And FlashLite won't work in froyo....

Does that mean only eclair supports flash using flashlite and froyo doesn't play any flash at all...?

Edited by dadashi

Guest Makinit
how i can install the gingerbread Theme?

Put the zip file on your sd card and reboot into recovery. Then go to install zip from sd and choose the file.

Guest strumluff
The WiFi reconnecting depends on the wifi.supplicant_scan_interval setting in the ROM. Previous versions of FLB had this set to 90 which means that WiFi will only search for networks ever 3 minutes. I believe this also affects the automatic reconnection rate after sleep as the phone first needs to scan for networks before reconnecting. The bug with the older kernel was more to do with it not being able to reconnect to a wifi network even when you do it manually.

So in r6 I'll change the value from 90 to 15. Anything less will kill battery and 15 is already low.

Well I've updated to r6 now. I don't know if you implemented the above, as I still have to wait for about a minute after sleep and still it doesn't automatically reconnect, it just tells me that there are wi-fi networks available and I need to manually select my network to connect again.

Is this just me?

Guest gusthy
general froyo question, how do I install Adobe flash? I downloaded it but it won't install. Same with firefox, won't install either..

On 2.1 I used FlashLite to view flash in browser, won't install on froyo though....I definitely need flash

I would propose that if anybody else asks for installing Adobe Flash on Blade, the person should be banned for a week.

FLASH

IS

NOT

SUPPORTED

BY

THE CPU

OF

BLADE

It is described around 100000000 times here, plus if you try to find it on Market, it will not show you.

Guest pellonet
@Flibblesan Thanks for the great ROM. I have some weird issue with FancyWidgetPro. It cannot retrieve weather forecast details. It is working fine on JJ5. Do you think it can be some DNS problem? Also the signal strength is very bad... Could you please have a look at these when you have time. Thanks in advance.

I had the same problem with Fancy Widget & found that the location setting in settings/location& security had to be enabled then it picks up your location from the wifi/network, the same setting enabled my location in Maps

Guest anneliese
I would propose that if anybody else asks for installing Adobe Flash on Blade, the person should be banned for a week.

FLASH

IS

NOT

SUPPORTED

BY

THE CPU

OF

BLADE

It is described around 100000000 times here, plus if you try to find it on Market, it will not show you.

He is talking about FlashLite which is supported by the CPU just like the HTC Wildfire.

Guest Davey7

Could anyone give me a mirror to the Gingerbread for the r6? Anything that i download from the forum gives me wrong MD5... I have no clue why is that.

It's an awesome ROM btw,thank FLB!!!

i installed r6 this morning, it was first time for me as i was with stock rom.

everything is fine, also battery life. thanks a lot for the work!

a question which isn't releated strictly with this rom: i succesfully synced facebook with my contacts, and now i have quite more portraits. but if i go on my gmail contacts, they don't have the portrait! i tried to change a name on the phone to see if it synced, and it did. so it looks like i can sync names/portraits from gmail to phone, but only names from phone to gmail. is there any way to sync also portraits from phone to gmail contacts?

Thanks a lot flibblesan, this is awesome. I had to do a Wipe, (R3 I was using before), to install R6.

Everything seems so much faster and the installing Apps to SD card gives me so much room.

I have problems with my WiFi not reconnecting after the phone goes to sleep, gonna look into that in more detail.

Once again, thanks for all your hard work

udoh :D

Edited by udoh

Guest Simon O
Well I've updated to r6 now. I don't know if you implemented the above, as I still have to wait for about a minute after sleep and still it doesn't automatically reconnect, it just tells me that there are wi-fi networks available and I need to manually select my network to connect again.

Is this just me?

I'll have to look at it in some more detail.

Guest Flammie

Awesome ROM ! Thanks A LOT for the hard work.

One small thing though : VCard importing in contacts doesn't work for me, which means i'm forced to use google syncing.

When given a Vcard file, the phone iterates through all the contacts inside, gives no error, but in the end no contacts are added.

I'm not really sure if this is a bug or not, it might be a "feature" of froyo ! (Would require more testing, i guess...)

Here is a vcard sample file, if it can help. Just paste this in a notepad and save it as *.vcf.

BEGIN:VCARD

VERSION:2.1

N:ContactName1

FN:ContactFName1

TEL;CELL:+0000000000

END:VCARD

BEGIN:VCARD

VERSION:2.1

N:ContactName2

FN:ContactFName2

TEL;CELL:+0000000000

END:VCARD

Guest krasenk
I had the same problem with Fancy Widget & found that the location setting in settings/location& security had to be enabled then it picks up your location from the wifi/network, the same setting enabled my location in Maps

Thanks a lot for the hint.

Still getting low signal strength and WiFi is disconnecting randomly... also noticed that when I connect to a WiFi network the signal of the mobile network is getting lost. Anyone experiencing the same problems?

Guest dadashi
He is talking about FlashLite which is supported by the CPU just like the HTC Wildfire.

I have FlashLite installed on my Eclair SF and I could open any flash website...Including youtube and could play youtube films direct from my browser....

Unfortunately nobody has found a flash player solution for froyo SF... it's like giving an arm for a leg

Guest southpaw1
Hmmm.. i keep on getting error when i try to istall from sd card? any ideas?

Install what , this rom should be installed with clockword recovery (power on with volume down)

Guest no-ice

installed this earlier, but seems quite slow and unresponsive compared to jellyfish. did a full wipe and a couple restarts, installed titanium but it keeps hanging on a screen saying 'asking for root rights...'

Guest pellonet
Thanks a lot for the hint.

Still getting low signal strength and WiFi is disconnecting randomly... also noticed that when I connect to a WiFi network the signal of the mobile network is getting lost. Anyone experiencing the same problems?

Can't suggest what the low signal problem is but the loss of mobile network is confusing, do you mean a loss of the mobile data connection, this is normal as the data connection is theoretically from the wifi connection so the 'G' or 'H' should be missing, as for the mobile signal, mine is till there OK & incoming calls are OK.

Guest pellonet
Hmmm.. i keep on getting error when i try to istall from sd card? any ideas?

Corrupt download perhaps, my first download failed the MD5 check, re-downloaded & everything was fine.