Stock Blade Freezing on boot

Guest Donkey Oaty

Guest Donkey Oaty

Hi,

I have a stock Zte Blade which I have unlocked from Orange but not changed roms or anything. If I power down the phone, most times it will refuse to boot and will get stuck at the Android sign and will not progress futher. I have to remove the battery and leave it for a while to get it to load.

Then upon loading I will have the high CPU usage problem and have to open camera and settings to sort that.

My question is, is this normal for a stock rom or do I have duff hardware? Secondly, will changing the rom sort this out?

I have jailbroken my iphone but this is my first android phone so have no experience with any of the rom stuff so haven't done anything yet until I get my head around it.

Many thanks for any help or advice!

Guest Donkey Oaty
It has been known that San Frans can ship with a Dodgy Micro SD

Try booting with it out.

Thanks for the advice. I have tried without the SD card, with the SD card and with a different SD card. It hasd now been factory reset and still has the same problem. The problem is intermitent, but it has just taken 15 minutes and numerous battery removals to get it to start.

Combined with the dodgy power button it has developed, I clearly have a piece of junk and it is going back to the shop tomorrow. It's 2 weeks old.

Better luck next time

Guest StevenHarperUK
Thanks for the advice. I have tried without the SD card, with the SD card and with a different SD card. It hasd now been factory reset and still has the same problem. The problem is intermitent, but it has just taken 15 minutes and numerous battery removals to get it to start.

Combined with the dodgy power button it has developed, I clearly have a piece of junk and it is going back to the shop tomorrow. It's 2 weeks old.

Better luck next time

I agree, a Return is what you need.

Guest Donkey Oaty
I agree, a Return is what you need.

I returned my phone this morning and got a replacement. The power button works much better and not had any issues booting up yet.

I was the first person in the shop, interestingly the second person to enter the shop was an old guy who was also experiencing exactly the same problem.

The sale guy tried to fob him off telling him that his phone was slow cos it was probably running too many apps and that these phones need to have apps terminated to stop this. That was until I put him right about the high cpu usage problem.