Help, contacts sync from gmail account wont work!

Guest tcraposo

Guest tcraposo

Hey guys!

I would aprecciate if i could get a little help here...

I have my gmail account and just bought a Desire, ok... I had an Omnia II, so i exported my contacts from the Omnia to a .csv file and imported that to gmail in my notebook.

It's all working, everything went fine, the contacts are all there with there respective phone numbers.

But when i sync via account syncronization in the Desire it imports all my contacts but NO PHONE NUMBER of them. The contacts are all here in the phone but WITHOUT the numbers. What am i doing wrong here? Please help...

Thanks in advance!

Hey guys!

I would aprecciate if i could get a little help here...

I have my gmail account and just bought a Desire, ok... I had an Omnia II, so i exported my contacts from the Omnia to a .csv file and imported that to gmail in my notebook.

It's all working, everything went fine, the contacts are all there with there respective phone numbers.

But when i sync via account syncronization in the Desire it imports all my contacts but NO PHONE NUMBER of them. The contacts are all here in the phone but WITHOUT the numbers. What am i doing wrong here? Please help...

Thanks in advance!

Have you still got the .csv file?

If so make a copy and store it somewhere safe!

Now open it up in excel or something similiar. Look to see which columns the phone numbers appear in.

If the phone numbers have ended up in the wrong column you can cut and paste them into the correct column. (hopefully the columns have a heading)

If there are no phone numbers at all in the file I guess the export from your omnia failed.

Did you use outlook to export the info?

Could you just log into google and manually enter them? (I don't know how many you have got sorry B) )

Guest tcraposo

Hey JP514, i got the .csv file stored, it's safe...

The columns are in the right place. I lost patience and went to my gmail account to edit my contacts one by one. Took me a bit but i finished. I have 140 contacts +/-... Thank you for all your help mate!

Regards from Brazil!