[ROM] [eclair] Hungarian Hedgehog RLS2 [2010-11-26]

Guest kallt_kaffe

RLS1b uses that kernel. But keep in mind that with the default browser not all pages zoom. www.google.com does not zoom since it uses a "mobile" version but on android.modaco.com zoom should work with the stock kernel. The startpage for the stock Hungarian ROM does work with zoom but in my ROM I replaced the starting page with google and it doesn't work on google. Try a different page and it propably work.

Thanks! I didn't think of that. Zoom was more sensitive in the stock room, is there any way to change it?

Guest MaK11-12

So, you have to use the custom kernel to use apps2sd?

Also changing the boot screen, "System/Media/bootanimation.zip" If i just edit these (obviously with the same dimensions and resolutions) to my own, will it still work? or am i just risking a brick?

Also, can i use clockwork to recover from a brick.

Sorry for the newb questions.

Thanks dudes for a great rom.

Edited by MaK11-12

Guest Afrodude

It's an automatic process with this ROM, if you have partitioned your SD card correctly. (create a FAT32 one for your data and a ext2 one for your a2sd [both primary and it an order]). a2sd will automatically move all your apps to the the SD card.

There is loads of stuff on Google about "Darktremor Apps2SD".

Edited by Afrodude

Guest MaK11-12

Thanks alot.

So ext2 works normally, with the normal kernel straight off.

But with the custom kernel i can get ext3.

But why is The custom kernel not default?

Edited by MaK11-12

Guest Afrodude
So ext2 works normally, with the normal kernel straight off.

Thats pretty much it.

But with the custom kernel i can get ext3.

But why is The custom kernel not default?

The custom kernel has some issues with Multi-Touch and 3D performance. This is due to ZTE releasing not exactly the same code as they used for production.

Guest kallt_kaffe
The custom kernel has some issues with Multi-Touch and 3D performance. This is due to ZTE releasing not exactly the same code as they used for production.

No, the custom kernel does not have issues with 3D performance, only when overclocked. Btw, I just realized pinch zoom is working for me in the built in browser and I'm running my custom kernel... I'm also running HW UI and I had Opera Mini installed yesterday (but uninstalled it after testing some things). I'm almost 100% sure pinch zoom didn't work with the custom kernel before but now I'm confused...

I actually posted this in the french fries thread but it became deserted soon after, so i'll try again here:

kallt_kaffe, since you seem to know your stuff when it comes to modifying the kernel.. do you think you could fix the issue we are having with most voIP apps (including the current ver. of sipdroid and skype) where the sound only comes out of the speakerphone?

I read somewhere that other devices were having the same problem and that it was fixable in the kernel.

Thanks again for your great work.

grmn

Guest kallt_kaffe
I actually posted this in the french fries thread but it became deserted soon after, so i'll try again here:

kallt_kaffe, since you seem to know your stuff when it comes to modifying the kernel.. do you think you could fix the issue we are having with most voIP apps (including the current ver. of sipdroid and skype) where the sound only comes out of the speakerphone?

I read somewhere that other devices were having the same problem and that it was fixable in the kernel.

Thanks again for your great work.

grmn

I'll see what I can do...

Guest MaK11-12

okay, so if my SD card has an ext2 partition, app2sd will automatically do its stuff.

What about swap? will it automatically partition the swap? or do i need to do it manually in Gparted?

Also, if swap is only in the custom kernel, do i need to install the custom kernel to use app2sd?

Or can app2sd do without a swap?

Edited by MaK11-12

Guest superkryo
okay, so if my SD card has an ext2 partition, app2sd will automatically do its stuff.

What about swap? will it automatically partition the swap? or do i need to do it manually in Gparted?

Also, if swap is only in the custom kernel, do i need to install the custom kernel to use app2sd?

Or can app2sd do without a swap?

Do "adb shell /system/bina2sd check", it will report if swap is used. I believe it's turned on if swap is present.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Do "adb shell /system/bina2sd check", it will report if swap is used. I believe it's turned on if swap is present.

apps2sd will use swap if it finds a swap partition as partition number 3 automaticly. Just type "free" in terminal and you'll see if it uses swap.

To turn off swap use "a2sd noswap" and to turn it on again "a2sd reswap" (don't forget to switch to root user with "su" first unless you are working through adb)

Great ROM, works great on my 256Ram TFT screen version of the phone (didn't have to install kernel from addons, worked straight away).

Thanks a lot for the release.

Guest ballist1x

thanks, and if i have an angry birds saved game progress how do i back that upive tried to back the app up with ti backup..? but its not gone to thee sd card.