[ROM] [eclair] Hungarian Hedgehog RLS2 [2010-11-26]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest ballist1x

right Hedgehog installed...

all good... except: i dont like the key input thing for entering text into websites how can i get this back to normal? with bigger keys and less laggy? is this the HTE stuff cos it seems very input laggy and slow!

Guest agressor12

Miért van az ,hogy a Quadrant Standard Edition -ban kevesebb pontot kaptam ezzel a ROM-al ugy ,hogy a HWaccel be van kapcsolva , mint a gyári ROM-al amin nincs?

Why is it that the Quadrant Standard Edition, I've got less points in the ROM, so that the HWaccel is turned on, as the factory that does not ROM?

Guest tomqman
right Hedgehog installed...

all good... except: i dont like the key input thing for entering text into websites how can i get this back to normal? with bigger keys and less laggy? is this the HTE stuff cos it seems very input laggy and slow!

Tap and hold (long press) on a text box and a menu will pop up saying input method, the choose android

Keyboard

Guest kallt_kaffe
There's a problem with AdFree in this ROM if the phone is connected via USB and the sdcard is mounted.
That is not a problem specific to this ROM. If you mounted the sdcard to your computer it will be unavailable to Android and adfree uses the sdcard as a temporary storage when downloading a new hosts file before moving it to /system/etc. It's just how it works.

Guest ballist1x

prob worth pointing out:

you will need to unlock code if u are OUK on this rom. i didnt realse, woke up, installed Hedgehog before work...booted for first time, needed unlock code... was 10mins later for work - had to go online and get my code from imei before i could use my phone!

ive previously installed, Modaco R4, and 2.2 beta and neither required the code to run properly.

Guest Flumpster

kallt_kaffe,

I've been stripping the Rom down to make my own custom one and I got 2 questions if you don't mine.

What does the fcctest.apk file do?

and how can I combine the Hardware UI addon into the main rom before rezipping it because it makes it easy to give to my friends as one thing to install.

Thanks.

Guest ballist1x

i just removed fcctest.apk no known issues so far...

flumpster, could u do me a favour and let me know what the android system % is in the battery status.

also if u could install power tutor and tell me how much Mv your system is sucking in at any moment in time that would be awesome.

infact if anyone/everyone could do this, i will have their children...jk

Guest Flumpster

The battery saying android system 99/100 percent is normal. That just means its the only thing that is using the power since it was last unplugged from charge.

If it said Android System 75 percent then SOMEAPP 25 percent that would mean that SOMEAPP had used 25 percent of the power since it was last unplugged.

Edited by Flumpster

Guest ballist1x

right, get ya. i removed launcher pro too. not necessary tbh just using up battery

down to 571mw total power consumption under Powertutor thingy now on average

Guest Flumpster

I'm still curious what the fcctest.apk file is doing, it basically has full control of the phone in its permissions including directly calling phone numbers.

Guest oh!dougal
I'm still curious what the fcctest.apk file is doing, it basically has full control of the phone in its permissions including directly calling phone numbers.

It shouldn't be in a production phone. Clearly its for (FCC) approvals testing ...

Isn't it? B)

could anyone using this rom + the custom kernel in the addons package please do me a favour? please install adb and then check for dmesg by inputting: adb shell dmesg

then paste the results here

i wanna pass them on to the guy working on a fix for the wifi

cheers

Guest markusj

FYI: AdFree Android blocks my market.

I can browse the apps, but can't download or install any of them

ad: nope.

It's not the adfree. I removed it from the ROM, wipe this, wipe that, reinstall it, put it back to the ROM, install, etc...

Nothing happens.

When it worked, all I did was just that I reverted the hosts.

Edited by markusj

Guest tomqman

@kallt_kaffe

could you add this font to your next build(ive got it manualy installed but dont want to have to do that each time, and also it will be useful to others)

it has iphone emoji's on it so they dont just show up as squares anymoreDroidSansFallback.zip

Edited by tomqman

Guest FrankieADZ

i dont know if ive installed it right....its taking a while for it to load...keeps looping the powering up please wait screen...

been like it for 5 mins now :\

Help?

Guest kallt_kaffe
i dont know if ive installed it right....its taking a while for it to load...keeps looping the powering up please wait screen...

been like it for 5 mins now :\

Help?

Did you wipe ?

Guest kallt_kaffe
what do u mean?

Sorry Im a noob, ive installed Clock and that if thats what u mean

In Clockwork, do a wipe data/cache (factory reset). If you go from Orange (or French) ROM to the Hungarian one you must do a factory reset to wipe all data or it will not work.

Guest kallt_kaffe
@kallt_kaffe

could you add this font to your next build(ive got it manualy installed but dont want to have to do that each time, and also it will be useful to others)

it has iphone emoji's on it so they dont just show up as squares anymoreDroidSansFallback.zip

Sure, could you give me an example of a webpage where I could try before/after?