[ROM] [eclair] Hungarian Hedgehog RLS2 [2010-11-26]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest FrankieADZ
In Clockwork, do a wipe data/cache (factory reset). If you go from Orange (or French) ROM to the Hungarian one you must do a factory reset to wipe all data or it will not work.

ah ok, i get you now, I was really worried for a second then,

Guest tomqman
Sure, could you give me an example of a webpage where I could try before/after?

 <-these (will look like squares on pc)

iphone user love to text us android user little anoyying squares but this font will actually show them up for what they are

Edited by tomqman

Guest kallt_kaffe
 <-these (will look like squares on pc)

iphone user love to text us android user little anoyying squares but this font will actually show them up for what they are

Thanks, works fine with the new font, will included it for RLS2.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Could someone with a Hungarian (LCD) Blade test the attached kernel. It should support the LCD display but I had to tweak the code slightly since ZTE, once again, provided us with incomplete code.

Anyone tested yet? I need to know if I can make the custom kernel the default kernel for RLS2.

Guest tangelis
Could someone with a Hungarian (LCD) Blade test the attached kernel. It should support the LCD display but I had to tweak the code slightly since ZTE, once again, provided us with incomplete code.

Just installed the kernel and it works. But it has got the reversed colors problem. From what I can see the blue is red and red is blue.

Can you please make a version of the kernel with PPP and MPPE enabled? Please without those the VPN PPTP connection(and may other type of VPN do not work).

I give you the .config options must me enabled. PLEASE.

CONFIG_PPP=y

CONFIG_PPP_DEFLATE=y

CONFIG_PPP_BSDCOMP=y

CONFIG_PPP_MPPE=y

Guest tangelis
Just installed the kernel and it works. But it has got the reversed colors problem. From what I can see the blue is red and red is blue.

Can you please make a version of the kernel with PPP and MPPE enabled? Please without those the VPN PPTP connection(and may other type of VPN do not work).

I give you the .config options must me enabled. PLEASE.

CONFIG_PPP=y

CONFIG_PPP_DEFLATE=y

CONFIG_PPP_BSDCOMP=y

CONFIG_PPP_MPPE=y

I must though say that this kernel does not freeze the device. I think the previous custom kernel would freeze the device in a way that you would press keys they seem to light up but the display did not ever came up.

FYI: AdFree Android blocks my market.

I can browse the apps, but can't download or install any of them

ad: nope.

It's not the adfree. I removed it from the ROM, wipe this, wipe that, reinstall it, put it back to the ROM, install, etc...

Nothing happens.

When it worked, all I did was just that I reverted the hosts.

I have the same exact problem. Thought it was the SuperUser app that was causing it, but it turns out it's adfree.

Guest The Soup Thief

Hi Everyone,

I'm not running this ROM but am just a bit curious about Flash lite, which I understand is built into the ROM

I've just searched this thread and aside from kallt_kaffe's reference to it in the first post, I've not found anyone else making reference to it

Does anyone have any feedback or comments? Can you view .swf files?

Thanks

I have the same exact problem. Thought it was the SuperUser app that was causing it, but it turns out it's adfree.

Nevermind this post... it's not AdFree's fault afterall. Have removed it, restored hosts file. Market worked for a couple of days, and now happened again. :P

I have factory resetted like 6 times in the last week because of this.

Anyone tested yet? I need to know if I can make the custom kernel the default kernel for RLS2.

+1, blue and red swapped, otherwise works and a very good kernel. Whatever the problem can be, I don't know.

Guest kallt_kaffe
+1, blue and red swapped, otherwise works and a very good kernel. Whatever the problem can be, I don't know.

Try this with the original kernel (that I assume work correctly?) on a hungarian blade:

# cat /proc/kmsg |grep "lcd module"

Then turn the display on and off a few times and you should get an output similar to this:

<4>[ 1756.552832] lcd module oled init finish phase1

<4>[ 1756.552852] !lcd module oled init finish phase2

<4>[ 1760.982885] lcd module oled init finish phase1

<4>[ 1760.982902] !lcd module oled init finish phase2

Post your results in this thread.

Try this with the original kernel (that I assume work correctly?) on a hungarian blade:

# cat /proc/kmsg |grep "lcd module"

Then turn the display on and off a few times and you should get an output similar to this:

<4>[ 1756.552832] lcd module oled init finish phase1

<4>[ 1756.552852] !lcd module oled init finish phase2

<4>[ 1760.982885] lcd module oled init finish phase1

<4>[ 1760.982902] !lcd module oled init finish phase2

Post your results in this thread.

Edited by gusthy

Guest asturel

it stuck at 'powering up' for me..

dmesg doesnt shows any error :/

Guest asturel
Could someone please the attached kernel on hungarian blade. It will swap Red and Blue on my OSF so if it works on a hungarian (lcd) blade then I think I know how to make kernel that will work on both phones.

what is the difference between this and the previous kernel?

Guest kallt_kaffe
what is the difference between this and the previous kernel?

The previous version has the new lcd driver but I hade to remove some line of code to make it compile and reports says it works but red and blue are swapped making colors look strange. The new version is hardcoded to swap red and blue so it looks wrong on my Orange San Francisco but hopefully it will look right on an LCD blade.

The purpose of this experiemt is to make a custom kernel that works both on the OLED blades (Orange San Francisco) and the new LCD blades.

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest asturel
The previous version has the new lcd driver but I hade to remove some line of code to make it compile and reports says it works but red and blue are swapped making colors look strange. The new version is hardcoded to swap red and blue so it looks wrong on my Orange San Francisco but hopefully it will look right on an LCD blade.

The purpose of this experiemt is to make a custom kernel that works both on the OLED blades (Orange San Francisco) and the new LCD blades.

do i need flash the whole hedgehog rom? or the kernel is just enough? coz' it wont boot (im talking about the first one /kernel/)

i have attached the dmesg log, if it helps

Guest kallt_kaffe
do i need flash the whole hedgehog rom? or the kernel is just enough? coz' it wont boot (im talking about the first one /kernel/)

i have attached the dmesg log, if it helps

Yes, sorry, it will only fully boot together with the hedgehog ROM.

Could someone please the attached kernel on hungarian blade. It will swap Red and Blue on my OSF so if it works on a hungarian (lcd) blade then I think I know how to make kernel that will work on both phones.

I installed it.

Colors are correct.

Edit:

Swap work well, too. Hungarian Blade became usable :P

Edited by gusthy

Just one final test. This version should automaticly swap red and blue only on LCD devices so that it will work on both OLED and LCD blades.

Works correctly too.

BTW since it is GPL, you should publish your kernel modifications :P

Guest kallt_kaffe
Works correctly too.

BTW since it is GPL, you should publish your kernel modifications :P

Hehe... you're absolutely right. I will...

Will start uploading RLS2. No more original kernel, custom one should work for everyone now. Also I think I may have managed to fix the wifi issue.

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Hehe... you're absolutely right. I will...

Will start uploading RLS2. No more original kernel, custom one should work for everyone now. Also I think I may have managed to fix the wifi issue.

Yiiip