[ROM] [eclair] Hungarian Hedgehog RLS2 [2010-11-26]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest kallt_kaffe

RLS2 in first post. Let me know if you find any issues with the custom kernel and I'll make an addon with the original one. Also I'd like feedback on if the wifi issue is gone now. It has worked perfectly for me today but I haven't had very much time to test it.

Guest paraselene

I really like the overclocking

Even I updated to RLS1b, I use the overclock add-on in RLS1 too

However, seems there are more updates in kernel on RLS2. Could you add it back as addons?

Edited by paraselene

Guest kallt_kaffe
I really like the overclocking, Could you add it back as addons?

I could but it slows 3D graphics (and perhaps also 2D) down. Propably due to some bus speed mismatch or something when not using one of the built in PLL clocks. What speed did you use?

Guest paraselene
I could but it slows 3D graphics (and perhaps also 2D) down. Propably due to some bus speed mismatch or something when not using one of the built in PLL clocks. What speed did you use?

It seems that when I overclock to 691200, My Angry Bird run smoother.

I prefer u offer all 5 overclock addons, I change the kernel from time to time if i think it's not stable. Thanks for your help.

It's really a Good ROM, I use your ROM since French Fries. One of the big reason is that you offer overclock addons :P

Guest PeTiNgA

The portuguese version of SF (Optimus San Francisco - 189€) started selling today.

Can some one give me instructions on how to dump the ROM so I can ask someone to dump it? It may have some updated bits :P

Thanks in advance.

Guest asturel

rls2 hw ui addon doesnt update build.prop (debug.sf.hw=0)

i just installed the rom, after boot i have only 20-25mb (w/ stock rom ~70) free ram :S and the phone is very sluggish :/ (maybe cause the vm heapsize?)

but the touchscreen driver is good :P

p.s.: i did not do a wipe

Edited by asturel

Guest paraselene

In fact, what's the use of Hardware accelerated UI. I only feel different in using Rockplayer to play video using hardware decode. Is there any more place it has certain effect?

Guest kallt_kaffe
rls2 hw ui addon doesnt update build.prop (debug.sf.hw=0)

I've updated the addons package with a fixed hardware ui addon, thanks for pointing that out.

i just installed the rom, after boot i have only 20-25mb (w/ stock rom ~70) free ram :S and the phone is very sluggish :/ (maybe cause the vm heapsize?)

but the touchscreen driver is good :P

p.s.: i did not do a wipe

Try changing the vm heapsize back to 24m to see if it makes a difference.

Guest kallt_kaffe
I found that the touch screen could not detect the pressure of touch right now, have you made any change on the kernel of touch screen?

ZTE gave us a new touchscreen driver with the 23/11 kernel source. It may work a bit different compared to the old one?

Guest paraselene
ZTE gave us a new touchscreen driver with the 23/11 kernel source. It may work a bit different compared to the old one?

http://www.the8pen.com/

I use this ime, it has a feature that allow user to switch to upper case characters when user press harder.

in the setting, it allow user to set the pressure threshold. However, after updating to RLS2. I can't set it and it jump to max when i press the screen.

Guest Freekers
How do i get apps to sdcard?

You will have to partition your SDCard into a FAT32 partition (e.g. 7GB) and an EXT2 partition (e.g. 1GB). It'll work automatically since it creates a symlink, so no need to manually move apps.

Guest kallt_kaffe
hm, already did this and it seems to work...

but i think it was my error. apps i installed before partition the sdcard will not be moved?

No they won't but I've found that if you do an "a2sd remove" before partitioning the SD-card and then an "a2sd reinstall" after paritioning you will not loose the allready installed apps. A little to late for that now for you but it may be a helpful advice for someone else who intend to switch to apps2sd.

Guest paraselene
hm, already did this and it seems to work...

but i think it was my error. apps i installed before partition the sdcard will not be moved?

As I remember, it will auto move to sd card directly.

Anyway,

a2sd remove to move apps in sd card to data partition

a2sd reinstall to move apps to sd card

Guest kallt_kaffe
Really Looking forward to the overclock addon available for RLS2 again :P

I know, I know.. but I've spent some time struggling with wifi stuff (adding stuff needed for wifi tethering) but it always fails due to the lack of source (zte version) for the Atheros wifi driver..

But, sure... overclocking addons will be made.

Guest HitTheCow

switched from r1b to r2 now and tested the "new" wifi fix.

@r1b: "blade fix" worked for me (speedport w700v, wpa2 aes)

@r2: wifi fix seems to work too, but i've two points to mention:

-> wifi signal seems to be a little bit weaker rather than in r1b (is this possible?)

-> wifi needs some time to reconnect after i wake the SF with the power button (15-30sek -> maybe depends on the weak signal...)

oh and the market/gmail login worked via wifi on the new r2 (didn't worked for me with r1b) :P