[ROM] [eclair] Hungarian Hedgehog RLS2 [2010-11-26]

Guest kallt_kaffe

It seems that i did something wrong or didn't read well.... The problem is that I cant get in the Clockwork recovery after I flashed to Hungarian Hedgehog.

Is this a feature :P or is this a common problem?

Guest FrankieADZ

I had a go installing this last night and when it loaded up it ask me for SIM Unlock code?

Why does it do this? I thought it would just go to UI straight the way, but Im a noob...i havent got a clue :D

*Just had a look thru, looks like i need an unlock code.

*fingers crossed i get it working :P

Edited by FrankieADZ

Guest gambieter
I had a go installing this last night and when it loaded up it ask me for SIM Unlock code?

Why does it do this? I thought it would just go to UI straight the way, but Im a noob...i havent got a clue :D

*Just had a look thru, looks like i need an unlock code.

*fingers crossed i get it working :P

There is a topic for free unlockcodes, see the relevant stickie-topic at the top panel.

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...m-unlock-codes/

Edited by gambieter

Guest FrankieADZ

thanks G :P

Well I unlocked the phone, and looks to be all good at mo on HH.

I forgot that Apps go to the SD card straight the way tho, but Im not 100% sure if the apps are going to the SD card or not??

Edited by FrankieADZ

Guest FrankieADZ

Ive been looking into it...and Im pretty sure my apps arent going on to the SD card, Ive partitioned one part to EXT2 and another to FAT32

(I didnt use clockwork recovery).

I dunno what the problem is :P

I feel like a real pain :D

Sorry everyone

Guest Afrodude
Ive been looking into it...and Im pretty sure my apps arent going on to the SD card, Ive partitioned one part to EXT2 and another to FAT32

(I didnt use clockwork recovery).

I dunno what the problem is :P

I feel like a real pain :D

Sorry everyone

Why do you not think its working correctly? Download quick system info and have a look at partitions and data usage.

Guest FrankieADZ
Why do you not think its working correctly? Download quick system info and have a look at partitions and data usage.

Ive download Quick System info, and theres an A2SD Storage bit and it says information not available.

my internal storage goes down when I d/l an app. what do u think I need to do.

Guest gambieter
Ive download Quick System info, and theres an A2SD Storage bit and it says information not available.

My experience is that you need to do the partitioning before flashing the ROM with A2SD. First primary partition as FAT32, last primary partition EXT2, not larger than say 512 MB. So reflash after partitioning.

Guest FrankieADZ
My experience is that you need to do the partitioning before flashing the ROM with A2SD. First primary partition as FAT32, last primary partition EXT2, not larger than say 512 MB. So reflash after partitioning.

thats what I did; i formatted the whole card then i partitioned off the main bit in FAT32 then I did the second in EXT2, then I flash RLS2 on to my San Fran.

What do you suggest I try/do?

*Thanks for help/replying* :P

Guest sephirothg

Hi!

I have a problem with wifi.

I installed Hedgehog R2, but WiFi is not working perfectly.

When I start browser or market everything works fine, but after a few second lost connection.

Wifi signal is perfect.

Then I click Retry and working again for a few second.

I already tried Blade WiFi-fix but not working.

Does anybody have any idea?

same here, wifi connection of RLS2b is better

Can you a enter the clockworkmod recovery?

I had to fix the wifi with the blade, furthermore more i like the rom quite well!

Guest paraselene
Can you a enter the clockworkmod recovery?

I had to fix the wifi with the blade, furthermore more i like the rom quite well!

ya, I can enter recovery and updated hw ui, overclock..etc

even if a2sd works, internal storage goes down for 2 reasons. first, app may have its own data. second, dalvik cache is in internal storage if you dont move it to sd too, with the command a2sd cache.

Guest mikes77a
Overclocking addons (added 2010-11-27)
  • Download: Hungarian_Hedgehog_RLS2_overclocking_addons.rar
  • IMPORTANT NOTE: Overclocking will have a negative effect on 3D performance.
  • If you're phone freezes and/or experience random reboots, try a lower clock speed. A good starting point would be 691.2MHz or 710.4Mhz.

I try to flash 710MHz this work at 2nd reboot and then(on "powering up" screen) is suck....

My good and stable CPU speed is 692MHz and boost (!) 3D performance! :P

Sorry for ma baad english....

Edited by mikes77a

Here's an experimental kernel if anyone is interested in undervolting. I've configured the 600MHz level to use a slightly lower voltage level. Not sure if it really makes noticable difference to battery life but it's there if anyone want to have a go.

After French fries I have installed three days ago Hedgehog RLS2.

Would like to test the undervolting kernel now.

If it should not be stable, how do I get the best way to return to RLS2?

Otherwise I am really satisfied with this ROM, only

K9mail makes Problem with this ROM.

See http://code.google.com/p/k9mail/issues/detail?id=2723

After French fries I have installed three days ago Hedgehog RLS2.

Would like to test the undervolting kernel now.

If it should not be stable, how do I get the best way to return to RLS2?

Otherwise I am really satisfied with this ROM, only

K9mail makes Problem with this ROM.

See http://code.google.com/p/k9mail/issues/detail?id=2723

it is unstable :-(

Guest Weissauchnicht

Hello,

thank you for this ROM- very good work! I have a problem after deleting some apps in /system/app directory. If i flash the .zip then i get an error message:

The application Setup Wizard (process com.android.setupwizard) has stopped unexceptedly. Please try again.
I have removed the following apps from the zip Archive (Tested with 7-zip and Total Commander):
system\app\Launcher2.apk

system\app\VoiceSearchWithKeyboard.apk

system\app\HTC_IME_hi_blade.apk

system\app\Facebook.apk

system\app\PassionQuickOffice.apk

system\app\TitaniumBackup.apk

system\app\WeatherWidgets.apk

system\app\GestureSearch.apk

system\app\FlashSVGPlayer.apk

system\app\GenieWidget.apk

system\app\FlashPlugin.apk

Is there an app that is required for android?

Guest Flumpster

Well Launcher2 is the main desktop interface so unless you have put another one in this aint gonna work.. You are also removing both keyboards with the HTC_IME_hi_blade.apk and the VoiceSearchWithKeyboard.apk, at the very least leave the first one.

The rest are fine to remove tho.

Edited by Flumpster

Guest BigKevN

Hi, Release 1b was amazing, however I have tried updating to R2, but I get error with clockworkmod:-

'E:Board does not support mtd utils.E:Failure at line 358:

wrute_raw_image PACKAGE:boot.img BOOT:

Installation aborted.'

Any ideas?

Thanks.

*FIXED*

I had installed clockworkMod 2.5.1.3 blade to partition SD card. switched back to 2.5.0.9 modaco r2 blade and has installed.

Edited by BigKevN

Guest Weissauchnicht
Well Launcher2 is the main desktop interface so unless you have put another one in this aint gonna work.. You are also removing both keyboards with the HTC_IME_hi_blade.apk and the VoiceSearchWithKeyboard.apk, at the very least leave the first one.

Thank you, everything is fine now - i didn't know that there is no standard keyboard inside the ROM. It seems that Launcher2 is required. If i remove it and leave "LauncherPro" inside the rom then i get the same error message as above at the end of the setup wizard. If i do it the other way (remove LauncherPro, include Launcher2) then everything works.