SDCard Problems after installing modaco rom

Guest spi7fire

Guest spi7fire

Hi, i hope you could help me out!

i've installed modaco rom, and it didnt copy apps to my sd. so i went to recovery mode, and partitioned my sd with ext,ext2,ext3,ext4

and since then im having lots of problems with the phone - he doesnt recognizing apps, doesnt store pictures i take, and doest allow me to copy files into the SD card.

What did i do wrong? and how do i fix it?

Thanks!

Hi, i hope you could help me out!

i've installed modaco rom, and it didnt copy apps to my sd. so i went to recovery mode, and partitioned my sd with ext,ext2,ext3,ext4

and since then im having lots of problems with the phone - he doesnt recognizing apps, doesnt store pictures i take, and doest allow me to copy files into the SD card.

What did i do wrong? and how do i fix it?

Thanks!

To "really" sort it out you are going to have to totally wipe the phone and re-format the card.

I would re-format the card using something like gparted in ubuntu. It supports ext3 partitions.

You will need to create a fat32 partition for normal files and a second partition as ext3. You can choose the size of each.

Once this is done slot the card back in and hard reset the phone. When it sets itself back up the program will be correctly installed to the ext3 partition.