22/Nov r1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Commtiva N700 with Online Kitchen

I'm pleased to present my MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Commtiva N700 (this is the version based on the 0009_3_16I Froyo release)! READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU START! No, really, it contains everything you need to know. :)

Remember that if you use this ROM, you do so entirely at your own risk!!

About MoDaCo Custom ROMs

MoDaCo Custom ROMs are based on official ROMs - either shipping or leaked. A MCR release is designed to feel as far as possible like a stock ROM, with optimisations, tweaks and complimentary additions that enhance the user experience. The aim of a MCR is to be ultra reliable for use on an everyday device.

Requirements

In order to use this ROM on your device, you must have a custom recovery image installed (Clockwork Mod).

Features (these are the features for the currently posted prebake, please check the changelog for any pending changes that are in the kitchen)
  • Based on the 0009_3_16I Froyo release
  • Pre-rooted with su and Superuser Permissions by ChainsDD
  • Insecure boot image (ro.secure=0)
  • Optimised with the MCR build process
  • All components updated to the latest versions
  • ROM is de-odexed

Changelog

Please see 2 posts below this one for the changes in each release.

Installation

To install this ROM:
    • Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your SD card
    • Restart your device in recovery mode
    • PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
    • Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to your memory card

Upgrading

No wipe is explicitly required in order to use this ROM, however if you do encounter issues of any kind, it is recommended that you wipe your device and reproduce the issue before raising it here.

Downloads

This ROM is now available in the online kitchen - see the post below for details! In addition to the kitchen, a prebaked download is available.

[*]r1 -

DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: e0e90b44551c4c4ac1e9058471d0c74c

Please note that the download links implement referring checking to avoid deep-linking. If you are redirected to the MoDaCo homepage when you download, try 'right click save as', disabling ad blocking / no script or if all else fails try an alternative browser.

Thanks

It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.

And finally...

If you would like to show your appreciation for the ROM, please consider supporting MoDaCo by signing up for a MoDaCo Ad Free or MoDaCo Plus account, both of which also give you early access to Beta ROM releases and access to the the online kitchens.

Enjoy! B)

P

There may be a short wait while the load balancing software determines the best kitchen to serve your ROM. The kitchen should appear below within 20 seconds.

Guest FatherD

OUTSTANDING .. less than one day from box to baked!

I will upgrade to Plus ASAP B)

UPDATE: No wipe needed, kept all my existing apps with no losses, many thanks :) ... did seem to lose root though!

UPDATE: z4root from the market worked without fuss.

Edited by FatherD

OUTSTANDING .. less than one day from box to baked!

I will upgrade to Plus ASAP B)

UPDATE: No wipe needed, kept all my existing apps with no losses, many thanks :) ... did seem to lose root though!

UPDATE: z4root from the market worked without fuss.

It's prerooted so that doesn't really make sense!

P

Guest FatherD
It's prerooted so that doesn't really make sense!

P

Hmmm ... yep, I thought it was a bit odd as well, but Root Explorer failed to get root, so I tried Titanium, it spat out the 'Failed to get root access' error. I hopped back into WinXP and ran SuperOneClick 1.5 using the ADB.exe from the virtual cdrom which mounts when you plug it into Windows, hit 'Root' which always took 2 goes as it did this time; it reported as 'rooted', but I lazily didn't follow the remainder of the instruction given here about changing permissions of su. Booted the tab back up and it was still not rooted, ran z4root from the market .. sorted

Could it be to do with the fact that I didn't do a wipe before flashing, would that leave some data/security related settings behind? or maybe it's to do with something in /hidden?? .. call it a hunch, but since I got this I have always felt that it is more 'locked down' than it first seems (cue the x-files music) :)

Still ... your Rom feels snappier and cleaner, Angry birds no longer gets the occasional slow down - that's the most important thing B)

Guest hucqim80

Flashed it..but phone not working..and wifi tether is not working either..

any way to fix this? as for wifi tether i found that ar6k.conf is missing in /system/etc ..

Edited by hucqim80

Guest hucqim80
Phone working fine here, Tether appears to be OK too (although I don't have the ar6k.conf file?)

Have you tried restoring your backup and reflashing?

P

restore my nandroid backup not reflash yet..do you know what files related to phone..i'm comparing your system.img with mine now..

Just a thought... we are assuming the N700 (Paul's) and Mi700 (hucqim80) are exactly identical... could there be minor (but critical) differences? B)

restore my nandroid backup not reflash yet..do you know what files related to phone..i'm comparing your system.img with mine now..

Guest hucqim80

Wipe don't works as well..still phone and wifi tether not working for mi700..any suggestion Paul?

Edit:Find out that mi700 using 2.2 r5 and n700 using 2.2 r6..is this has any thing to do with it?..

Edited by hucqim80

Guest hucqim80
Does WiFi (non tether) work? What happens when you try and use Tether?

What is your baseband in Software -> About? The N700 I have is PR3_128.

P

Wifi tether greyed out..so I can't enabled it..

Baseband same as n700..

By the way..what this does?

ro.telephony.gsm.wait.switch=true

ro.com.google.gmsversion=2.2_r6

persist.cust.tel.eons=true

not available in mi700 stock image..

Edited by hucqim80

Guest hucqim80

I could turn on wifi but haven't tested it whether it really on and connecting to AP...

Phone could not turned on I got X in signal..no service..emergency call only..

Files that not available in mi700

qcnvitems.jar

qcrilhook.jar

Edited by hucqim80