StreakDroid 1.4.6 Annoncement

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest scottylace

Keep getting the market error, quite frustrating, output from logcat is:

F/dalvikvm( 1062): Exception!!! threadid=9: thread exiting with uncaught excepti

on (group=0x4001d968)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1062): FATAL EXCEPTION: UpdateCheckinDatabaseService

E/AndroidRuntime( 1062): java.lang.SecurityException: Permission Denial: writing

com.google.android.gsf.settings.GoogleSettingsProvider uri content://com.google

.settings/partner from pid=1062, uid=10060 requires com.google.android.providers

.settings.permission.WRITE_GSETTINGS

Guest OmegaStalker
But on a side note I want to congratulate Steve for all his hard work and putting up for some of the requests he receives etc!

Here Here! steve is awesome actually makes the streak worth having...

Trust dell to make a great piece of hardware and then make the software dog poo...

Guest XXtremeAzzKicker

I have a US Att Streak now running the first Official Release. Not being able to use anything but Opera is a pain in the a__. Is this a big improvement over the first official release? Also Fards mentioned we would just have to flash clockwork recover then update directly to this?

Guest banterbay
Here Here! steve is awesome actually makes the streak worth having...

Trust dell to make a great piece of hardware and then make the software dog poo...

Dell needs to get Steve and make him their Chief Software guy in order for him to train their present crappy team. He indeed makes Streak worth having.

Guest tech710
Also is the volume boost built in? or is it something we need to enable under a setting somewhere.

I upgraded to 1.4.5 and I hear no diffrence.(Steve nothing but props for you)

Guest RyanPhoner

Market is working fine for me as well. Going to test the volume out of my 3.5mm headset soon and will report back.

As others have stated, thanks for all the work Steve!

I've re-installed the update and baseband and now the system seems a little more stable. However, now the market app will not download anything, it keeps coming up with download unsucessful? Browsing is okay and the top apps appear, so internet is working okay.

p.s - just like to re-iterate, good job steve :-)

Guest RyanPhoner

Just tried out volume from 3.5mm jack and it's better but still not as loud as an iPhone 3GS or Samsung Captivate. Testing with the same car and setup via 3.5mm cable direct to stereo.

Just tried out volume from 3.5mm jack and it's better but still not as loud as an iPhone 3GS or Samsung Captivate. Testing with the same car and setup via 3.5mm cable direct to stereo.

Getting Market force close here too!!

Guest johnnobts

market errors popping up again after using market (error pops up twice then goes away until I use market again). I can access and use the market just fine, error is just a nuisance.

Market not working for me either. No unsuccessful download message though. It just shows the download icon on the notification bar and then it disappears almost immediately.

Market not working for me either. No unsuccessful download message though. It just shows the download icon on the notification bar and then it disappears almost immediately.

+1 for me on that

Guest OmegaStalker

Same here but it worked for like an hour... Il try a reflash and see what happens..

Guest toyfreak

Same here with the Market app... Worked for awile then wouldn't download new apps (downloads terminated without any error messages) so I did a factory reset and now process com.android.vending is stopping unexpectedly and requiring FC. I tried 2 factory resets with same results so I guess a re-flash is in order.

Edited by toyfreak

Guest Stephen Davidson

Same here, Market works, slow, then starts force closing. Specifically once an app goes from downloading to installing. Not sure the cause but I believe it has something to do with google backup. Even after a total format of everything, once I activate with google my /data/data folder propagates with lots of old apps.

Of course the apps aren't really installed but their data components screw up the re-installation.

Just read what I wrote and I'm not sure if it makes sense :-)