Aura GPS Navigation for Android Mobile version 2.X and above

Guest =WBG=Cpt_Custard

Guest =WBG=Cpt_Custard

Aura GPS Navigation for Android Mobile version 2.X and above.

Professional turn-by-turn GPS navigation app.

- TomTom maps stored on the phone

- Hardware accelerated 3D view of cities and landscape

- Real-Time Traffic (sygic.com/shop)

Maps and locations pre-loaded, eliminate data transfer

AURA comes with all data pre-loaded, so it will never let you down.

Data storage is faster, more stable and cheaper than data transfer

from an Internet connection.

(recommended that maps pre-downloaded via Wi-Fi)

Wherever you are, use AURA to find your destination

without any roaming costs.

Places, addresses, maps, wiki information, city guides, navigation

and voice guidance - all are pre-installed.

Turn your mobile phone into professional

car navigation device by Drive To™ Feature

Drive To™ feature turns your mobile/cell phone into

a professional car navigation device.

It comes with Intuitive design, easy to read as you drive,

crystal-clear spoken voice instructions and route guidance.

Advanced lane guidance with up-to-date signpost information

all comes with Drive To™ feature.

User interface automatically fits in-car requirements by fonts

and symbols increased when using Drive To™.

Special Drive To™ car navigation feature includes:

* Door-to-door navigation with voice-guided real-time driving instructions in more than 20 languages

(“After one hundred meters, turn left, then immediately turn right”)

* Speed limits on roads and thousands of safety cameras pre-installed

* Real-time voice-guided manoeuvres with distance to direction or full

junction list

* Distance to destination with estimated time of arrival

* Lane assistant to know which lane to take on roads

* Highway symbols to know which city and driving information to follow up on symbols ahead

* Community shared traffic and speed traps information (*Connected)

* Real time traffic information shared by users or approved by traffic content providers

AURAlondon.pngAURAdortmund.png

A demonstration of Sygic AURA is available at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b09TW0r-gtM

Just wondering if any one has tried this yet.....im going to give it a go now and see what how it fairs.....i didnt really like copilot so its no biggie junking that.

Guest buneech

I tried it on Modaco r4, and it was slow at the beginning of the menu, but then it acted up and was ok, but when I tried to navigate, it didn't show the map, just some kind of erradic lines across the screen.

Guest =WBG=Cpt_Custard

mine worked spot on as soon as i fired it up and ive got it working first time. So far im more impressed with this than copilot.....a lot smaller as well.

Guest twatter

I've tried copilot.....seems okay

I'll like to try this and igo8.....when I have any results I'll post back

More feedback required on igo8, Sygic AURA and copilot

R

Guest Surmoka

I installed this, it is unusably slow, fails to react to most of my touches. It often freezes and I have to kill it. The Aura downloader, after a lot of hassle, managed to download my country's map but the application still found no maps despite the downloader insisted it was down 100% and the map indeed showed in the file manager.

Say, what part of this application is usable?

Guest tippo88

I"m using this with Froyo and wit works ver well. Only negative comments are that the instructions often say "turn left" for example when its actually a left hand bend in the current road or " bear left" when you need to make a left turn onto a new road which means you have to keep an eye on the screen more that you would with other systems.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest mastakila

I'm looking for sat nav for my SF.

Last night I have installed Sygic Aura and it works and looks great except for the menu responsiveness that somebody else mentioned before.

The actual navigation window is super smooth and responsive.

Currently I'm using Paul's Froyo alpha3 and wondering if hardware acceleration has anything to do with it (dont know if its on in pre-compiled version).

If somebody has got it working smoothly on his device could you please share rom version and possibly .ini files from sygic folder that would be great.

PS.

Orange San Francisco is on compatibility list on Sygic website :)

I'm a big fan of GPS application, because I get lost, a LOT!!!

And I tried this but, it didn't worked...

I was never able to see the map (black screen only) and most of the times, when I pressed a button (back, ok, continue) the button would start blinking and I had to press the "real buttons" in my SF to unlock it.

It was, by far, the most unstable application I ever tried in my mobile and I could not even test the main functionality...

I'm using Modaco's R4 with a2sd installed...

I'm using Copilot 8, and with the last map update for my country I got a great improvement, although the update process was not very friendly, it kept telling me that I was not licensed, after getting support from them I had to remove all traces of the application and reinstalled it

Guest mastakila

fonix232 is navigation in the menu smooth and quick? if yes can you tell us what ROM you are using (HW accel off/on)?

lpinho currently on Paul's Froyo alpha3. No problems with installation, download of the maps or actual navigation itself, the only problem is slow and jerky menu.

I have tested CoPilot but its not as smooth or good looking as Aura.

Edited by mastakila

Guest fonix232
fonix232 is navigation in the menu smooth and quick? if yes can you tell us what ROM you are using (HW accel off/on)?

lpinho currently on Paul's Froyo alpha3. No problems with installation, download of the maps or actual navigation itself, the only problem is slow and jerky menu.

I have tested CoPilot but its not as smooth or good looking as Aura.

The main menu is dodgy for me too, but the application itself runs smooth. Tried on stock ROM (B02 T-Mobile HU) and many others, first one had no hw accel, while the others had. There was no difference in speed and smoothness though.

Also, I had the blinking problem too. It was caused by a misconfiguration. If it happens, delete the folder /sdcard/Aura, and use the downloader again to grab the files, it should correct the problem!

Also, I had the blinking problem too. It was caused by a misconfiguration. If it happens, delete the folder /sdcard/Aura, and use the downloader again to grab the files, it should correct the problem!

I guess I will try the software again :)

Guest RottenFoxBreath

disabling hardware acceleration stops the flickering, tried and tested.

On the 2.1 roms, disable the hardware acceleration, no flickering.

On 2.2, it doesn't matter, but disabling hardware acceleration will make the menus slightly smoother, but not by much.

Programme itself runs fine though.

Edited by RottenFoxBreath

Guest RottenFoxBreath
may I ask where is the "disabling hardware acceleration" option i menu? Can't find it anywhere. version 2.0

On your phone, in the build.prop file.

There's an update for it, 2.1.1, which works well with the hardware acceleration enabled, and menus are a lot smoother now.

Edited by RottenFoxBreath

Guest ernest33

No one has the problem that after downloading map, they don't appear in Auro (Only "Sygic GPS System" on top) :(

I don't understand the problem, the data are on the sdcard in the folder named "Aura"...????

Help please ;)

On your phone, in the build.prop file.

There's an update for it, 2.1.1, which works well with the hardware acceleration enabled, and menus are a lot smoother now.

I'm using Finnish_Fillyjonk_RLS4 ROM with hardware acceleration enabled and it's not working... I get a lot of blinking, but I'll try an advice left on a previous post...

Guest RottenFoxBreath
I'm using Finnish_Fillyjonk_RLS4 ROM with hardware acceleration enabled and it's not working... I get a lot of blinking, but I'll try an advice left on a previous post...

Disable the hardware acceleration in build.prop, and that should make it work, but the menus might be sluggish.

Disable the hardware acceleration in build.prop, and that should make it work, but the menus might be sluggish.

Yup, that's what I did, and finally I have the 2.1.1 version working just fine :unsure: