[ROM] ZTE Blade Stock ROMs

Guest Sebastian404

Guest Sebastian404
After much stalling, I decided to send my TFT San Fran for replacement... the gallery app would always make it reboot (not force close - if anyone can explain this please do) and similarly other games made it occasionally too. Having wifi + gps on and using maps seemed to make it reboot every so often too.

Anyhow, enough waffling. This morning I just recieved the AMOLED version... with software build number OUK_P729BV1.0.0B10

Yep... B10... AMOLED?

Firmware version 2.1-update1

I'll dump the rom if anyone wants it...?

yes PLEASE... I was thinking about this just yesterday, since theres this new 3rd type of screen around, there must be support for it... and I assume another new kernel...

Guest Sebastian404
PLEASE

I'm working on it, a couple of people have offered hosting, The big problem I have is getting them off my laptop since I'm on the worlds worst Hotel internet connection, and we are talking about (currently) 2.5 gig worth of data to upload...

I'm off to MWC on the 14th, and then I'm going back to the states, where assuming my place has not burnt down, I've got 'real' internet access.

Guest Luke2642

I've dumped it, my OUK_P729BV1.0.0B10.zip contains:

boot.img

checksum.md5

config.gz

recovery.img

system.info.gz

system.tar.gz

1. There's no userdata image... but is there anything else sensitive in there I need to delete before uploading it to a yousendit or something?

2. Also, I used romdump to do it, not ADB stuff. Is that a problem?

3. Is there anything else you want me to check before I put a new rom on it?

4. Seb (or anyone!) could you direct me to advice or instructions to turning this romdump into a TPT recovery image? I'd really like to be able to get back to this vanilla (albeit orange) state if I want to. I've found the following link and lots of guides for making update.zips... but I'd definitely like to do ain install.zip for simple recovery. Any advice would be appreciated!

http://android-dls.com/wiki/index.php?titl...ack_Boot_Images

OUK_P729BV1.0.0B10.zip download:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/x5oicc

Edited by Luke2642

Guest Sebastian404
I've dumped it, my OUK_P729BV1.0.0B10.zip contains:

boot.img

checksum.md5

config.gz

recovery.img

system.info.gz

system.tar.gz

There's no userdata image... but is there anything else sensitive in there I need to delete before uploading it to a yousendit or something?

nope thats all I need, romdump does not touch any of your userdata, its just the boot/recovery/system partitions and some info about the device so I can make an update image for it.

Does anyone have the stock Estonian rom (not the dump but an installable rom)?I'd really really appreciate it if you'd send it to me.

I understand your position, Seb, but if you can, please, send it to me.

Edited by ninzor

Guest Sebastian404
4. Seb (or anyone!) could you direct me to advice or instructions to turning this romdump into a TPT recovery image? I'd really like to be able to get back to this vanilla (albeit orange) state if I want to. I've found the following link and lots of guides for making update.zips... but I'd definitely like to do ain install.zip for simple recovery. Any advice would be appreciated!

Basicaly, install clockworkmod recovery, use that to backup your device, then take the system.img file it generates, and the boot.img and recovery.img from romdump and replace those files in the original Hungarian TPT... that should do you

Guest Luke2642

Ah-ha! Excellent! Thanks seb ;)

And if that bricks it, I'll still be able to use the power/up usb ADB recovery method, can't I? ;)

Edited by Luke2642

Guest Sebastian404
Ah-ha! Excellent! Thanks seb ;)

And if that bricks it, I'll still be able to use the power/up usb ADB recovery method, can't I? ;)

In THEORY you should be able to use the recovery update images from the B08/B05 to restore it too, unless ZTE have got yet another batch of screens ... would not surprise me if we're on the 4th screen type now :D

nope thats all I need, romdump does not touch any of your userdata, its just the boot/recovery/system partitions and some info about the device so I can make an update image for it.

How hard would it be to make romdump save a zip that could be flashed with clockwork? It seems strange & needlessly difficult for it to save dumps in a totally different format which can't be easily flashed.

It seems all the info is there, just in the wrong format. If it did that automatically it'd save a lot of work. I can see how to convert it manually, but it looks like quite a lot of tedious work & most people wouldn't have a clue how to do it. Do you have any scripts or other programs to automatically convert romdump files into clockworkmod files?

Edited by wbaw

Guest Sebastian404
How hard would it be to make romdump save a zip that could be flashed with clockwork? It seems strange & needlessly difficult for it to save dumps in a totally different format which can't be easily flashed.

It seems all the info is there, just in the wrong format. If it did that automatically it'd save a lot of work. I can see how to convert it manually, but it looks like quite a lot of tedious work & most people wouldn't have a clue how to do it. Do you have any scripts or other programs to automatically convert romdump files into clockworkmod files?

The purpose of romdump is to create files that can be used to create update files that are the basis of all the customized roms.... it takes extra information about a device that a clockworkmod backup would not.

If you need a file that can flashed with clockworkmod recovery, its a standard nandroid file, there are lot of other things than can create those, including clockworkmod recovery.

Guest hecatae

http://android-dls.com/wiki/index.php?titl...ack_Boot_Images

OUK_P729BV1.0.0B10.zip download:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/x5oicc

downloading now.

The purpose of romdump is to create files that can be used to create update files that are the basis of all the customized roms.... it takes extra information about a device that a clockworkmod backup would not.

If you need a file that can flashed with clockworkmod recovery, its a standard nandroid file, there are lot of other things than can create those, including clockworkmod recovery.

I meant have it generate an update.zip rather than system.img. Any extra data could be kept in another file that'd be ignored by clockwork. It'd mean there would be less to change & it'd be easier to create a customised rom. Also, it'd work as a backup with no mods. Most of the info from system.info.gz seems to be (or could be included) in an update script. If I was a rom builder, I'd have written a script to convert system.info.gz to an update script.

I know clockwork & other tools can backup the phone too, but they change the recovery image, so to get a proper original backup of your phone it takes quite a few steps, the easiest way seems to be to combine backups from romdump & clockwork. It isn't as easy as it could be.

Guest Sebastian404
I meant have it generate an update.zip rather than system.img. Any extra data could be kept in another file that'd be ignored by clockwork. It'd mean there would be less to change & it'd be easier to create a customised rom. Also, it'd work as a backup with no mods. Most of the info from system.info.gz seems to be (or could be included) in an update script. If I was a rom builder, I'd have written a script to convert system.info.gz to an update script.

I know clockwork & other tools can backup the phone too, but they change the recovery image, so to get a proper original backup of your phone it takes quite a few steps, the easiest way seems to be to combine backups from romdump & clockwork. It isn't as easy as it could be.

Wait, are you talking about creating an update.zip on the device itself? I guess that's possible, but I've allways found its usefull to have a human look at the files, there often seems to be extra stuff you'd not want in a 'stock' recovery... one 'un-touched' dump I got had a load of mp3s put into the media/ringtone directory...

Also I'm lazy, its simpler for me to remove the files by hand and repack than write the code to automate it...

Guest Sebastian404

I'm going to go out and spend 10 dollahs of my hard (ha!) cash this afternoon in an internet cafe so I can upload all the roms to my server, and then I'll fire them over to a FTP site that Phoenix Silver has very kindly proved...

Except a full range of roms later today then.

I'm going to go out and spend 10 dollahs of my hard (ha!) cash this afternoon in an internet cafe so I can upload all the roms to my server, and then I'll fire them over to a FTP site that Phoenix Silver has very kindly proved...

Except a full range of roms later today then.

Thank you very much!

Guest Luke2642
what does *ZTE*CHIPINFO#say about your screen?

Unfortunately I've now updated to Paul's R11 so I don't have the stock dialer. Can I just install an apk to run it temporarily or will that bugger things up? Is there another test I could do?

Wait, are you talking about creating an update.zip on the device itself? I guess that's possible, but I've allways found its usefull to have a human look at the files, there often seems to be extra stuff you'd not want in a 'stock' recovery... one 'un-touched' dump I got had a load of mp3s put into the media/ringtone directory...

Also I'm lazy, its simpler for me to remove the files by hand and repack than write the code to automate it...

Yeah, exactly, have romdump generate a working update.zip which could be edited by any custom rom builder, or left as is for a usable backup.

I'm pretty lazy too, but maybe a different type of lazy. If I was producing lots of customised roms, I'd have automated it as much as possible. It could still save the .info.gz files too.

Edited by wbaw

Guest 90180360

Ok,- Mobile (Switzerland): ZTE San Francisco

OCH_P_P729BV1.0.0B01

ro.build.version.release=2.1-update1

ro.build.date=Tue Oct 19 06:15:35 CST 2010

ro.build.sw_internal_version=OCH_P_P729BV1.0.0B04

ro.build.display.id=OCH_P_P729BV1.0.0B01

ro.com.google.gmsversion=2.1_r10

OCH_P_P729BV1.0.0B01_image.rar MD5: 5bbbd5c5eedd6b3bbf721cb5ef7ff437

:P

Edited by 90180360

Guest Sebastian404
Thank you very much!

Well, that didn't workout too well...

Im going to be traveling for the rest of this week, I'll see if I come across any better internets as I go

Guest 90180360

Orange (Switzerland): San Francisco

OCH_P729BV1.0.0B05

ro.build.version.release=2.1-update1

ro.build.date=Fri Oct 22 11:11:14 CST 2010

ro.build.sw_internal_version=OCH_P729BV1.0.0B11

ro.build.display.id=OCH_P729BV1.0.0B05

ro.com.google.gmsversion=2.1_r9

OCH_P729BV1.0.0B05_image.rar MD5: ce436f3e48e9e5843b7f1d2798d1faba