desperate for wireless help please - has to go back today if cant be fixed

Guest rockrat

Guest rockrat

please i need some help and advice. i have asked on other threads with no reply that helps

i have the vega. i have tryd to connect to various wifi's i have access to at work, the families and my own.

all these have differing types of secrity, WEP , WPA2 etc and it simply will not connect toi any of them. i does see them, and will attempt but just will not connect.

however, if i remove the security altogether then it works fine.

i have tryd it at a BT openzone and it works fine (unsecured), so came home and set up a wifi router in the house that was unsecured and it connected straight away..... but obviously thats not what i want..i cant really leave an open network at home.

so, what the hell is the problem, and why wont it connect?

if i cant resolve this, then i am gonna have to send it back which is not what i want to do really

Guest swarrans
please i need some help and advice. i have asked on other threads with no reply that helps

i have the vega. i have tryd to connect to various wifi's i have access to at work, the families and my own.

all these have differing types of secrity, WEP , WPA2 etc and it simply will not connect toi any of them. i does see them, and will attempt but just will not connect.

however, if i remove the security altogether then it works fine.

i have tryd it at a BT openzone and it works fine (unsecured), so came home and set up a wifi router in the house that was unsecured and it connected straight away..... but obviously thats not what i want..i cant really leave an open network at home.

so, what the hell is the problem, and why wont it connect?

if i cant resolve this, then i am gonna have to send it back which is not what i want to do really

Imnot sure what your particular issue is but stay with it and try to work out what is wrong because clearly the vega does work with secured networks - is your wep code case sensitive?

Guest jorgthegreat
Imnot sure what your particular issue is but stay with it and try to work out what is wrong because clearly the vega does work with secured networks - is your wep code case sensitive?

Has a similar issue, was stuck at obtaining ip address but got around it by assigning a static ip. Seem to remember this happening with my ipod touch so must be my router.

Guest DPuppet

Yeah I had a problem with my Zyxel router connection, it was configured with WEP security from ages back - the Vega would try to connect, obtain IP address then disconnect (ad infinitum). Didn't upgrade router firmware but by other suggestions changed security to WPA2 and then it connected fine - maybe try giving that another go? Good luck man

Guest Thresherinc

I have a problem with my Desire it won't connect to a wireless station unless it's broadcasting its ID.

I've tried quite a few solutions but nothing except broadcasting seems to work.

In the end I decided to live with it broadcasting its ID.

I mention this just in case it's the same problem you're having.