Site Notice - We are currently investigating an issue with missing download links. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. PaulOBrien

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

A Quick, simple DIY stand

26 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

This took me all of 5 minutes to do, yes it's rough n ready but it works rather well and seems stable.

IMG_8276.jpg

All you need is a bit of 3x2 and 3 screws/nails and some tape

IMG_8278.jpg

I used medical tape, the type that's like cloth, to cover the screws so they wouldn't scratch the Vega.

It's only to b used temporarily until I can get a proper dock.

Posted · Report post

Stick an apple logo on it and there's £55 quid right there :P

Posted · Report post

Stick an apple logo on it and there's £55 quid right there :P

We're not going down this road of people making stands out of dog s*** and sellotape just to show that it's possible!

I think we could all come up with some form of rubbish looking stand but we want to see quality efforts on here please.

After all, this is a hackorz forum is it not?

Posted · Report post

I look forward to seeing some reat results. I would love a good one.

Ps,, hey makro, i'm utrt on twitter :P

Posted · Report post

I must say iam impressed with that.

Link says it is the 'compact' version which you can get from loads of places for around £13.

I guess the bonus would be it's very portable and can easily be adjusted to various positions.

Posted · Report post

That's mine:

5167592980_e970711dd0_z.jpg

5167593860_d413c425cd_z.jpg

Posted · Report post

I like the gorillapod idea.

Posted · Report post

the gorillapod idea is good if you already have one

i just bought a cheap adjustable stand from ebay for just under a tenner

Posted · Report post

I've also been looking at cheap business card desk stands and plate stands to see if any can be modified for use.

Posted · Report post

Here is my stand...

IMAG0100.jpg

IMAG0101.jpg

:P

Could use a smaller spindle for a greater lean angle perhaps.

Posted · Report post

Tonyyeb, how did you change the Facebook and Twitter etc icons and the bottom right and can these be changed for other shortcuts?

Posted · Report post

Tonyyeb, how did you change the Facebook and Twitter etc icons and the bottom right and can these be changed for other shortcuts?

It happened when I installed the official facebook and twitter apps. They link to them now rather than the websites.

Posted · Report post

It happened when I installed the official facebook and twitter apps. They link to them now rather than the websites.

Thanks. Do anyone know if there is anyway of change them other things has my girls dont use facebook etc and i would like them to link to Cebeebies for example

Posted · Report post

Thanks. Do anyone know if there is anyway of change them other things has my girls dont use facebook etc and i would like them to link to Cebeebies for example

That's something I'd like to know, want to change twitter to tweetdeck and browser to opera.

OH and as for stands, I've found a picture frame/plate stand on fleabay that looks pretty decent and is adjustable.

plate stand on fleabay

Posted · Report post

Some Ipad owners have been using the Gorillapod flexible camera tripod.

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/07/how...ome-ipad-stand/

That's genius! Been faffing around with bits of wood and plastic trying to make a stand for my Commtiva N700 all afternoon, whilst having 3 Gorillpod's (of varying sizes) in my camera bag...

Sometimes it's the most blindingly obvious that escapes you isn't it?

Posted · Report post

Like this? Its a brilliant idea i have to say

post-108174-1290970230_thumb.jpg

post-108174-1290970368_thumb.jpg

post-108174-1290970281_thumb.jpg

Posted · Report post

I look forward to seeing some reat results. I would love a good one.

Ps,, hey makro, i'm utrt on twitter :P

Ahh, its you!

Posted (edited) · Report post

Like this? Its a brilliant idea i have to say

Yep!

tabpic%203.jpg

(Sorry for the non-Vega content!)

Edited by ccs-digital

Posted · Report post

Anyone any ideas for a wallmount?

Posted · Report post

I guess any wallmount for a small flat screen TV could be easily modified to hold a Vega I've been thinking of modifying a desk mounted angle poise stand myself :P

Posted · Report post

I am particularly proud of this piece of ingenuity, I got a laptop cooler from pound land (for a pound), I firstly removed the screw fixed USB fan, I removed 2 of the sponge rubber feet and found a screw sized hole underneath. I inserted 2 long screws and tightened until they were stable but didn’t crack the plastic, then I glued 2 bits of the removed sponge rubber to the screw heads to stop slippage and stuck some of that none stick matting to the top. My Vega now sits at a convenient web browsing / typing angle. It’s the wrong angle to watch video etc. but sits nicely on the arm of the couch, allowing me to browse and watch TV (just like the netbook that’s now sat on the coffee table did, my wife helpfully pointed out)

post-60410-1291043210_thumb.jpg

post-60410-1291043227_thumb.jpg

post-60410-1291043246_thumb.jpg

post-60410-1291043254_thumb.jpg

Posted · Report post

@paulwrench

Good skills sir! I like it!

Posted · Report post

Well after you posted that I had a though, and went ond mounted it on my fat gecko camera mount.

Totally not what you are looking for, but will work a treat as in car mount.

IMG_8304.jpg

IMG_8307.jpg