HELP REQUIRED

Guest David_P

Guest David_P

Hi all,

I hope someone can help me...I have apps 2 sd r9 build but device no longer recognises the SD card.

I can see all partitions on the card without issue in ubuntu and the fat32 partition is seen in windows. The card is fine just the phone wont read it.

I tried to get to in to recovery in order to re-flash but wiped and only then realised the errors were saying cannot mount SD or no access to mtdblock or something. Anyway, I now have no phone and RUU wont work as it wont recognise the phone from recovery and from bootloader says not enough battery no matter how charged it is.

HELP!

How do i get the device to read the sd card again. It is s-off and was root so any help greatly appreciated.

David

Mount the SD card in Ubuntu and copy as much data as possible from the SD partitions and unmount.

Then open a root terminal and do a "dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/YOURSDCARD". This will delete everything on the device selected with "of=".

If this process ends with an error message different to "no space left", then you have to create a new partition table on the SD and create one fat partition. Mount it and do the following in a terminal "cp /dev/zero /media/YOURSD/file".

If this also gives an error other than "no space left", then your SD should be replaced.

If everything runs fine, you can build your old partition scheme again and copy all data back. Now your phone will recognize SD again.

Guest David_P

had already copied everything from the fat32 patition of the sd and gparted it as new again. Treied another sd in the phone and recovery wont recognise that either. I now only have hboot recovery and fastboot to work with as main OS wont do a thing.

I try to run an RUU to completely reset it to stock but it still wont work correctly as I can't start it from booted in the OS.

Device with HTC warranty repair now, I just hope that having Alphrev S-Off doesn't mean they charge me :-S

Wish me luck!

Good luck but I think doing this step will have worked just fine, as I had the same problem as you did!

"Enable the SD Card functionality. Boot your phone in FASTBOOT mode (back + power), and enter this command: 'fastboot oem enableqxdm 0' . This will re-enable your SD card."

Guest David_P
Good luck but I think doing this step will have worked just fine, as I had the same problem as you did!

"Enable the SD Card functionality. Boot your phone in FASTBOOT mode (back + power), and enter this command: 'fastboot oem enableqxdm 0' . This will re-enable your SD card."

I had already performed that but still had errors.

Guest BashyUK
I had already performed that but still had errors.

It will have been faulty h/w mate, I've had 2 in a row with that issue, 1st exchanged second repaired, on the way back to me. Must have been a shtty batch about.

Guest Mr Taylor

Hi,

I tried the fastboot oem enable qxdm 0 method in an effort to get my sd card working and get 'FAILED (Status malformed (1 bytes))' Any ideas, I am stuck?

And, to make matters worse, bl**dy thing wont start charging when its on, but will when its off and then charges when on... aaaargh ;)

Edited by Mr Taylor

Guest BashyUK
Not sure why as their quotations don't say, but not warranty so having to pay.

Ah gutted for you man ;) how much?

Must have been the s-off that gave it away, that's where me having a blank screen saved me I think!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest David_P
Ah gutted for you man :( how much?

Must have been the s-off that gave it away, that's where me having a blank screen saved me I think!

As it happened, the charge was because they replaced my battery cover with cracked camera lens plastic. 11.75 The rest was covered under warranty :-)

As it happened, the charge was because they replaced my battery cover with cracked camera lens plastic. 11.75 The rest was covered under warranty :-)

For the future - you can always S-ON device without need of sdcard by flashing original RUU executable with bootloader from PC.

Guest David_P
For the future - you can always S-ON device without need of sdcard by flashing original RUU executable with bootloader from PC.

1. There is no RUU for Orange and 2. It wouldn't even run an RUU when I tried, gave me a CID error of some sort as I recall. All sorted now though.