• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Can I make the notification bar smaller?

23 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I think it's a bit excessive on this size screen. Is is possible to make it thinner, so it does come down the screen as far?

Posted · Report post

+1 for a solution

Posted · Report post

+1 for a solution

I guess its that big for the home, back and options buttons. I'd also like to see it made smaller if not disappeared completely with either floating buttons or those replaced by gestures.

Rob

Posted · Report post

For me the size is about right really considering it has the home and the back buttons on it ... Any smaller and I know my big paws wouldnt cope ...

Make it transparent or be able to change the colour though ... that would be usefull

Posted · Report post

I take the point about the home and back buttons. Perhaps they could be in the corners and the rest of the bar made smaller.

Posted · Report post

I think it should auto hide like the windows taskbar. Free up some screen real estate when using the stock web browser!

Posted · Report post

has anyone tried adw.launcher?, you can swipe up and hide/show the notification bar.

Posted · Report post

Hi,

I am using a app called estrongs file Explorer to help stream media from a nas drive, however part of the programme I belive is behind the notification bar?

Is there any way to hide the bar temporarily or make the app run full screen?

Regards

Posted · Report post

Hi,

I am using a app called estrongs file Explorer to help stream media from a nas drive, however part of the programme I belive is behind the notification bar?

Is there any way to hide the bar temporarily or make the app run full screen?

Regards

it shouldn't be behind the NB, must be a bug.

Posted · Report post

I've just found an option to hide the NB in Launcher Pro. Now I just have to find how to get it back!

Posted · Report post

Problem sorted, Was a bit of a noob with android issue. However can confirm ES wont steam anything I tried to launch either tried to transfer or wouldn't recognise the file type. Looking forward to so

me sort of fix.

Posted · Report post

I've just found an option to hide the NB in Launcher Pro. Now I just have to find how to get it back!

Long press the return key on the home screen and you get a soft key to bring up notifications.

Posted · Report post

I think it's a bit excessive on this size screen. Is is possible to make it thinner, so it does come down the screen as far?

Yes get root explorer and grant it root permishions go into system/ then look for build.prop open it with edit permishions and look for LCD density value and change it by 10-20 incriments lower eachtime untill your happy with the screen resoulotion dont forget to reboot the tablet when you save and exit from root explorer.

Posted · Report post

I am working on this for a forthcoming mod. :P

P

Posted · Report post

heh googling about a thin notification bar brings me back this this thread.

Posted · Report post

Yes get root explorer and grant it root permishions go into system/ then look for build.prop open it with edit permishions and look for LCD density value and change it by 10-20 incriments lower eachtime untill your happy with the screen resoulotion dont forget to reboot the tablet when you save and exit from root explorer.

I can't find the LCD Density Value anywhere in the build.prop file.

Posted · Report post

I can't find the LCD Density Value anywhere in the build.prop file.

Download an app called LCD Density from the Market. It is quicker than changing the build.prop file.

Posted · Report post

Download an app called LCD Density from the Market. It is quicker than changing the build.prop file.

Was thinking of trying that one, does it work properly with the vega?

Posted · Report post

Do you really wanna change the density though or just have a thin notification bar?

P

Posted · Report post

Do you really wanna change the density though or just have a thin notification bar?

P

Good point, but I remember from the Galaxy S that changing the density had some nice advantages... Things seemed sharper, more space, etc so I can see the merits for it.

Posted · Report post

Good point, but I remember from the Galaxy S that changing the density had some nice advantages... Things seemed sharper, more space, etc so I can see the merits for it.

Problem from my experiments are that to get the notification bar to approach normal size you end up with tiny icons and lots of empty space.

Posted · Report post

Was thinking of trying that one, does it work properly with the vega?

I have my Vega set to 150 instead of 160. Things look a little more crisp.