[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Oh.. a bit confused, are you referring to GB icons in the app drawer as well? I selected the GB pack but don't see changes in icons but only the theme?

No, the icons aren't themed (they're not much different on GB to be honest!)

P

Incidentally, it doesnt matter yet, but when an update arrives for these ROMs, whats the best way to go about updating? Because I've always wondered where all the user settings are stored and stuff, and if updating overwrites anything like this. Can an 'update-only' version be made that only overwrites the things that have actually been changed or is that a terrible idea?

It's not really a request, just more pondering out of interest ;)

Edited by jtc42

Guest XenoPhoenix
Just baked and flashed r10 and my pulldown is semi transparent on the background...

P

I can confirm this, I just upgraded with no wipe from r8 (with frankish's gingerbread theme) -> r10 and my pull down is now transparent

Great work finally smacking the wifi bugs, that was my only major complaint from before and now it's pretty much perfect ;)

Guest whatcolour
Just baked and flashed r10 and my pulldown is semi transparent on the background...

P

Yes, they are transparent on mine as well. Don't mind about GB icons too :-)

One very minor issue - the calendar and calendar widget icons are currently mdpi, is it possible to have hdpi in the next release (that is if you have time)?

Aggh! With r10 I can't read the clock!

It's white on a light-grey status bar. How do I make it black again?

Also the message icon is middle-grey with white lines showing on a light-grey status bar - it looks like a filthy smudge.

The status-bar date still shows back (thankfully) when I press on the status bar.

Can these things be changed back?

And... any chance of turning off (or commenting out) these debug messages which show up at the rate of nearly 40 per second:

<7>[01-17 17:49:10.797011] [535: akmd2]evbug.c: Event. Dev: input2, Type: 3, Code: 1, Value: -105

<7>[01-17 17:49:10.797011] [535: akmd2]evbug.c: Event. Dev: input2, Type: 0, Code: 0, Value: 0

<7>[01-17 17:49:10.908973] [535: akmd2]evbug.c: Event. Dev: input2, Type: 3, Code: 1, Value: -92

<7>[01-17 17:49:10.908973] [535: akmd2]evbug.c: Event. Dev: input2, Type: 0, Code: 0, Value: 0

P

Sorry Paul, I think I am getting confused or trying to confuse you anyway ;-)

Back on page 128 you show a screenshot, that has the gingerbread status bar with gingerbread icon for WiFi etc, do I need to install a theme to achieve the same as the screenshot, or is this included in the gingerbread pack in the kitchen?

Mm with R8 all my contacts had their Facebook picture as contact picture, with R10 none of my contacts have their Facebook picture as contact picture, is this only me, or do other people have this same problem?

Aggh! With r10 I can't read the clock!

It's white on a light-grey status bar. How do I make it black again?

Also the message icon is middle-grey with white lines showing on a light-grey status bar - it looks like a filthy smudge.

I got the same issue, I was hoping for a black bar, then the white would be no problem...

Did you two build the rom with the gingerbread pack added?

So this seems to be the problem, the theme is not flashing, thst what I have the white bar with white text, i also thought it would be a black bar as per screenshot on pg128

Did you two build the rom with the gingerbread pack added?

Yes, I think it is enabled by default, only removed a few packages I install from Market anyway. Any change to 'fix' it without reflashing?

Guest XenoPhoenix
Mm with R8 all my contacts had their Facebook picture as contact picture, with R10 none of my contacts have their Facebook picture as contact picture, is this only me, or do other people have this same problem?

Yeah I'm having this issue too, I just re logged into Face book and selected the "Sync with existing contacts option" then forced a sync and still nothing ;)

Yeah I'm having this issue too, I just re logged into Face book and selected the "Sync with existing contacts option" then forced a sync and still nothing :)

Not only me then, hoping for a quick small fix for this problem, then it's the perfect rom! ;)

Guest Simon O
So this seems to be the problem, the theme is not flashing, thst what I have the white bar with white text, i also thought it would be a black bar as per screenshot on pg128

Sounds like the framework-res.apk isn't being replaced.

Not only me then, hoping for a quick small fix for this problem, then it's the perfect rom! ;)

Tried it too, weird it was working on r7 :).

Removed the account and added it again and getting an error that it can't sign in...

Edited by RalfB

Guest Simon O
If you have a white clock and want it to be black then take the services.jar from a pre r10 rom. The time colour is set and controlled by this guys!

If the rom is built without the gingerbread pack then the theme and clock will be right. Sounds like the gingerbread pack is changing the services.jar but not replacing framework-res.apk which it should do. Probably a small oversight from Paul.

Guest nedian05

Same with me. I then synchronised all contacts, it loaded the facebook contacts but not the existing contacts.

Guest Simon O
Yeah I'm having this issue too, I just re logged into Face book and selected the "Sync with existing contacts option" then forced a sync and still nothing ;)

Is it syncing the information though? Can you see facebook information inside the contacts app?

Guest HELLienadO
One question, I have a portuguese sapo a5 device, the in call sound from the ear speaker is a bit low at maximum volume setting, is there a way of tweaking this, to increase it? thank you.

Anyone? ;)

Guest savior7
If the rom is built without the gingerbread pack then the theme and clock will be right. Sounds like the gingerbread pack is changing the services.jar but not replacing framework-res.apk which it should do. Probably a small oversight from Paul.

Is there any way to fix this?

Guest coolasmoo

Hi There,

Sorry if i have missed this, but how is the hardware acceleration with this rom?

Is it ok to use now or are there still issue with it on,

Just asking as i would like to get baking up some r10 romage ;)

Thanks for this rom Paul and also for supporting the Vega