[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi, do I have to wipe if I install releases after r8 or just for r8?

Is the wifi dropping when screen is blanked issue fixed now?

I'm running r3 now I believe btw.

Cheers

Guest Totyasrác
Hi, do I have to wipe if I install releases after r8 or just for r8?

Is the wifi dropping when screen is blanked issue fixed now?

I'm running r3 now I believe btw.

Cheers

If you are running anything pre-r8 and want to upgrade to r8 or higher - wipe is mandatory (due kernel change).

Hence if you are already using r8 or higher and want to upgrade no more wipe required (as of now of course, at least up to r11 it is the situation).

Guest Andymac1969

I would like to thank you for all the work on these excellent ROM's R11 has worked very well and super smooth and fast, but, my GPS is a nightmare, it just will not get a lock, Google Navigation shows me almost to the spot where I am, but it will not lock, and so will not navigate, the phone nearly went out the car window today, anybody else got an issue with GPS?

Andrew

Guest Phoenix Silver
I would like to thank you for all the work on these excellent ROM's R11 has worked very well and super smooth and fast, but, my GPS is a nightmare, it just will not get a lock, Google Navigation shows me almost to the spot where I am, but it will not lock, and so will not navigate, the phone nearly went out the car window today, anybody else got an issue with GPS?

Andrew

have you tried to change /system/etc/gps.conf

i have changed mine to this

NTP_SERVER=fr.pool.ntp.org

(replace fr by your country uk us ............)

XTRA_SERVER_1=http://xtra1.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin

XTRA_SERVER_2=http://xtra2.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin

XTRA_SERVER_3=http://xtra3.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin

# DEBUG LEVELS: 0 - none, 1 - Error, 2 - Warning, 3 - Info

# 4 - Debug, 5 - Verbose

DEBUG_LEVEL = 3

# Intermediate position report, 1=enable, 0=disable

INTERMEDIATE_POS=0

# Accuracy threshold for intermediate positions

# less accurate positions are ignored, 0 for passing all positions

# ACCURACY_THRES=5000

################################

##### AGPS server settings #####

# FOR SUPL SUPPORT, set the following

# SUPL_HOST=supl.host.com or IP

# SUPL_PORT=1234

# FOR C2K PDE SUPPORT, set the following

# C2K_HOST=c2k.pde.com or IP

# C2K_PORT=1234

# EXTRA SETTINGS

SUPL_HOST=supl.google.com

SUPL_PORT=7276

red line are the modifictations

just some feedback about froyo kitchen bake r11 dated 19/01/2011

eats my battery life like no tomorrow

even if I turn off wifi when I leave the house

that said ... wifi does seem to (mostly) stay on despite screen sleep which I'm happy about (and need)

one weird thing ... when I plug it into charge its then that the wifi seems to wobble and switch off (till I wake the screen pressing the power button lightly)

then it comes back ... does this a couple of times till it eventually stays on while being charged

almost the reverse of the original problem

big hat off you Paul and others for the hard work they do ... you ARE appreciated

keep up the great work

looking forward to 2.3 some time ;)

edit

just a note about weak gps nav (co-pilot), it is otherwise very good on 2.1

wouldnt lock at all today (v cloudy and misty here thus that will weaken gps signals ... but not to the extent where I get NO lock)

also seemingly 20dB less on wifi signal strength from my own AP ... goes back to max strength when I revert to 2.1

(measured using wifi analyzer)

Edited by jzaw

Guest webtaster

Since updating from R6 to R11 I can't seem to find the terminal app any more.. Is that something that I should have selected in the kitchen ?

Cheers

Phil.

Guest skymera
Since updating from R6 to R11 I can't seem to find the terminal app any more.. Is that something that I should have selected in the kitchen ?

Cheers

Phil.

You can find it free in the market.

Guest bryanmxgbr

I'm making my first post to say big thank you to Paul and all contributors to the forum for all their work. This is my first smart-phone and after a few false starts (oled update on tft blue screen omg! ;) ) I am now ad free and running r11 with no issues everything works great including wifi and I am so impressed with what you can do with this phone for the money its an fantastic deal. Looking forward to trying more roms and learning more from everyone here thanks again.

Guest Andymac1969
have you tried to change /system/etc/gps.conf

i have changed mine to this

NTP_SERVER=fr.pool.ntp.org

(replace fr by your country uk us ............)

XTRA_SERVER_1=http://xtra1.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin

XTRA_SERVER_2=http://xtra2.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin

XTRA_SERVER_3=http://xtra3.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin

# DEBUG LEVELS: 0 - none, 1 - Error, 2 - Warning, 3 - Info

# 4 - Debug, 5 - Verbose

DEBUG_LEVEL = 3

# Intermediate position report, 1=enable, 0=disable

INTERMEDIATE_POS=0

# Accuracy threshold for intermediate positions

# less accurate positions are ignored, 0 for passing all positions

# ACCURACY_THRES=5000

##### AGPS server settings #####

# FOR SUPL SUPPORT, set the following

# SUPL_HOST=supl.host.com or IP

# SUPL_PORT=1234

# FOR C2K PDE SUPPORT, set the following

# C2K_HOST=c2k.pde.com or IP

# C2K_PORT=1234

# EXTRA SETTINGS

SUPL_HOST=supl.google.com

SUPL_PORT=7276

red line are the modifictations

Hi, and thank you for the feedback, not sure how to get edited xml files back onto the phone to alter the settings, how do you connect the phone in order to put them back on it. In the mean time I have done a complete wipe baked another ROM, and it is now locking on 7 satellites after a few seconds and Google Navigation is locking my position in a few seconds, weird

Andrew

Guest Len Ash
Hi, and thank you for the feedback, not sure how to get edited xml files back onto the phone to alter the settings, how do you connect the phone in order to put them back on it. In the mean time I have done a complete wipe baked another ROM, and it is now locking on 7 satellites after a few seconds and Google Navigation is locking my position in a few seconds, weird

Andrew

Use ADB... via USB

Edited by Len Ash

Guest Phoenix Silver

Andrew

commands are

adb remount

adb pull /system/etc/gps.conf

edit the file with any text editor

save

quit

adb push gps.conf /system/etc

these lines make the phone to look to the nearest ntp server in your location

help for gps fix

Guest targetbsp

Ok, I ran out of patience and tried it lol. It's awesome! Was previously using overclocked JJ and with this one Angry birds is faster, the Worms pre-release is smooth in high detail where it wasn't before even in low, mechanics touch 2 runs fine whereas the v2 update had a horrible framerate on my last rom. Quadrant is 930 vs 400-odd (there might be stagefright stuff here? - but it's the app performance thats converted me anyhow)

As promised, I'm now Adfree. ;)

Edited by targetbsp

Guest fonix232

After testing it, the "facebook sync doubles contacts" bug still appears. Somewhy, the syncing does not do the contacts merging. Could someone fix this? I hate having 164 contacts instead of 92...

Version: rls11

Edited by fonix232

r7
Fixed email app
HSDPA icon differentiation
FM radio app
Exit alpha status
Updated Spare Parts
Menu button no longer unlocks screen (kitchen selectable option)
Semi transparent status bar pulldown
Removed broken widgets

So... I have another question, which one is better? the "flb-froyo-blade-r6"(you know 'danz0l') or your "prebaked r7"(Paul)
Thanks. Edited by Tahsin

Guest juniperz
eats my battery life like no tomorrow

That's odd - I was thinking the opposite today. Unplugged at 7am and still had 70% by 6pm.

Bluetooth on for a couple of hours, a few calls and texts, Lotus Traveler syncing email every 15mins.

Probably my best day yet with the Blade for battery, though admittedly no Wifi, not much fiddling with settings, no games or web, 2G not 3G - but that is more like my typical work day, so maybe I could get 2 days out of it...

Guest justpig

Thanks for the ROM (r11). All works well, except the gps, google navigate will not lock.

try uninstalling google maps and reinstall it via the market.

Did not work. It finds a gps lock. application then comes up with checking navigation availability then loses gps.

I can't find a select all option in the email app, bit of a pain when I want to delete a lot of emails.

I'm sure it was there on other roms.

Edited by Ibcus

Guest Nick Rhodes

Three times in 2 day, I've come back to my phone after its been asleep and I've lost my mobile network. WiFi reconnected fine, but when I tried to make a call no network (so not just an icon issue). Is a bit annoying.

I'm running stock dialler/contacts/launcher (not ZTE/Ginger bits).

Battery life - 12 hours and down to 55%, including an hour of facebook/twitter/BBC News on the train to work and home, about 15mins of calls - seems to be as good 2.1

Guest Frankish

Some small updates for my themes.

Some updates...

All Gingerbread Variants now have transparent notification background.

Fixed ticker text is some Gingerbread variants...how did we all miss this????

Elegant Steel total re-haul of theme...it's nice!

Galaxy S added as many blue highlights to replace orange as i can, any others are controlled by your apps!

;)

Guest Storm3y

Greetings,

I'm looking to install the R7 version. I have Alpha 3 on currently and I'd like to do a full wipe of the SD card and what ever is installed on the device.

What is the best way to do this?

Regards.