[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

So... I have another question, which one is better? the "flb-froyo-blade-r6"(you know 'danz0l') or your "prebaked r7"(Paul)

Thanks.

Why not just wait a while - r11 will be released very shortly prebaked

or pay the £10 to go ad free and get r11 now it's well worth it

Guest redironman

Just a note on battery life (...or death?)

Yesterday decided I would turn off San Fran as working in a hospital with very poor signal coverage and didn't want the distraction.

From 8am to 4pm the battery went from 98% to 21%!!!

Today decided to leave it switched on but airplane mode.

From 9am to 3pm the battery went from 98% to 72%!!!

Err counter logical?

Guest HELLienadO

Hi Frankish, take a look at these png's that I use to replace on the paul's rom with gingerbread theme, notice the smileys and spinners that I've made myself, and some others too, you might like them.

Cheers

Edited by HELLienadO

Guest redironman
try calibrating the battery? might help as it does seem like a weird issue.

************This is probably not really relevant to this thread but the key thing here was that I had plenty charge left after 6hrs of phone running which was ************almost impossible before R11 - kudos to Paul.

I have done the calibration tip with this battery too and now battery left says full battery life 10:56 hours.

Spare parts reports "Android System" as a big partial wake user and various others barely a discernible line - with R11

Here's the backstory...

I recently got a ZTE battery and standalone charger of the bay - really good and good service too.

Mainly because I had left the phone switched off (to save battery - doh!)overnight and by morning the battery was flat.

So I followed the tip re: calibrating and after a few days battery left was saying total battery time of 8hours. (had previously been about 6.5).

Left phone switched off again overnight - battery dead in morning.

So got new 1300mAh battery fully charged it up put it in the phone and now consistently getting 11-12 hours of "real" use (i.e. some calls/texts/tweets/fbook etc and plenty of idle, 3g enabled almost all of the time.

Guest Shadey1

I've made an interesting discovery about the contacts.

In handcent some of my contacts without pictures are showing up with facebook profile pics. I know this isn't from previous releases as I wiped the phone this time, and it's a recent pic from today! Not all of them jsut some of them which is wierd. but in the main contacts page I'm showing that there is no picture. Using the stock contacts app R11.

Guest Frankish
I've made an interesting discovery about the contacts.

In handcent some of my contacts without pictures are showing up with facebook profile pics. I know this isn't from previous releases as I wiped the phone this time, and it's a recent pic from today! Not all of them jsut some of them which is wierd. but in the main contacts page I'm showing that there is no picture. Using the stock contacts app R11.

That's very interesting. Can we not just use contacts and contacts provider apks from flb rom? Making sure they are platform signed and clearing data on them?

Guest Shadey1

Let me add to this further, the conversation shows no picture, but when I open it up there is a pic next to the persons speech bubble! Colour me confused, Batman.

Guest ChundaMars
Thanks for the ROM (r11). All works well, except the gps, google navigate will not lock.

Did not work. It finds a gps lock. application then comes up with checking navigation availability then loses gps.

Having this issue also - also tried uninstalling Maps and reinstalling, no luck. Mine just doesn't find a GPS lock at all, sits there with the GPS symbol blinking away and never locks on, even standing outside with clear sky and a-GPS enabled. Has always worked on previous ROMs so know it's not a hardware issue either.

Tried using GPS Test from market, and have mixed results - on main page shows multiple satellites in view and in use, but accuracy always remains at 0.0 feet, and lat and long always just displaying string of 0s. Weird

Tried a search but did not find.

I can not download from market anymore, at first I could but not anymore.

What happens is that I go to modaco splash screen and then I have to put in SIM code as usual.

I cant update nor install new items.

Maybe it is a ROM thing I do not know thats why I say it here :lol:

/Erik

Guest NisseDILLIGAF

Great ROM Paul!

And BIG thanx to Frankish for his latest themes! Just what I wanted!! :)

No problem with r11 rom... working great ... GPS gets location really fast..

Battery seems to drain a little faster but I think a Battery Recalibration will fix that...

Only one bug now... the boxes in recent calls..!?

Any solution for this..? I thought that Frankish theme would fix this but it didn't :lol:

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=68889

Just a note on battery life. I am given to understand that when there is poor connectivity, cellphones ramp up their attempts to get a good connection and so pour more power into the receiver. So where there is poor connectivity, battery life will likely decrease.

Conversely, in airplane mode I believe the connections are disabled and so battery life will improve.

I don't think that this alone should explain the dramatic differences that have been experienced though.

Guest tyrol_gangster

r11: whenever I connect my phone using usb i get a full screen usb connected pop-up with a huge droid icon - any way to disable this and only have the usual 'via the notification area' option to turn mass storage on/off?

Guest ManMetDeHamer

I have been using r11 for the last 2 days. today i installed the japanese jellyfish r8 rom to test it.

and some how i get twice as much battery time from that rom.

I calibrated my battery when i was using the modaco rom, but it dint rly make a diffrence.

Guest juniperz
another feature-request: an option to disable/enable vibration when the call-receipient takes your call :lol:

I wouldn't disagree with the idea of an option, but I have decided I quite like it - if you are busy doing two things at once, this tells you they answered and you should start concentrating.

Guest juniperz
Great ROM Paul!

And BIG thanx to Frankish for his latest themes! Just what I wanted!! :)

No problem with r11 rom... working great ... GPS gets location really fast..

Battery seems to drain a little faster but I think a Battery Recalibration will fix that...

Only one bug now... the boxes in recent calls..!?

Any solution for this..? I thought that Frankish theme would fix this but it didn't :lol:

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=68889

This is exactly what I see, in fact I was about to post here about it.

I have R11, no additional theme, default kitchen options i.e. ZTE dialler.

Wow, lots of posts! :lol:

Right, let's try and deal with all the ones I can see:

- When will r11 prebake be available - as soon as this is stable and I don't need to make small changes quickly

- Unable to add Google account on Edge / 3G - I don't see this, I just added an account successfully on a mobile data connection

- Corrupt icons in call log - will investigate this

- Contacts unable to merge - will investigate this

- Facebook pics not syncing - could someone clarify - it's not overwriting existing pics or not syncing at all?

- No vibration option in power menu - this probably appears if you use the 'ZTE lockscreen'. I can probably port this over in time

- Menu unlock option no longer in the kitchen - this is now selected as default due to customised framework complexities (GB skin etc)

- Gingerbread keyboard setting to default - I don't see this at all

- Metamorph not working - i'll need more info on this

- Messaging app not switching to German - I think I know the fix for this, i'll check it out

I think a lot of the 'contact sync issues' are caused by using a SmartDialer compatible ContactsProvider, but I also know a lot of people like the SmartDialer (me included). Bah. :)

P

The Corrupt icons are only present with the ZTE Dialer.

With the Stock Dialer i get no arrows instead i get little screaming emos.

Edited by hacki

Guest robng15
Thanks for the ROM (r11). All works well, except the gps, google navigate will not lock.

Did not work. It finds a gps lock. application then comes up with checking navigation availability then loses gps.

I went on a long drive yesterday, using co-pilot as my navigator, gps locked instantly when I walked out of the house, and although it disconnected when I went through the tunnel near Stoke-On-Trent, it reconnected straight away as soon as I was out of the tunnel. I have not edited the gps.conf file.

This is exactly what I see, in fact I was about to post here about it.

I have R11, no additional theme, default kitchen options i.e. ZTE dialler.

I have those boxes as well - I never actually noticed till today I never looked.

I have the zte dialler I think - I did not tick this in the kitchen

Contacts installed to /system partition

This option includes the stock Contacts application. Note that selecting this option will remove ZTE Contacts AND ZTE Smartdial.