[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest deksman2
To remove WaveSecure, you'll have to delete com.wsandroid.com in system/app. :D You can do that on your computer before flashing the ROM on your Blade, or remove it with a root file explorer. For me the first method works great.

I see... you mean, removing it from system/app in the ROM image file.

Well, I already flashed it.

Hence my dilemma.

Root File Explorer?

I tried searching it on the market, but the only thing I get is File Manager, and that isn't showing me the option to remove Wavesecure.

EDIT: Solved the problem. Wavesecure is gone. My phone needs less time to shutdown now... go figure (not surprising).

Seriously, the ROM is nice, but get rid of that WaveSecure because it's just a nuisance.

Edited by deksman2

Guest Len Ash
Well I changed my Wi-Fi sleep policy.. "When screen turns off" to "Never", but the problem continues. Are there any other setting that I need to change. Also today, twice losing coverage to the operator for a minute : (

It isn't a "problem" - the WiFi will not remain active when set to never. It is a "feature" of the phone, not the firmware.

Guest glossywhite

Brilliant ROM, SO much faster than the stock Orange one on the White LCD SF.

Props where props are due :D

thanks!!!!

Edited by glossywhite

Guest quakkaz

hi, i installed R12 of this rom, after various false starts (accidentally installed a rom for the OLED version of the blade when the one i have is TFT)

anyway had R12 working perfectly. but after a week or so, started having problems, first it was the SD Card, it said it was corrupted and i needed to reformat it, but the format command on the phone wouldnt reformat it. anyway reformatted on the pc, but still the phone wouldnt read it. tried another card and it wouldnt read that either. so it seems the car reader is dead.

i did notice after i booted the machine it said something like android.process.media has an error and it is now closing. i guess that might be why it cant read the sdcard, it also means the camera app wont work either.

on top of that the screen has gone very dim, and it wont change, whatever display setting i select. occasionally the screen flickers bright, but only for a fraction of a second, and not very often.

I would like to reflash the rom back to the original Orange rom, so i can send it back to the shop, as im guessing it might have a hardware problem, but without access to the sdcard, i cant see how to do it. is there some way to do it over ADB?

this is quite urgent as the 30 day returns period is nearly up. can anyone help? cheers.

Guest Squigsy

H Paul

Hope you can help me. I attempted to install your R12 ZTE Blade release. I used Clockwork ROM Manager and got to the point where the MODACO illustration fills the screen. Left overnight but never proceeded any further.

Took battery out of phone and then turned the phione back on holding down Volume Down. This brought me back to ClockWork and I then followed the "Help it won't boot" instructions in Guide 2 of Steven Harpers post http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-the-zte-blade/ but Clockwork didnt seem to do anything at all when I tried to do any of the tasks. I also tried Stephen's Guide 5. How to Install Clockwork using Fastboot to ensure Clockwork was installed correctly. After that when I started the phone again it brought me to where the MODACO illustration fills the screen, but again it goes no further.

Im a newbie and can only assume I have done something wrong. Any ideas on how I can either get your ROM inslatted or get my phone back to some functionality.

Thanks

Squigsy

I have this rom installed everything works great however I cannot seem to get the predicitve text working. I press the Dic button and the keyboard just crashes down (swipes down and disapears) I can only work in "normal" mode of a keyboard with no help. Am I doing something wrong. I Cant seem to change the keyboard layout either in the "Language and keyboard" settings, I select e.g. "HTC_IME mod" or "gingerbread keyboard" however the selections are only the settings of the keyboard there is no checkbox for me to select? I open up the keyboard e.g. in messaging and its the same keyboard with the same problem.

Guest steevieboy4u
I have this rom installed everything works great however I cannot seem to get the predicitve text working. I press the Dic button and the keyboard just crashes down (swipes down and disapears) I can only work in "normal" mode of a keyboard with no help. Am I doing something wrong. I Cant seem to change the keyboard layout either in the "Language and keyboard" settings, I select e.g. "HTC_IME mod" or "gingerbread keyboard" however the selections are only the settings of the keyboard there is no checkbox for me to select? I open up the keyboard e.g. in messaging and its the same keyboard with the same problem.

Had the same problem, go to the settings and use the other keyboard. It now works fine for me

Hi all,

Today I've tried installing MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM r12 that I custom-cooked in the kitchen on my Orange San Francisco.

Everything seemed to be going fine until I tried to access the Market, at which point I kept getting a "The application Google Services Framework (process com.google.process.gapps) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" error, which prevented me from downloading any new apps.

I searched around the web for any solutions and tried various suggestions about disabling sync and deleting caches for the Contacts and various other apps, but none of this worked.

Interestingly, I noticed I didn't even have a Contacts app on that install, and the only app listed in the All Apps section of the Application Settings was called something like "Contacts Sync [something]" (sorry, can't remember what that last word was), which makes me wonder whether I was having problems because the Contacts app hadn't been installed properly? (By the way, I'm pretty sure I had the "Contacts installed to /system partition" option selected in the Kitchen.)

Anyway, after a few hours fiddling around I decided I'd try Flibble's r10b ROM instead, and to my joy that seems to be working fine! I can download and install things from the Market fine and I've not yet encountered any apps "unexpectedly stopping". So I think I'll stick with Flibble's ROM for the time being, seems as it's working for me right now.

However, I would in the future like to come back to these custom kitchen ROMs (especially as I've just recently paid for Ad Free membership...). So if anyone knows of a solution to the problems I was facing, please do let me know.

Incidentally, here are a few extra pieces of information about my (failed) installation attempt of the kitchen ROM:

1. This was the first upgrade for a long time. My previous ROM was not kitchen-baked, and was probably something like r3

2. I installed the free ClockworkMod ROM Manager to install r12

3. I did a full wipe (via the ClockworkMod recovery menu) prior to installing r12

4. I installed r12 via the "select zip from SD" option in the ClockworkMod recovery menu

Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

erp.

Guest HELLienadO

No news from Paul for a long time... he said he'd be away for two weeks and a month and a half have passed(+-)... Maybe he's preparing something for a next release?

Had the same problem, go to the settings and use the other keyboard. It now works fine for me

Thanks for the reply, however I cannot change the keyboard, when I go into the keyboard settings there is no checkbox to select the relevant keyboards I do however have the settings option for each keyboard, or is it only a matter of just acessing the settings to turn them on? even if I do so, If I go into say messaging and start typing I still have the keyboard crashing down problem.

Guest jannisl

I use the rom for a month and I have one big problem:

If anybody calles me, I see only the number but not the name. The two fixes don´t help :D. What can I do?

(Sorry for my bad english :D)

Guest samjam
I use the rom for a month and I have one big problem:

If anybody calles me, I see only the number but not the name. The two fixes don´t help :D. What can I do?

(Sorry for my bad english :D)

CM7 nightly 32 for Android 2.3 seems to have less problems that MCR12 (unless you really want the FM radio).

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...e-to-read-more/

Guest Polythene

Having used the R4 (i think) Rom since before Christmas i've become a bit out of the loop with the roms. Recently my phone has started crashing, falling into long boot cycles quite a lot.

I assume upgrading to this rom will improve the phone all round?

Thanks for any help!

Guest t-o-mm-y

Hello,

is there any possibility for me to remove the TFT support from this built? For some reason only roms that only support OLED work for me.

In the forums there are other ppl with the same issue.

I would appreciate any help.

tommy

Guest gadgetman99

Is anyone having problems accessing the kitchen. Although I am a paid up member, it still shows 'Sorry, this Online Kitchen is available to Premium members only.' at the bottom of the kitchen screen.

This did work for me about a week or so ago and I have tried EI8 and Firefox 3.6 to no effect.

• 2 weeks later...
No news from Paul for a long time... he said he'd be away for two weeks and a month and a half have passed(+-)... Maybe he's preparing something for a next release?

Just off rooting / hacking some other new devices for people... I'll revisit this ROM after tho.

If only we had 48 hour days. :)

P

Guest evgenyo

Paul, just f.y.i. TOUCH SCREEN DEAD AFTER ROM UPGRADE

I tried this (R12) ROM on my OSF 2.1-update1, P729BB01, kernel 2.6.29 zte-kernel@Zdroid-SMT, Build OUK_P729BV1.0.0B10,

upgrade went OK, but then touch screen did not work at all.

Revert back to stock ROM revivies the screen.

Problem does not look R12 ROM specific almost any 2.2 ROM and some 2.1 as well causing the problem on quite few recently bought devices.

I see you are quite busy, but maybe you can have a look on an issue and come up with any hint?

Thanks.

Guest mifran
I don't have any market app on this Rom how can i install it

mifran

I have flashed this rom r12 again and it went into the reboot loop showing the modaco screen so i removed the battery after 30 mins of this loop did a factory reset and it booted up fine everything seems to work but there is still no market in the apps

mifran

I have now got this rom working by doing a full wipe data user and then cache and now everything is fine

Edited by mifran

Guest kitharistas

Hi!

I'm new to the forums...and actually pretty new to custom roms and stuff...yet i have a question which for some reason i coudn't find the answer to...

Anyway, i had installed this rom a while ago and yet i decided to switch to the new Cyanogen mod 7...and after fidiling around with it i decided to go back to this rom...

Everything seems to be working fine...BUT the gingerbread keyboard doesn't seem to work...only the typical grey stock keyboard and i don't know what to do..

any ideas anyone??

thanx

EDIT: found it...what a noob i am...

Edited by kitharistas

Guest lpinho

I'm receiving multimedia messages (MMS) and several messages cannot be downloaded ("Message not downloaded").

It's strange, if its a Nokia sending the mms I get an error, if its from the operator, then, it works fine...

Anyone else with this problem?

Thanks

Guest elastico
Is there going to be any more updates? It's been months now and my San Fran is starting to feel neglected :mellow:

I's not neglected at all. You have the Swedish Spring ROM that is a great 2.2 ROM, built on the official 2.2 release, and then you have the best (highest performance) ROM if you ask me, CM7 which is 2.3.3