[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

You could have answered that one with a quick search. Use ClockworkMod 2.5.0.9, not the latest one.

Thanks I did find it. I've been out of modaco for ages, and am getting used to the way it works. I have become an old fogey I'm afraid! Thanks for your kind patience!

Guest DarkCounter
I don't have any problems with my car BT set (that's a SonyEricsson one), my phone even switches to CarHome mode as soon as it is paired to the car BT set (this happens automatically when I start the car and CarHome is set up this way :))

Yours is a weird issue - the called party can hear you (I mean they probably can but which microphone is in use? The car's or the phone's? Check it by constantly speaking but moving from one mic to the other slowly and the called party should report back which one is louder). I'd investigate it this way :(

Yeah, thnaks for the advice. Will give it a try. Called party can hear me, but I think its the mobile's microphone which is in use... Weird, as you say... But: I had similar issues with my HTC Magic on custom ROMs. Hmm - maybe it's just Mercedes who drives me nuts :)

Well I've flashed with a stock orange rom and my touch screen doesn't work. I mention this to show that some touch screen problems at least may not be 2.2R4 software related.

However I did wonder if the problem occurred when I put the phone in my magnetic-catch M3100 hip-case. I just "immersed" my phone in and out and suddenly the touch screen works. Spookey (but only for a few seconds and it's broken again). I'll report back after I go to the shop tomorrow.

android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly keeps popping up. a few moments after i press force close the screen goes blank and then comes back on and reloads all my widgets, how do i fix this it does it too often, im on alpha 3 atm, cant access contact, dialer or messages either, plz helpppp

okay i fixed some of the problem, android.process.acore does not popup any more, altho it does pop up when i try and access contacts, dialer, messages, and call log, if anyone else has this problem and know hot to fix please help.

never mind fixed it all myself

Edited by ropin

Guest mattlcfc

been running r3 now for a few days i turned hw acc off and resized the screen to 200 changed vm to 35 (played with various settings and this seemed the best) and i am getting double the battery life :) :) (no 3g but wifi on )

fantastic work and runs smooth as silk clashes with lockbot now and again but more than livable

quadrant is 985

Edited by mattlcfc

Have tried unsuccessfully to change the bootscreen on the wifes new san francisco - unlocked the handset straight from the box, used one-click-root and installed clockwork recovery

signed up and got membership so I could use the kitchen, and 'made' a custom alpha 4 rom. Since then however I've flashed the rom with my changes to the bootanimation.zip in /system/media/

I've managed to inadvertantly get rid of the modaco splash screen (which im sorry but the wife hated) as now after displaying the android splash the screen just goes black before loading to the lock screen...

so semi success I guess, no custom boot animation thus far though :/

All the guides seem to be for altering the framework apk, but obviously that doesnt apply here as the files are elsewhere.

Is the issue that im trying to replace Paul's static dude with a 24 frame animation?

All I have done is extracted pauls original bootanimation (using winrar), replaced each of the frames with an identically named png, then re-zipped it again and replaced the original.

I've done this before for my own Nexus One as I didnt like the newer cyanogen mod boot animations....Ive never had this trouble before - could an expert advise me? Its a shame the bootanim I made for my nexus cant be used...but its a 100+ frame animation :)

Guest Teh H4rRy
If you go to your contacts in GMAIL (browser on a computer), there is a new Feature (under more) that merges duplicates.

I tried that, It said I had 100 duplicates, removed and resynced but I am still getting doubles of contacts, for example John Smith +4471234567 and John Smith 071234567

So I have doubles with the UK prefix and numbers without it...

Also A number which isnt in my contacts list but shows up when I type it into chomp :)

Guest Mellerle
been running r3 now for a few days i turned hw acc off and resized the screen to 200 changed vm to 35 (played with various settings and this seemed the best) and i am getting double the battery life :) :) (no 3g but wifi on )

fantastic work and runs smooth as silk clashes with lockbot now and again but more than livable

quadrant is 985

What means you doubled the battery life? How much?

I think I had the same as you when I first flashed Alpha r3 yesterday, felt a little laggy and sometimes laucher pro would hang - this may have been down to my SD card showing signs of corruption. For some strange reason I neglected to put an ext 2 on it. I've now reformatted and partitioned the card with ext 2 and reflashed the ROM and the phone feels much more responsive and no launcher pro hangs (as yet) and freed up much more storage space! :)

can someone explain what this guy means by creating an ext 2 cuz im completely baffled, whats the benefits of dong this, i only want to do it cuz my launcher pro is really laggy so i thawt it wud help, can some1 please help me out?

EXT2 partition on SD card is required for A2SD+, its far superior than native froyo app2sd. Format sd card and use windows to check sd for errors, than use rom manager to create partition or ubuntu live cd.

Guest Curtiss1

Hi everyone ! I put this rom on my zte blade and it works very well, thank you !

Except one ( or two )thing(s) :

The keyboard is not an azerty. The keyboard language is french ( i am french ) and the word prediction is on, but, none of this works, there isnt prediction and the keyboard is qwerty. How can i fix it please ? I already went to settings => language and keyboard to configure everything. The keyboard dont care.

Edit : Ho and the htc keyboard is not here :x But it is not a big deal, the android native keyboard is enough for me :)

Edited by Curtiss1

Guest Al_Jolson

quadrant is 985

What do you lose with hardware accelaration turned off? Is it slower, jerkier...?

Guest Totyasrác
Hmm - maybe it's just Mercedes who drives me nuts :)

OFFtopicON:

Don't tell me - used to have one (W124 E280) but that one drove me nuts... Loved it but had soooooo much problems with the electricity... :)

(Wiring harness, computer, ignition coils etc)

OFFtopicOFF :(

Hi anyone having.FM radio problems on alpha 3 build. Starts up and plays for a few seconds and then goes silent.

Check the third post with the known issues, it's an already known issue.

Edited by cobhc

I have had 2 freezes this morning on Alpha2 baked myself with stock froyo lock screen and no NOLED.

This build has been working fine since the day it was made available.

Recent changes: install new Android Market app posted by Paul yesterday and a few more games.

I mean freezes on the lock screen where it does not respond to fingers.

Edited by FJO

Have tried unsuccessfully to change the bootscreen on the wifes new san francisco - unlocked the handset straight from the box, used one-click-root and installed clockwork recovery

signed up and got membership so I could use the kitchen, and 'made' a custom alpha 4 rom. Since then however I've flashed the rom with my changes to the bootanimation.zip in /system/media/

I've managed to inadvertantly get rid of the modaco splash screen (which im sorry but the wife hated) as now after displaying the android splash the screen just goes black before loading to the lock screen...

so semi success I guess, no custom boot animation thus far though :/

All the guides seem to be for altering the framework apk, but obviously that doesnt apply here as the files are elsewhere.

Is the issue that im trying to replace Paul's static dude with a 24 frame animation?

All I have done is extracted pauls original bootanimation (using winrar), replaced each of the frames with an identically named png, then re-zipped it again and replaced the original.

I've done this before for my own Nexus One as I didnt like the newer cyanogen mod boot animations....Ive never had this trouble before - could an expert advise me? Its a shame the bootanim I made for my nexus cant be used...but its a 100+ frame animation :)

Try this this animation

Care to share the one you done for your Nexus one so we can try it out?

Edited by Lew247

I've been having black screen issues on my phone, I had put it down to this ROM, however it is not. Anyone using ChompSMS should install an update, relates to a black screen problem, and general SMS slowness, seems to have helped.

I guess this won't fix the only problem I have left which is the touch screen sometimes not responding.

Edited by Sotian