[ROM] [eclair] Finnish Fillyjonk RLS5 [2011-01-05]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest leetron1
Try turning off the "SD card notification" sound in Sound & Display settings.

I'm being more than a little dense today..must be the cold & snow...thats sorted it (ofcourse!!)

Thanks again..really liking the ROM & chance to fiddle with some overclocking...

Guest Arr Too

I'm really liking this ROM -- it's responsive, got lots of good apps, and lots of choices (with a great circle battery). Shows how good 2.1 can be. Thanks!

Guest kallt_kaffe
Kallt_Kaffe, just to be sure: does the custom kernel also support EXT2 for Apps2SD?

Yes, of course, but it also adds EXT3 support for those who wants it. To be honest, I haven't tried Apps2SD on this ROM. Should work, let me know if it doesn't.

Guest paraselene
Yes, of course, but it also adds EXT3 support for those who wants it. To be honest, I haven't tried Apps2SD on this ROM. Should work, let me know if it doesn't.

it works for ext2 ;)

Guest Arr Too

One small bug: the compass is broken. It seems to be connected to the accelerometer (i.e. compass spins if you twist it about a horizontal axis), and no amount of calibration will help. I tried the original Finnish kernel add-on and that's the same. I flashed to a different 2.1 backup and the compass was immediately fine.

Guest kallt_kaffe
One small bug: the compass is broken. It seems to be connected to the accelerometer (i.e. compass spins if you twist it about a horizontal axis), and no amount of calibration will help. I tried the original Finnish kernel add-on and that's the same. I flashed to a different 2.1 backup and the compass was immediately fine.

One of the sensor files was different than in the Hungarian ROM... I'll have look at it. Copy all the sensor files from Hungarian Hedgehog and see if it helps.

Guest oh!dougal

Out of interest, why is GPS Test preferred to GPS Status (which tests/calibrates accelerometer and compass)?

Guest Arr Too
Copy all the sensor files from Hungarian Hedgehog and see if it helps.

Found sensors.default.so in /system/lib/hw was different to the one in Hungarian Hedgehog, but after replacing it and rebooting the compass is still wonky. Can you think of anything else to try?

Guest Daimaah

So... any Finns (with a phone from SL or TF) tried this? Anything special that's not working? It does seem like a pimped up Finnish stock so I'm tempted to try it out.

Guest oh!dougal

Confirmed that the Compass is pitch and roll sensitive.

Wasn't with HH.

Orange SF.

Flashed over HH without wiping cache and data.

Guest paraselene
Here's some experimental kernels that has "analogue" pressure compared to the stock kernel that reports either no pressure or full pressure. (touchscreen)

http://www.mediafire.com/?m1tpddaa5o9f6t1

It works for me :P However, it shutdown my lovely overclock ;)

For me, high pressure sensitive is good.

Edited by paraselene

Guest kallt_kaffe
Found sensors.default.so in /system/lib/hw was different to the one in Hungarian Hedgehog, but after replacing it and rebooting the compass is still wonky. Can you think of anything else to try?

Yes, get /system/bin/akmd2 from HH, it's changed and it's the compass daemon. That's propably what you need to, try it with and without the new sensor lib to make sure if the sensor lib also needs replacing or not.

Guest Arr Too
Yes, get /system/bin/akmd2 from HH, it's changed and it's the compass daemon.

Yay! That works beautifully -- with and without the other version of the sensors lib. THANKS!

Guest paraselene
Yes, get /system/bin/akmd2 from HH, it's changed and it's the compass daemon. That's propably what you need to, try it with and without the new sensor lib to make sure if the sensor lib also needs replacing or not.

It seems that compass works for me. Is the HH's compass daemon works better?

Guest oh!dougal
It seems that compass works for me. Is the HH's compass daemon works better?

1/ Are you aware of the specific problem? The compass seems to "work", but if you tip or roll the phone, the compass swings (when it shouldn't!)

2/ Or do you have a Finnish phone? I'm afraid that we have two versions of the sensor each needing its own software, and no way of determining (from software probing alone) which version a particular phone has got. Uh-oh, as The Rainman said. Uh-oh.